HORNCANDLES (by Kajuan)

TechAngel85

• 3 months later...

Added compares to OP. Shots with 2K version

I think these speak for themselves. They are twice the resolution of vanilla, but that is shown in the detail this mod has. Horn and metal are both better than current STEP which is Tobe's Hi-Res Textures. The glow effect from these is much better as well. I vote these for STEP:Core.

I think Horncandles are cleanier, shinier, and prettier. I'm wondering if STEP might be a bit more realistic from an illumination perspective, but I still like the clean look of Horncandles. Either way you look it, both are better than vanilla.

I think Horncandles are cleanier, shinier, and prettier. I'm wondering if STEP might be a bit more realistic from an illumination perspective, but I still like the clean look of Horncandles. Either way you look it, both are better than vanilla.

Actually, I think Horncandle is more accurate. The rim is naturally going to be darker due to use over time; whereas, the rest of the horn will stay relatively the same color. Horncandle's metal is also far better imo.

Not staff, but hey, since you ask... :)

For. The translucence is very nice, as is the metal work, as has been mentioned. I know that the goats in Skyrim don't have horns that look like this, but the cows do... maybe a mod to change the source of this decoration is in order, but then again, last time I tried to kill a cow, I got launched into the stratosphere. Stupid giant.

• 7 months later...

This one really do benefice of the biggest size. Fact is that it is not full 4k, its biggest size is 2048x4096 because the textures have a rectangular shape (not the common squared one), and so it still really light but mainly it is shown only, and just, in closed room location where the Gpu load is always much reduced than the open world and, not less, it is loaded just one time for every horncandles inside a given location.
I would easily suggest to put the 4k (that is just 10Mb instead then 20Mb as the usual 4x4) or the 4x2k (that is just 4Mb), in the pick instruction, because it is not heavy for the Gpu's and because in lower resolution it loses almost all the details while this small object, conversely, deserve its attention, as it appear everywhere (inside closed room) in Skyrim and it is impossible not to notice it.