SKELETON (by Kajuan)

EssArrBee

I didn't notice much difference in the compares.  One problem with the compares though is that they are always a fraction of the size that I would actually see in the game (which would be fullscreen).  Those little details are more apparent when viewing fullscreen.

One thing I don't like about SKELETON are the nostril holes in the skull.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better Bones is in STEP? Ew why? Were you guys drunk? 

I like SKELETON the most if it is meant to be a vanilla enhancement, but yeah SMIM...

The slight movement changes are because they are actually moving (swaying in place). Hard to get precision shots from afar. After seeing these in game, I'd be fine with either SMIM or this mod, but one thing I'm positivity in agreement with Ess is that Better Bones has to go! It will be dropped regardless of the outcome of this mod's inclusion.

To get compares like these all you have to do is enter 'tcai' in the console to turn off the combat AI. Do this at the main menu before loading your saves. Then enemies will stop in place when you approach and sometimes get in a fighting stance, but never attack. If you're loading a save, they'll simply remain in place from the save. This makes it easier to take compares of enemy NPCs. I also spawned a couple of those skeletons to get more coverage.

• 3 months later...

Not to put too fine a point on it, but since when do we (collectively) pick a mod to replace vanilla because 'there wasn't anything else'? I'll be honest, I take a lot of STEP recommendations at face value, and this mod was in my lineup because I hadn't done any comparisons. Sometimes, vanilla really was better, and I am just expressing surprise that this wasn't determined at the time. *shrug*

My initial impressions weren't all that great if I remember correctly. They looked a little to smooth and yellow. Almost like fresh bones or something. After playing for a while they stood out a bit more and there were some nice scenes where the skeletons looked great. I tend to forget to play the game and look at things from a distance when I'm in testing mode.

Better Bones was pre-DY/SRB/Tech era. Just like that Deadric armor mod which I think was from the PDF days. With well over 200 mods in STEP, some stuff isn't going to be for everyone.