SKELETON (by Kajuan)

EssArrBee

Discussion thread:

SKELETON by Kajuan

Wiki Link

Nice skeleton and clutter bones retex. This author has done quite a few retextures that need to be tested.

SKELETON->STEP Extended (Better Bones)->Vanilla

xiGWLHA.jpg8PTcexH.jpgPtTSGLM.jpg

QILTi11.jpggzppyIS.jpgDpE9313.jpg

I'm not a fan of Better Bones and never have been. If SKELETON does a better job at the clutter bones as well then I'll probably recommend it's removal.

Tech's Compares

Vanilla >> SMIM >> Better Bones >> SKELETON

RPyLzKPBImewFdmxdzkik2YXeKVvelne4gEtyXdOrcixnRWBwo2Vm0HBTJNnM402

wuE8wuuOVlPaNHdsHnKA7M4Di9JWcUfwVtnNE7igu96z1ghANQUK2TNnv7n1sETp

WEILyFNPJrlY73uCwd28oKWJaF4MLtdat9QJo9kbXnQrxd0RDzsAb1WpZei4sZGQ

fBwPIKC1R8duf1tom40Ou9hhzUrspjxmR3rI6jyBxsZKYLYuYeSKVCXjx2ol9cXP

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fixed your compares. You sure you have these in the right spots because vanilla is looking the best to me. Kajuan's looks blurry in this case, but I mostly love his other retextures which I need to get added to the forum for testing as I mentioned I would in the VIP Chat thread.

Yeah they are in the right order. This mod is a little less dark than vanilla. Bones should actually turn beige or yellow, not brown or black. I don't see any blur, but then again, you always see blur in stuff that I never see.

I fixed your compares. You sure you have these in the right spots because vanilla is looking the best to me. Kajuan's looks blurry in this case, but I mostly love his other retextures which I need to get added to the forum for testing as I mentioned I would in the VIP Chat thread.

I agree with this.

Yeah they are in the right order. This mod is a little less dark than vanilla. Bones should actually turn beige or yellow, not brown or black. I don't see any blur, but then again, you always see blur in stuff that I never see.

Haha! Better monitor, perhaps? I can see very fine detail on my monitor so blurred textures are rather easy to spot. I'm rather impressed with it sometimes.

Figured out what is making this look blurry. It's the small bumpy texture he added to the body. From up close it looks fantastic; however, add barely any distance and it just makes the bone look blurry.

Regardless of the outcome of this, we need to drop Better Bones. Gamwich made one for the dragon bones that we need to check out.

You need to turn the sharpness up on your monitor.  ::D:

Yeah, the Dragon Bones mod in STEP is either bad or the meshes are just awful. I think it's the meshes to be honest, so I don't think it will matter what texture we use.

You need to turn the sharpness up on your monitor.  ::D:

Yeah, the Dragon Bones mod in STEP is either bad or the meshes are just awful. I think it's the meshes to be honest, so I don't think it will matter what texture we use.

Well, I actually figured this out by watching Hodilton's compare video where you can see this actually happening. :;): ...yeah, yeah...YouTube's re-compression, but seeing the same in your shots led me to this conclusion.

Gamwich's are just a better retexture, imo. I'll have to find it and add it like I did for Kajuan's mods.

Added my compares to the OP. The real compare here is between SMIM (yes, SMIM actually provides 'fixed' vanilla textures) and SKELETON. Even Kajuan says on his mod page that the vanilla skeletons were already quite good and all he really did was change the tint a bit and add in some more detail switch is (by his words) only really visible up close:

This is a "slight" Skeleton skin's texture overhaul...

Why slight? Because they are just bones. In the distance in a vanilla comparison this skeleton edits will not be visible. There is not much you can do with some bones to make them better, staying lore, within the textures; if not to give them another bones texture or color, just for the cause or, better, more depth or details, but those last kind of work (details) has to be seen close enough. I have to say that the vanilla wasn't really that bad to me...

I can see some of the SMIM mesh fixes more than anything. In the upper leg bones it's pretty apparent like the rigging was off on the vanilla ones. Otherwise they are about the same. I'd have to go with SMIM and drop Better Bones since it looks like the skeletons were dipped in iron.