TES5Edit Mod Cleaning

frihyland

• 4 weeks later...

I am currently new on using the TES5Edit Mod Cleaning Guide, and as a result have a couple questions regarding this tool.

1. Are there any mods that I should not clean besides USKP?

2. Will dirty mods that have been reported on STEP be usable if I clean the mod wth this tool?

3. Are all the steps of cleaning a mod the same?

Example:

Select Mod that you want to clean.

Right click on mod and select Apply Filter for Cleaning

Right click on mod and select Remove Identical Masters records

Say Yes on Warning message

Right click on mod and select Undelete and Disable References

CTRL+S and click Okay to save

Done

4. Will using the cleaning tool cause any problems to my game?

5. After cleaning the mod, I see an orange plus mark on some of the mods on wrye bash (examples climates of tamerial and Dynamic Snow). When disabling that specific mod and reinstalling it on wrye bash. I have found that the errors are shown again on the TES5Edit. Is this normal? should i leave orange mark mod alone in wrye bash? Or should i uninstall and reinstall and not clean the mod afterwards?

Under Wrye Bash Help Orange Plus Means:• Orange: All package files are present in the data directory, but some esps/esms are not identical. (E.g. another package installed an alternative version of that file, or the user modified the file after installation.)

6. Should I install the mod via wrye bash first before cleaning the mod or before?

Any help with these questions will help me very much

Make sure you are using the latest version of TES5edit

You should only clean one mod at a time and fully exit after each cleaning.

Each time you clean a mod all dependent mods must be loaded (skyrim.esm and update.esm will always be needed, some mods will need dg or hf as well, and some mods depend on other mods as well)

First clean Update, dawnguard and hearthfires as described

For Update.esm: Load Skyrim.esm and Update.esm, but only clean Update.esm.

For Dawnguard.esm: Load Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, and Dawnguard.esm but only clean Dawnguard.esm.

For Hearthfires.esm: Load Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, and Hearthfires.esm but only clean Hearthfires.esm.

that is the basic example of how to clean all mods, remember to clean and exit every time

you need to make sure that your mods are installed in BOSS correct order and clean them one by one in this order.

Frihyland, I have been using the steps that you have provided but there is one question that still puzzles me.

After cleaning the mod, I see an orange plus mark next to dynamic snow and Climates of Tamerial in wrye bash. (which for clarification shows no dirty mods after cleaning)

Like I stated previously, when I uninstall the mod in wrye bash and reinstall it, the dirty mod checker(which is the apply filter setting) shows the same dirty mods before I cleaned it.

My question is, what should I do at this point? Is the orange plus next to dynamic snow/climates mod harmless and I should leave it alone after cleaning? or should I uninstall and reinstall and not clean those mods?

Hopefully you understand what I am trying to say and I eagerly await for your response

• 2 months later...

hi,

while I was using it, all suddenly the program says this error:

" A error occurred while loading modules. Editing is disable.

ceck the message and correct the error."

what can i do?

reinstall the program?

thx

bye

this is the message ..

-"Background Loader: Fatal:

I didn't anything as the last installed mod...

before it worked and i have this problem after Skyrim Flora Overhaul install with MO..

i can't understand..

this is the message ..

-"Background Loader: Fatal:

I didn't anything as the last installed mod...

before it worked and i have this problem after Skyrim Flora Overhaul install with MO..

i can't understand..

Up..

I'd try reinstalling TES5Edit and see if that fixes it. I have very little practical experience with MO but I guess something might have gone wrong when you installed SFO so you could uninstall it (SFO) and see if you still get the error with TES5Edit.

I'd try reinstalling TES5Edit and see if that fixes it. I have very little practical experience with MO but I guess something might have gone wrong when you installed SFO so you could uninstall it (SFO) and see if you still get the error with TES5Edit.

Hi Korentin

thanks for the message..

i will try tonight..

Bye