Low FPS on Map & Outside / LOOT Loading

Raikuden

Question

Hello. I have recently completed a modded build of Skyrim using strictly STEP: Core and all the Baseline options. Being human means I am prone to mistakes, especially when installing mods for a few hours straight. Perhaps a few of you are able to shed light on some issues I am facing? I would greatly appreciate it!

I am having a low FPS while in outdoor areas. I am not getting what I think are macro-stutters, as the framerate is smooth but stays in the mid 20's. I believe my ENBoost settings are set up correctly because of this. Is this a VRAM issue? On what may be a related note World Map, as hovering around the map is very slow and sluggish. A problem I have never had on any modded build of Skyrim. I have installed S.T.E.P. as well as Skyrim Revisited on multiple occasions so I am wondering why I am having an issue now, especially on STEP: Core. My only suspect is Dynamic Distant Objects LOD, but I am having my doubts as it should not be causing such a dip in framerate. I will continue to experiment and share what I learn, but here are my computer specs:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 (4.3 Overclocked)

GPU: AMD R9 270x

8 GB of RAM

For my second problem, I am having an issue with LOOT not properly placing AOS.esp directly after ADS.esp. I am using the newest revision of LOOT v.0.8.0 so this may be the issue. I have attached an image of what my Metadata looks like. I have applied it as well as sorted my plugins, yet it does not work. (EDIT: SOLVED - Turns out, what you typed in the 'Load After' boxes will get saved despite exiting and restarting LOOT, but it does not register until you press Enter on your keyboard after inputting the proper .esp name on both the Filename and Display Name prior to clicking the checkmark/apply & sort.)

post-191-0-46170200-1437680754_thumb.png

Thank you for any support on these two issues I am facing. Troubleshooting is very difficult as it differs from individual to individual, so I appreciate any help I may get.

Edited by Raikuden

5 answers to this question

I am using the default INI's plus the INI edits from Section 1.D in STEP and no ENB preset. Just ENBoost, correct. I am not using any Z-fighting INI tweaks, currently.

EDIT: I am also using the Skyrim Flora Overhaul STEP recommended INI tweaks. I see that uninstalling this mod is recommended if VRAM is a problem. Will I find any issues doing this in relation to the STEP Patches, etc.? I'm sure I have to redo the Wrye Bash Patch and Dynamic Distant Objects LOD Patch again.

Edited by Raikuden

Thank you both for the replies.

I have a feeling that my CPU is the problem here thanks to all the loading that needs to be done outdoors, and on the map I'm assuming. I am able to get 60 FPS when in doors just fine. I am also on the latest AMD driver 15.7, but I would also like to note that I am on Windows 10. However, there were no differences in my vanilla play-throughs when compared to Windows 7. Both in which I was hitting 60 FPS on average just fine in 1080p. I supposed I don't want to admit it, but maybe my CPU is just not up to par for a modded Skyrim.

Although I have never experienced such a strange sluggish world map before. What other mods directly impact this? I believe textures mods affect it, no? Even Skyrim Revisited did not affect my world map as such. A Quality World Map is not the problem here. I have yet to see about disabling DynDOLOD. I will report back when I am able to play.