XCOM 2

Neovalen

Well it would sorta make sense for them to go that route. After all I can imagine that working on more or less the same engine, and same universe, and setting etc. gets a bit tiring. Good idea to release tools to make the game have even more longevity, while they work on their next project. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Decided to give XCOM: Enemy Unknown a shot as it was available for Kr. 50,- (a bit less than 6 dollars) on Steam this weekend. Not really sure whether it's my thing as I haven't tried anything like it before, and I'm not really a huge fan of the graphical style, but a friend spoke rather highly of it so I thought - why not? If I get hooked I'll probably arrive just in time for some of fancier mods when I get around to XCOM 2 anyways. ^^

I fell in love with it after I got used to it. I recommend playing it through once unmodded, but perhaps toss on a SweetFX preset to enhance the graphics a bit. That's what I did. My second playthrough, which is still in progress, I added in one overhaul mod that made it a lil more realistic, more challenging, and has made the game last longer.

Great news about proper mod support. The previous game was a real pain when it came to mods. 

Last year at Lavecon, I've had an honour of meeting in person Julian Gollop, the creator of the original X-COM. It was fun watching him play a custom fan made board version of X-Com game. Sadly there were no more places at the table :( 

He's recently released a cool litle game called Chaos Reborn - a digital version of one of his early board games called Chaos. Check it out if you like fantasy themed, turned based tactical battle game with deck of cards twist. It's a little gem that not many people know about. 

Anyway, X-Com 2 preordered a few days ago, can't wait for the release!

Decided to give XCOM: Enemy Unknown a shot as it was available for Kr. 50,- (a bit less than 6 dollars) on Steam this weekend. Not really sure whether it's my thing as I haven't tried anything like it before, and I'm not really a huge fan of the graphical style, but a friend spoke rather highly of it so I thought - why not? If I get hooked I'll probably arrive just in time for some of fancier mods when I get around to XCOM 2 anyways. ^^

I hope you like pain, commander. :)

The beauty of XCOM is the highs of victory and the soul-crushing beat down of defeat. Its when you miss that 95% shot and get murdered for missing, or hit that low 20% shot to save a beloved soldier.