NARC - No Animals Report Crimes (by Pharros)

EssArrBee

Discussion thread:
NARC - No Animals Report Crimes by Pharros
Wiki Link

Dropped in v3.0.

Description:

Bethesda for some reason never flagged animals and such to ignore crimes. Welp, now they will. No longer will a wild goat tell the guards what you've done. No longer will horses snitch. No longer will dragons report to the guards because you murdered someone/something they were planning to murder. :D

USKP incorporated some of what this mod does, but I think it's still a great idea for a mod that should be in STEP. It disallows many creatures from reporting crimes, such as Slaughterfish or Hagravens.

Here's a list with the USKP inclusions in Yellow taken from the mod page:

Skyrim:
Creature[/size]

Draugr[/size]
Falmer[/size]
Spider[/size]
Daedra[/size]
Skeleton[/size]
Predator[/size]
Prey[/size]
Dragon[/size]
Skeever[/size]
Chaurus[/size]
Hagraven[/size]
Spriggan[/size]
Wisp[/size]
Wolf[/size]
Slaughterfish[/size]
Werewolf[/size]
Dog[/size]
Dremora[/size]
Dwarven Automaton[/size]
Giant[/size]
Mammoth[/size]
Goat[/size]
Horker[/size]
Ice Wraith[/size]
Troll[/size]
Sabre Cat[/size]
Flame Atronach[/size]
Frost Atronach[/size]
Storm Atronach[/size]
Farm Animals
Player Horses
Frost (Unique Horse)
Arvak (Unique Horse)
Shadowmere (Unique Horse)

Forsworn[/size]
Ghosts[/size]
Subjugated Ghosts[/size]
Pet animals[/size]
Deer[/size]
Housecarl[/size]
Hare[/size]
Thrall[/size]
Chicken
Spouse (true loyalty)[/size]
Bear[/size]
Dragon Priest[/size]

Dawnguard:
Gargoyle[/size]
Gargoyle Brute[/size]
Gargoyle Sentinel[/size]
Skeleton[/size]
Draugr[/size]
Hireable Dog[/size]

Dragonborn:
Ash Spawn [/size]
Ash Guardian[/size]
Explosive Spider[/size]
Tamed Dragon[/size]
Netch[/size]
Riekling[/size]
Dremora Merchant[/size]
Werebear[/size]
Seeker[/size]
Wyrm[/size]

I didn't realize that ghosts cared about you stealing their food.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said this in a Staff topic and I'll say it here... WTF Bethesda!? Animals reporting crimes makes no local sense. Not even in the Skyrim world where the dragons talk in their own language, but the animals...The birds chirp, the dogs bark, the cows moo, the mudcrabs, well...mudcrab. You don't see the chickens saying, "hey! I don't know if anyone cares, but this guy over here is stealing the potatoes!" I'll be adding this as soon as I get home!

I know. It makes less sense than animals having gold coins on them. Obviously an animal like wolf is not carrying that in a sack or pocket... Maybe it ate them and you pull them out of it's as$?

This is why I like Harvest Overhaul. It removes money from animals while making harvesting more realistic. Only issue is it makes alchemy extremely easy to level up.

This is why I like Harvest Overhaul. It removes money from animals while making harvesting more realistic. Only issue is it makes alchemy extremely easy to level up.

Yep - and that's why I use that mod.  ;)  I guess I don't typically use alchemy much in my playthroughs anyway, because I don't really like the way drinking potions seems to work during combat.  Certain potions you can go into a menu and select that you want to drink it a second before a killing blow comes down and all of the sudden have full health upon exiting the menu.  I just don't like the way it's implemented because in some ways it feels like cheating during a fight.  I'm sure there are mods for that too though... :)

Yep - and that's why I use that mod.  ;)  I guess I don't typically use alchemy much in my playthroughs anyway, because I don't really like the way drinking potions seems to work during combat.  Certain potions you can go into a menu and select that you want to drink it a second before a killing blow comes down and all of the sudden have full health upon exiting the menu.  I just don't like the way it's implemented because in some ways it feels like cheating during a fight.  I'm sure there are mods for that too though... :)

There is a mod, Dynamic Potions, or so, cant lookt it up, at work right now. Lets you set pretty much everything regarding strength and how Long it takes for the potion to heal you up.

I really like potions in RPGs but i dislike the instant effect. It should take like 5-10 seconds until a healing potion solved your Problems like bleeding from a cut or having broken arm whatever.

So you will still benefit from healing of that potion, but cheating the coming death blow from that Draugr Deathlord is gone. It makes the game a lot more strategical, cause you really Need to retreat if you want to survive even with potions.

The MCM menu has plenty of Options for you to Play around with... i think ist in my LO for a New Game, but the testing went pretty well.

Maybe you can take a look at that.

B2T:

Does this mod Need a lot of comp. patches? Seems so since it should be interfering directly with certain NPCs datas?

B2T:

Does this mod Need a lot of comp. patches? Seems so since it should be interfering directly with certain NPCs datas?

I was under the impression that it altered faction records, not NPC records.  The author has written patches for the following:

Animal Tweaks

Deadly Dragons

Falskaar

Master of Disguise

Requiem

SkyTEST

It is compatible out of the box with the following:

Skyrim Immersive Creatures

Immersive Horses

Convenient Horses

One With Nature

Path of Shadows

Animallica

Unique Dogs (load after)

SIS - Stealth and Immersion Set (never heard of this one; load before)

That Bethesda QA!:

"Yep, we spotted this on a chicken, but let's not look at any other creature. Just ship it!"

By the way, the author should make it so Barbas can report crimes. I'm guessing he can't right?

What would an immortal pet of a daedra care about crime? I think if anything he'd like it.