TechAngel85

Only two of these files are covered by BoS which seem to be the falmers included in the base game. BoS doesn't include the DLC content. This is enlightening because it means we have mismatched looking falmers in STEP. That alone makes me what to take a closer look at this since it covers all content.

What about this - what you brought up earlier?

Those are good points but we don't necessarily decide based on if all content is covered or not. For now, since everyone seems to perfer BoS, we'll just stick to it. In all honesty, it probably wouldn't be too difficult to apply the BoS textures to the other content. Would need permission to do that first.

• 2 months later...

In all honesty, it probably wouldn't be too difficult to apply the BoS textures to the other content. Would need permission to do that first.

the texture of BoS is a male falmer. Te extra content of dawnguard (not covered by BoS but yes by this mod) is a female falmer and an armour (and falmer vampire teeth). I think it would be better to install this mod and just hide the male falmer.

the texture of BoS is a male falmer. Te extra content of dawnguard (not covered by BoS but yes by this mod) is a female falmer and an armour (and falmer vampire teeth). I think it would be better to install this mod and just hide the male falmer.

You make a good point, but it's hard to fight against the crowd.

/startRant

It was made clear that everyone liked the BoS textures and they do look good, but there is inconsistency using them. Two or three votes against many outweighed those that were in favor of this mod. Personally, I have it installed and am loving it. Most of Kajuan's work is really good. Eye for detail is sometimes lacking around here, imo, but there's not much one person can do about it. This is a community project and if the community leans more one way than another then that is that.

If there was a way to bar users and even Staff who haven't looked at the mods in Testing within the actual game and played with them for a while from voting, I would be 100% for that course of action because screenshots do not always tell the whole story and from time to time (not often) some poor choices are made, imo.

/endRant

Not to reignite it, but if the BoS only covers roughly half the Falmer population, why not do as Egraf recommends? Perhaps another round of comparison is in order. Granted, the males and females would have a different look, but that is no different than as it is now, apparently. Heck, I wasn't even aware there WERE female falmer.

• 6 months later...

bump*

This is another one vs Book of Silence, that matches the vanilla style better. It also helps having the missing DLC retextures included, unavailable by BOS.

edit: The other difference between this and BOS, as mentioned, the BOS makes the Falmer look "mean" where-as this emphasis their blindness. I don't think the Falmer are ment to be looking mean.

Edited by Sixxness

After following the topic I installed FALMER by Kajuan before aMB-BoS Creatures so I'll have a bit of both. Once I see the differing textures ingame, underground & steeped in darkness, I'll post an opinion on which I favor. I like the idea of having both installed for the time being, I just need to remember to snap a few screenshots once I get sufficiently subterrean.

I would like to revisit this mod as well. I've been using it in-game and I have to say this mod just looks better. It's closer to vanilla and they look more natural to their environments over BoS. BoS adds a darker tint that just doesn't look right to me. Remember that the Falmer were once Snow Elves. The lore says the willingly took to servitude and took a poison that blinded them. Over the generations they developed into what they are now and the current Falmer is described as being "pale-skinned" or their skin "pallid". BoS skin looks like it's been out tanning compared to the other two shots in the OP.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I guess I should put up or shut up, eh? ;-)

I should learn how to do these comparison screenshots anyway. I think there is a STEP wiki page kicking around somewhere with instructions. I'll have some comparison screenshots up in the next couple days.

Yeah, I guess I should put up or shut up, eh? ;-)

I should learn how to do these comparison screenshots anyway. I think there is a STEP wiki page kicking around somewhere with instructions. I'll have some comparison screenshots up in the next couple days.

The Mod Testing Guide (out of date) should have that info. It's not hard, just time consuming.

You might read this as well. I tried to document what I did to get screenshots of the Dragon Priests. Taking screenshots of NPCs and creatures can be tricky so you'll want to use tcai to disable combat AI and perhaps tai to disable non-combat AI.