TES5Edit Mod Cleaning

frihyland

Changes to note in the first post here ..

https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4110-manual-cleaning-skyrim-master-files/

.. The WICourier edit

Now that TES5Edit 3.1.0 is released - Removed the WICourier edit ( which is cleaned by normal auto cleaning using the newer version of TES5Edit - so not necessary in this manual cleaning guide anymore ) - Previous screenshot 4 and instructions have become number 3 in the OP there in place of the removed instructions.

Edited by alt3rn1ty

• 1 month later...

When cleaning masters in the newest version of Tes5Edit I'm running into a problem where a ton of mods clean out Update.esm. Mods like Climates of Tamriel, ELFX and others. I haven't saved the changes obviously but I don't' recall this happening before.  Anyone come across this? And if so is it safe to remove it?

I loaded all my plugins including Update.esm as I was running Dyndalod and I kept getting an error about a missing master for dyndalod. I ran clean masters on the main WAO plugin which was what I thought was causing the problem. The plugin cleaned out update.esm so I checked all the mods in my load order and about 15 major mods like ELFX "cleaned out" update.esm. Which is weird. I can't think of any reason TesEdit would consider Update.esm as a removable master from any mod. It's never flagged those mods before as far as I know. Like I said kind of weird.

A master is removable if no new records are overridden or referenced from it in a plugin.

Update.esm being a master for a lot of mods is just because people activate it when making plugins in CK, majority of mods don't need it actually.

Edited by zilav

• 7 months later...

Could anyone perhaps advice me which setting I need to change in TES5 for the fileheader to show me its entries so I can swap USKP to USLEEP for a mod ? I have never needed to edit a fileheader and for some reason when I click on one (no matter which mod) the page on the right in TES5 doesn't show anything.

Could anyone perhaps advice me which setting I need to change in TES5 for the fileheader to show me its entries so I can swap USKP to USLEEP for a mod ? I have never needed to edit a fileheader and for some reason when I click on one (no matter which mod) the page on the right in TES5 doesn't show anything.

You probably have the "Hide no conflict rows" setting enabled.

Invoke the context menu in the right-hand pane with a right-click and disable it.