Photo

Dyndolod install problem

Best Answer Greg , 24 July 2015 - 06:53 PM

That step of the instructions confused me as well. I think the intent is move all these into into STEP LOD Textures folder in your mods folder.

Instead of doing it this way, I highlighting all three folders (meshes, sksse, textures) in the TES5LODGenOutput folder, right click, and Send To/Archive (zipped) file and named it TES5LODGen.zip. I then went into Mod Organizer, clicked Add Mod, and selected TES5LODGen. This just installs it as a new mod named TES5LODGen.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 viper37

viper37

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:13 PM

Hi,

Got a small problem.  I'm doing something wrong, not sure what.

I followed all of the STEP guide, as I did last year, but i can't get my game to work.  I got it working once, but I had an error message.  I changed something, it seemed to work, before I added some other mods, since then I've deleted some, added some more, redid the last section of the guide (2.N).

If I remove the Dyndolod mods and stop at "Fores New Idles in Skyrim", it works fine, I can start a new game.
If I try next to follow the instructions for Dyndolod, my game will start loading (a New game) but it will get stuck in the black loading screen forever.

I think I am getting confused with the last steps, the second time I run TES5Edit.

Right there: "Copy the output folder to the mods folder inside Mod Organizer. Make sure that nothing overwrites this mod in MO.".

Let's say my output folder is C:\TES5LODGenOutput\ and my mod folder is D:\Program...\Steam\...\Skyrim Mods.

Am I to copy TES5LODGenOutput in Skyrim Mods so that I now have a folder ...\Skyrim Mods\TES5LODGenOutput EDIT: Not working.

Or I get the individual directory of the output folder directly in ...\Skyrim mods (meshes, textures, etc.) ?
Or somewhere else like STEP LOD Textures created when I installed the archive in the first part of the instructions?  EDIT: Not working.

EDIT:
I started from a fresh, clean install of Skyrim and re-did all of the current STEP Guide procedures.

First part of loadorder.txt, STEP Extended mods

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.

The last part of my loadorder.txt: (supplemental mods and STEP extended patches)

Edited by Greg, 24 July 2015 - 06:56 PM.

#2 Greg

Greg

Dragon Prince

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:53 PM   Best Answer

That step of the instructions confused me as well. I think the intent is move all these into into STEP LOD Textures folder in your mods folder.

Instead of doing it this way, I highlighting all three folders (meshes, sksse, textures) in the TES5LODGenOutput folder, right click, and Send To/Archive (zipped) file and named it TES5LODGen.zip. I then went into Mod Organizer, clicked Add Mod, and selected TES5LODGen. This just installs it as a new mod named TES5LODGen.

#3 viper37

viper37

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:14 PM

ok, I'll try that, thank you very much :)

#4 viper37

viper37

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 05:42 PM

dammit!  It's alive!  I mean, it's working!!!  ::):

Finally!

May I suggest that whoever is able to edit the wiki makes a small change to clarify things like you did on that section?

Thank you very much Greg.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users