Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch [USLEEP]

• 2 months later...

Sometime in November

Its having an extended beta test period because the team want it to be a case of uninstall old patches, install new patch, and play on with your saves without fear of upsetting anyones games.

I did a continued playthrough for a long while and had no problems, right now I have started a new game to redo everything I usually do and see if I can shake anything loose that way .. But either way in my experience so far with the beta its looking like a really good job they have done.

Edit : Ehm, seems like I did not mention the Beta testing in this topic, or if I did the post is no longer here ..

.. Beta Test version of USLEEP is now on the streets for anyone willing to participate / continue a playthrough while preserving a save point for after the beta test to go back to

https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4276-relzwipz-unofficial-skyrim-legendary-edition-patch-usleep/

Edited by alt3rn1ty

I'm curious... How many mods did you have to edit in xEdit to change the masters for? I'm not sure how many mod in STEP actually have the UPs as masters.

It will take some time for authors to make the switch and those authors that are MIA, users will have to upload ESP replacers for. I'm hoping Nexus looks the other way on this matter because according to their ToS, such things are not allowed without author permission. Man, they really need to revise their ToS for abandoned mods!

Personally I just had to edit one mod in my load order, but I seem to recall this also being mentioned here on step previously and someone counted up all the mods in the STEP procedure which needed editing .. cant put my mouse on the post just now .. but it wasn't many

Oh wait I started a new topic  :facepalm:

Here https://forum.step-project.com/topic/9091-skyrim-usleep-beta-by-unofficial-patch-project-team/?do=findComment&comment=142432

Gregs post has the list https://forum.step-project.com/topic/9091-skyrim-usleep-beta-by-unofficial-patch-project-team/?do=findComment&comment=142462

Theres also a note to STEP staff in the last post I made there reference Bring Out Your Dead .. Dont know if it was noticed.

Edited by alt3rn1ty

.. Man, they really need to revise their ToS for abandoned mods!

Abandoned mods will never change, if its nexus policy now that the authors last wishes are respected forever more thats the way it stays :

There has been a revival of a concerted effort to get the nexus Permissions changed for the better, Robin said it was going to get implemented .. When is another story .. Last thing Robin said on the subject is here ..

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1907489-question-about-the-term-regarding-modify-my-file/page-47&do=findComment&comment=24987654

( Thats in one of those Mod Author only topics, so you need to be logged in aswell as being a mod author with over 1000 downloads of a file you have uploaded - I just bumped it with an "Any Progress ?" post )

But if authors do not come back to use the new permissions, they still stay as they are.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm gathering, from recent frantic activity in testing, that this release is prompting the next version of STEP in a not to distant time? I'm tempted to make the switch, but until the STEP patches get updated, well, I'm kinda stuck.

Good thing I'm knee deep in xEdit right now!