STEP Recommended MCM Settings

EssArrBee

We should actually use FISS for Timing is Everything. Would make it much easier than listing a bunch of recommended settings. I bet Kryp would even let us put it in her optional files or just load it in the STEP Compilation or put it in the STEP optional files.

Agree. Would be nice if more of these mods supported FISS.

This is the first time I used FISS and it is incredibly easy. All I had to was click Load Preset in Timing is Everything, click a box to begin loading the settings, and then click a box that indicated loading was complete.

It's not particularly hard to implement, certainly no more so than creating an MCM.  However, I feel like there isn't a great deal of documentation on it, and the first time I added FISS support, it did take me awhile to figure everything out. 

Once you have it figured out, it's relatively simple.  Even so, I think I only have it on a few of my mods.  It's just another thing that takes some time to do, and it generally ends up as lower priority than adding new game play features.  I'm slowly trying to get it added to all my mods as I update (the new Disparity update includes fairly extensive use of FISS). 

• +1 2

We should actually use FISS for Timing is Everything. Would make it much easier than listing a bunch of recommended settings. I bet Kryp would even let us put it in her optional files or just load it in the STEP Compilation or put it in the STEP optional files. 

Yes, I'd be happy to upload a STEP preset to my mod page, or you can add it to the STEP page. 

I think it might be easier to add it to the STEP page, since that would make it slightly easier for STEP to update the settings in the future (should that become necessary for whatever reason).  However, that's up to you guys; I'm fine with either option.

• +1 1

Thanks to the gracious help from Kryptopyr, I completed the Dragonborn Starts After section and I really like the Timing Unknown option because it gives the Dragonborn quest a feel of randomness so the player doesn't know when the Dragonborn quest will begin.

"Timing Unknown" sets the quest selection randomly to a value between 2 and 8.  It won't cause the Dragonborn quest to start earlier than it would have in the vanilla game, but it simply chooses a point sometime after the greybeards quest to trigger the beginning of the Dragonborn quest.  This allows the exact timing to remain unknown to the player.  However, there is a specific quest selected, it just happens behind the scenes and remains hidden from the player.  The other criteria for this quest still have to be met in addition to the quest selection.

We can add stuff to the form? How did I not know this. I thought only Z and s4n could do that. 

Admins only (including DY, SRB, & Tech). Although, I would not edit any Semantic pages relating to the project, as this could break things currently in place. This will be facilitated once we have a dev wiki finalized.

For now, I would rather not modify core forms/templates and simply agree upon a consistent method for MCM options. Not sure how s4n feels about it though, but I would rather he be in total agreement prior to such an addition. Reason being that it adds more complexity and may not be worth the effort if we are implementing the paradigm shift soon enough.

Form and corresponding template would both need to be changed/tested to get it all working (not to mention the Data Dictionary update for reference).

I've messaged all the authors on Nexus where I could or posted a general enquiry on the posts page where I couldn't and also messaged the few authors that are here all the time, e.g. Neo & krptopyr.

Now I've just got to see how difficult adding in the support is!