STEP v2.2.9.1 Official Bug Reports

TechAngel85

Not really a bug report for STEP itself, but the latest USKP (2.1.2) has broken all SkyProc patchers with a "missing master" error... It is advised to continue using 2.1.1 until the issues are resolved. Obviously, this also includes staying at the previous rev of Bring Out Your Dead as well (since it references the new USKP version).

I have put in a report to Dienes (SkyProc main dev) and hopefully he can figure out the issue before long.

• +1 3

GenTester;

The only places I add rommbounds/roommarkers or alter them is in large interiors with lots of objects in them.

Breezehome and similar building interiors are too small for such additions to be worth adding roombounds/roommarkers to, and would only introduce a performance decrease of some kind rather than improving on the performance.

And use TES5EDIT if you think there might a compatibility issue between a none STEP mod or if iti is a STEP mod, post the issue in this thread so the STEP-Team can have a look at it and see what would serve as the best solution for that/those mod/s.

Edited by JawZ

In step 2.c (update.esm cleaning) I did not get the new update.esm in my Overwrites "mod" (Mod Organizer 1.3.8). Instead I found that the update.esm in my Skyrim folders was smaller than the backuped one (despite having the same timestamp as before), and Mod Organizer only had the TES5Edit (TES5Edit 3.1.1) backup folders. I had to manually create a mod and move the update.esm there to achieve the same as the guide described. Is this something I did wrong, or did mod organizer detect TES5Edit's actions (delete old file, create new file, move new file in place of old file) wrong?

In step 2.c (update.esm cleaning) I did not get the new update.esm in my Overwrites "mod" (Mod Organizer 1.3.8). Instead I found that the update.esm in my Skyrim folders was smaller than the backuped one (despite having the same timestamp as before), and Mod Organizer only had the TES5Edit (TES5Edit 3.1.1) backup folders. I had to manually create a mod and move the update.esm there to achieve the same as the guide described. Is this something I did wrong, or did mod organizer detect TES5Edit's actions (delete old file, create new file, move new file in place of old file) wrong?

I think this happens when you untick Backup Plugins.

There is, I believe, a change in behaviour with the way MO saves the modified ESM files. I'm not 100% sure of which version introduced it but the modified file used to replace the file in the Data folder and a backup copy was saved in a backup folder. Now it has been observed the modified file AND the backup both get moved to the 'overwrite' folder and this means moving the cleaned ESMs back into Data.

I've got a comment or two in an open issue waiting for clarification from @Tannin on this. If it is the case the cleaning guides may need a bit of tweaking.

There is, I believe, a change in behaviour with the way MO saves the modified ESM files. I'm not 100% sure of which version introduced it but the modified file used to replace the file in the Data folder and a backup copy was saved in a backup folder. Now it has been observed the modified file AND the backup both get moved to the 'overwrite' folder and this means moving the cleaned ESMs back into Data.

I've got a comment or two in an open issue waiting for clarification from @Tannin on this. If it is the case the cleaning guides may need a bit of tweaking.

This is how we have it handled in the instructions.

I know this and this is how it is in the guide. What I don't understand are these people experiencing something else happening.

Ah... good to know. I hadn't bothered to check the guide lately, its been a long time since I made any changes to my cleaning regime. Last time i checked though, my MO behaviour wasn't what was described so I guess you guys are just too quick. ::D:

I noticed that the vendors loose less gold than they should when selling items, any ideas? I am using the current STEP extended build.

Example: I sell an item worth 700 gold to a vendor with 750 gold in stock. After the transaction the vendor got more than 50 gold.

Edited by hapau3

There is an inconsistency in step when it comes to bartering I believe. I'm writing this from my phone so I'll have to describe the issue as well as I can from memory. One of kryptopyrs mods, probably clothing and clutter fixes, raises the price of silver ingots (if I remember correctly). Neovalens Skyrim coin replacer redux lets you melt 75 haralds to a silver ingot. The price of the ingot and the coins required to melt them becomes inconsistent compared to other coins and the ingots they are melted to.

A solution could be to alter the recipe for melting haralds to require more (quite a lot more) haralds for one ingot.

Edited by dreadflopp

There is an inconsistency in step when it comes to bartering I believe. I'm writing this from my phone so I'll have to describe the issue as well as I can from memory. One of kryptopyrs mods, probably clothing and clutter fixes, raises the price of silver ingots (if I remember correctly). Neovalens Skyrim coin replacer redux lets you melt 75 haralds to a silver ingot. The price of the ingot and the coins required to melt them becomes inconsistent compared to other coins and the ingots they are melted to.

A solution could be to alter the recipe for melting haralds to require more (quite a lot more) haralds for one ingot.

This could probably be fixed with the STEP Patches.

"Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade" (CCOR) is missing a LOOT meta rule reminder under "Recommendations" for the bashed patch list. Also, could "CCOR" be conflicting somehow with the "aMidianBorn" content add-on? I'm getting Brown fur for females, instead of white for the steel armor in 3rd person. The fur appears white in the inventory. Furthermore, what are the special bashed patch instructions for the aMidianBorn content add-on?

"Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade" (CCOR) is missing a LOOT meta rule reminder under "Recommendations" for the bashed patch list. Also, could "CCOR" be conflicting somehow with the "aMidianBorn" content add-on? I'm getting Brown fur for females, instead of white for the steel armor in 3rd person. The fur appears white in the inventory. Furthermore, what are the special bashed patch instructions for the aMidianBorn content add-on?

Fixed.

It could conflict; however, those mods came from the same author...but it could be a simple mistake.

There are no longer any special instructions for Content Addon.