Error Code 8 when trying to install More Perks (main file)

MortalCoil85

Question

Reinstalled MO to replay FNV and starting installing mods and such and this error code 8 shows up. I installed all the optional "More Perks" mods and when i try to install the main file i get "None of the available installer plugins were able to handle that archive". I'm a little at loss because when i played through FNV last (about a year ago with FNV + MO) this wasn't an issue. Thoughts?

2 answers to this question

The archive used by More Perks is packed using the STORE/DEFLATE compression method and the 7zip library, for whatever reason, refuses to open it. The full 7zip tool handles this archive just fine, it is just an issue with the library. Nothing can be done on the MO side as it is a standard library supplied by 7zip.

Now that the explanation is out of the way, simply unpack it with whichever archive tool you use and repack it using any method beside the one mentioned above. MO will then deal with that archive as it does with all others.

The archive used by More Perks is packed using the STORE/DEFLATE compression method and the 7zip library, for whatever reason, refuses to open it. The full 7zip tool handles this archive just fine, it is just an issue with the library. Nothing can be done on the MO side as it is a standard library supplied by 7zip.

Now that the explanation is out of the way, simply unpack it with whichever archive tool you use and repack it using any method beside the one mentioned above. MO will then deal with that archive as it does with all others.

Thanks so much sir!