4 replies to this topic

#1 Kesta

Kesta

Knight

• Mod Author
  • Pip
  • 487 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 05:36 PM

Currently, when using an anchor like [[#mySection|Click Here to go to mySection]], the view is moved just below the title of the section.

I don't know if it's just me, but I have the feeling that modifying it so the view would be moved above the title instead of below would be much more intuitive for navigation. So you can make sure you start reading the right section, right at its begining, instead of a quick scroll-up to check if there was no mistakes in the link.

That said, it's a minor issue, so if it need hardcore edits to the backend, just ignore this ^^

#2 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• VIP-Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,461 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:24 PM

I think what happens is that the top bar is not taken into account when the page jumps, so it skips a little farther down when you click the link. I've brought it up before, but I'm not sure if something can be done.

#3 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,040 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:39 PM

Yes, s4n commented about this saying that it's working correctly, but the top bar floats and it covers it up.

#4 Kesta

Kesta

Knight

• Mod Author
  • Pip
  • 487 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:48 PM

Ah, I didn't think about that top bar :teehee: Now that you say it, it make sense. I guess there is nothing to do about it. Thx both for the heads up.

#5 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,082 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 01:37 PM

Yes, it is a mediawiki thing that cannot be easily accounted for in the skin without js. Not impossible to deal with, but far down on the list of priorities.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users