STEP v2.2.9.1 Official Bug Reports

TechAngel85

Those are "vines" on the wall. If the missing texture overlays appear when you are standing close up, it is not DynDOLOD. My guess is that there is a plugin conflict. Could be a texture overlay from the USP that is not being forwarded into some of your other plugins. I have not seen it in STEP. Are you using a Bashed Patch?

Vines, I see. Thank you!

No, it's not DynDOLOD because of without DynDOLOD the issue is still present.

Yes, I use Bashed Patch of course.

I just don't really know how can I investigate what is causing this issue.

Edited by kranazoli

Did you install Better Dynamic Snow or similar mod?

Yes, I did. Exactly, from Ruffled Feather mod collection.

Why? That one could be the "guilty" one?

I like BDS, but I'll check without BDS how to behave.

So:

You are a Genius or a God Angel. Without BDS it is okay. Is there a way, to keep BDS but solve that issue, or should I drop BDS?

I know, STEP does not contain BDS but I am trying to combine STEP + REGS + SR:LE and Legendary does have BDS and BDS related mods(patches).

What can you recommend?

- Better Dynamic Snow.esp

- Prometheus_NSUTR BDS Patch.esp

- ETaC - Better Dynamic Snow Patch.esp

If I am not mistaken these are the affected mods.

Of course I can live without BDS, but to be honest like it very much. :/

Edit: Tried to change priority, etc... but without any success and also sign my issue at the Ruffled Feather mod topic, maybe... I have no idea how to solve that issue, just do not use BDS at all.

Edited by kranazoli

Did you install Better Dynamic Snow or similar mod?

Hey TechAngel,

It looks like Sparrow try to find some kind of solution about that issue, but you are not just simple an Angel, it's rather a half God. :)

Really thank you, that you suddenly thought about BDS could be the reason of this issue. :unworthy: :thumbsup:

Edit: exactly the same time... :)

Thank you!

Edited by kranazoli
  • +1 1

Not sure if this is the correct place to post, but in STEP v2.2.9.1, under 1.D.2. SkyrimPrefs INI, the entry for "Disable ZPrepass on shadows", there is an interesting post on https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/6040/? (3rd post down), which explains this function, plus other shadow-related tweaks.

"bShadowMaskZPrepass=1 (This prepass ensures the active blending of shadows onto textured surfaces and is used to handle the value of 'iShadowMaskQuarter'' with the game-engine. It is not required, but DOES add realism if you have the machine to handle it.)"

I am aware of that post. I also will have you know that the majority of what people have said about these shadow settings have proven to be false. For example, iShadowMapResolutionPrimary and iShadowMapResolutionSecondary, mentioned in that post, are not even recognized in the game! Please observe the https://forum.step-project.com/topic/3758-shadow-optimization/ as well.

ZPrepass is a method used by games to try to prevent rendering of objects that cannot be seen for a possible performance boost. If Bethesda had something else in mind in the creation of bShadowMaskZPrepass, it is rather doubtful. But, bMainZPrepass is undoubtedly used for this purpose, and has proven to be exceedingly buggy. Since the main ZPrepass is buggy, we have determined to leave bShadowMaskZPrepass off until it is found to be both a) useful and b) bug-free. Currently, however, in my limited testing, I have not found it to produce any effect whatsoever.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...