70 replies to this topic

#61 themagicteeth

themagicteeth

Prisoner

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 02:16 PM

https://www.youtube....2ibqtmMramwQmHB

Here is a guide about Mod Organizer by GamerPoets, might help you out a little.

#62 Himself

Himself

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:35 PM

Thanks!!

I've mostly figured it out by now (hopefully), but will refer to the guide for tips =]

Also, Ive made another post in the subreddit with some minor doubts (mostly stupid xD), if you ever have the time to take a look.

Gonna finish the install any of these days (about 70% done ATM) so I can comment better and maybe point 1 or 2 mods to make it a bit better! ^^

(So yeah, basically I'll just bother you! =DD)

#63 Himself

Himself

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 08:56 AM

Oki, almost done!
Gonna render LODs and run around a bit to test menus/configs.

LOOT says:

Static Battery Replacer.esp - Delete. Already included in YUPTTW.esm
Leaving it there until it is confirmed ok to delete  ^_^ 

TrooperOverhaul-Dragbody.esp - FNVEdit found 4 ITM records. An explanation of Dirty Edits is available here.
Since it was not mentioned to clean in the guide, I'm leaving as is for now.

Also, if ppl wanna use ultrawide resolutions, need to edit FalloutPrefs.ini
iSize W=2560
iSize H=1080
Just change above values to match the desired resolution, then use Roy's mod FOV Slider (already in the guide) to adjust view and etc while in-game.

Ultrawide setups will likely generate a "black box" at the center of the screen when changing between areas, there is no real fix for it AFAIK, just a workaround:
https://www.nexusmod...tab=description
This workaround also has issues, but less problematic than the black blox itself.

Edited by Himself, 26 August 2019 - 08:58 AM.

#64 themagicteeth

themagicteeth

Prisoner

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 07:23 PM

Thank you for bringing Static Battery Replacer to my attention, I will look into removing it from the guide, as there have been a few other mods that I have removed because they are now included in YUPTTW. You can clean the TrooperOverhaul-Dragbody.esp by using these instrucitons:

https://wiki.step-pr...it_Mod_Cleaning

I will add this to the guide eventually.

#65 Himself

Himself

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 08:06 PM

Oh no, it is I who must thank  ::):

Thank you a lot sir!!

You, the modders, all who help and support in making the Fallout community so great!!

I've always been a fan of mega mod installs =D

Now, just gotta figure out how to make it run without freezing/stop responding each 5 mins  :cool:

#66 xxPYROxxJONESxx

xxPYROxxJONESxx

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 12:12 AM

you're the best man. if you ever get this polished I'll make a wabbajack auto-installer for it.

#67 Himself

Himself

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 06:03 PM

Now, just gotta figure out how to make it run without freezing/stop responding each 5 mins  :cool:

After the megamod install, I was having a lot of freezing/crashing.

Following the logical conclusion, problem really was on my end  :oops: 

Uninstalling and reinstalling all C++ Visual Studio runtimes seems to have solved it! (Hopefully the game is back to only crashing/freezing every once in a while, which is as I remember it ^^)

And just to clarify, for reference, if somebody has a likewise issue in the future:
You gotta reinstall TTW (and maybe possibly both games) after changing the C++ libs.

#68 xxPYROxxJONESxx

xxPYROxxJONESxx

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 03:43 AM

After the megamod install, I was having a lot of freezing/crashing.

Following the logical conclusion, problem really was on my end  :oops: 

Uninstalling and reinstalling all C++ Visual Studio runtimes seems to have solved it! (Hopefully the game is back to only crashing/freezing every once in a while, which is as I remember it ^^)

And just to clarify, for reference, if somebody has a likewise issue in the future:
You gotta reinstall TTW (and maybe possibly both games) after changing the C++ libs.

So you fixed it by reinstalling c++ libs, both games, two and the entire guide? Does that not mean it's possible you just didn't install the guide correctly in the first place?

#69 xxPYROxxJONESxx

xxPYROxxJONESxx

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 05:57 AM

I went over to the ttw forums to see if anyone has any feedback on your guide, Ive aggregated it below.  

CASM 1.9 crashes with the current version of JIPLN (you need CASM 1.8).
  u recommend using LOOT to sort all the mods (LOOT does a horrible job at sorting) and the link in the loot section for 'Load Order General Guide' is broken. maybe include your load order so users can manually compare.
  Guide recommends xLODGen beta 42, beta 57 came out yesterday. it may confuse people.
  u recommend building an automated patch using xEdit which you shouldn't do. There's a link to a guide for making a proper merge patch around somewhere, if i find it ill link it. in the meantime one user recommends making a bashed patch afterward the merged patch.
  It says that Roy's Auto Gates Redux is a conversion for TTW, when it was actually made from scratch, it was only inspired by the FO3 mod.
  apparently overkill on the retextures. updates over at viva new vegas mention removing many removing many retextures because while they sounded good on paper the performance hit was large (stuttering) considering how little you notice them in game.

#70 Himself

Himself

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 12:13 PM

So you fixed it by reinstalling c++ libs, both games, two and the entire guide? Does that not mean it's possible you just didn't install the guide correctly in the first place?

Failed install of the guide would be a lot easier to notice and to fix. When the game is reduced to just TTW + JIP NVSE but still freezes, it gets hard to figure out what is wrong.

Took me a lot to notice it was C++ libs, never had problems with those before. Was using the all in one from here. But after having issues I do recomend to download 1 by 1 from microsoft, as terrible as that is.

TTW installer creates files during install using the runtimes. Mods don't, it is a package to download and sort manually or via mod manager, so no need to reinstall all mods. I dunno if both games create files at install time (would assume not, that it just copies the packages, but can't be 100% certain).

Edited by Himself, 25 October 2019 - 12:17 PM.

#71 themagicteeth

themagicteeth

Prisoner

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 08:06 PM

you're the best man. if you ever get this polished I'll make a wabbajack auto-installer for it.

Thanks for the offer, that would be great.

I went over to the ttw forums to see if anyone has any feedback on your guide, Ive aggregated it below.  

CASM 1.9 crashes with the current version of JIPLN (you need CASM 1.8).
  u recommend using LOOT to sort all the mods (LOOT does a horrible job at sorting) and the link in the loot section for 'Load Order General Guide' is broken. maybe include your load order so users can manually compare.
  Guide recommends xLODGen beta 42, beta 57 came out yesterday. it may confuse people.
  u recommend building an automated patch using xEdit which you shouldn't do. There's a link to a guide for making a proper merge patch around somewhere, if i find it ill link it. in the meantime one user recommends making a bashed patch afterward the merged patch.
  It says that Roy's Auto Gates Redux is a conversion for TTW, when it was actually made from scratch, it was only inspired by the FO3 mod.
  apparently overkill on the retextures. updates over at viva new vegas mention removing many removing many retextures because while they sounded good on paper the performance hit was large (stuttering) considering how little you notice them in game.

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. Unfortunately, I have not had time to update the guide and I actually do not have an install going right now.

I agree about the textures being overkill. I would like to go through and prune them. My next big iteration I will probably do that, but it might not be for a while. I did try to signify with the little emojis when a mod is "Core" or if it has a lower quality texture available.

I tried to design the guide so that it is modular, and people can kind of take what they need from it. I actually really just made it for me as a reference of mods and instructions that I had found just scattered all over the internet and in READMEs. It got to a point where I got kind of burned out on working on it. Its an undertaking, and I actually do not know that much about creating mods, and patching mods, so there's that.

I hope some people in the community got something out of it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fallout_NV, fallout_nv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users