Hoping someone can help. I had to reinstall FO3, and copied over my MO profile. I can run FOSE_Loader directly, or from the modified FalloutLauncher executable (from the command prompt). However, running FOSE from MO creates a loop where it goes to the FalloutLauncher instead of running FOSE directly. The MO executable for Fose is correct steam\steamapps\common\Fallout3 goty\fose_loader.exe, but running this within MO calls the modified FalloutLauncher (command prompt menu) instead, where it will continue to loop. Anyone seen this?
Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:14 PM
You mention copying the old profile (I assume this means the profile folder). Did you also copy the ModOrganizer.ini file or did you manually rebuild it by adding the executables you use? Did you run the game once from the launcher in the Fallout 3 GOTY folder (not through MO) so the registry keys get reset properly?
Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:36 PM
Hi Kelmych - Yes, I did copy the Modorganizer.ini file over as well. I ran the game once via the launcher, and was able to run successfully. I can also run it successfully via the FOSE_Loader in the GOTY folder. When I run FOSE from MO, it pulls up the command prompt for the FalloutLauncher selection (Fallout 3, FOSE or MOD Organizer), instead of launching fose directly.
Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:47 PM
That sounds like the FalloutLauncher Replacer for Steam mod is used but Steam isn't configured properly. If this is the problem redo the configuration described for this mod. It's likely the Steam part of the configuration is not pointing at the correct place; I expect after reinstalling Fallout 3 this configuration needs to be redone.
Posted 25 July 2015 - 01:05 PM
Steam Launcher is set to --start mo
Selecting Play from Steam, it launches MO
I select "FOSE" from the MO executables
It brings up the command prompt with the FalloutLauncher 1.2 menu again.
The FOSE executable was set by MO to: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 3 goty\fose_loader.exe
Should there be an argument listed there, or am I missing something in your steps?
Posted 25 July 2015 - 01:44 PM
If you are using the Fallout Launcher mod, when you reinstalled FO3 you also reinstalled the FalloutLauncher mod, right? Installing it involves renaming the original FalloutLauncher and then copying the mod's FalloutLauncher.exe to the Fallout 3 GOTY folder.
If there are still problems you should go through the configuration again in Steam so it is set properly.
Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:37 PM
I just ran through the entire configuration again. Works up until I copy the Mods and Profiles directories into the new Mod Organizer install. Not sure what it could be in those that is causing the problem. I'm attempting to just reuse my known good config from MO from the prior install
Posted 25 July 2015 - 03:35 PM
So, after troubleshooting, what I found was that the profiles had "Have MO manage archives" unchecked after the copy. I believe these were checked, previously . After checking this and the default .bsa's, it worked fine. I have no idea why this setting would be causing the issue I had previously, but it has seemed to resolve it.
Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:17 PM
If Fallout - Invalidation.bsa was out of order it would cause problems. I'm not sure what problems occur if the BSAs are loaded based on plugin order (which happens if MO is managing the archives). Which version of MO are you using?
Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:25 PM
Kelmych - Let me say first, I appreciate your support and putting this together. I know it's a ton of work and appreciate the time.
I'm using MO v1.3.8. As long as I check the Have MO manage archives, it's working..but I believe you say we should have it turned off in your guide. Currently I have them all checked and it avoids that looping problem with the FalloutLauncher modification.
Posted 26 July 2015 - 06:04 PM
MO should be set to manage archives, the default behavior, rather than having the BSAs be loaded by plugin order. There has been a problem in Skyrim with the Unofficial Skyrim Patches and part of one solution has been to uncheck this option, but when the new version of USP (called USLEEP) is out this will no longer be needed.
The only reason I asked about MO version is that 1.2.x has problems with unextracted BSAs while the new 1.3.8 has a lot less problems with this.
Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:19 AM
This started happening to me today after upgrading my graphics card. It was working fine prior to that. Very peculiar.
I'll have to check if my BSA management or ArchiveInvalidation have somehow unchecked themselves since yesterday.
Nope: all those were still set as expected.
Edited by 13thGeneral, 03 November 2015 - 10:59 PM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users