NARC - No Animals Report Crimes (by Pharros)

EssArrBee

What would an immortal pet of a daedra care about crime? I think if anything he'd like it.

The author seems to be leaning towards yes, but has no idea really. He is mischievous and can talk, why not?

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a patcher for it even though its very rudimentary because all it does is take the final edit and apply the flag changes. Eventually when I get time, I could look into implementing something that is recursive or traverse through the children/related factions.

• 6 months later...

Does this mod actually do anything besides prevent dogs from reporting crimes? To quote Arthmoor:

​

​"Yes, the author of NARC offered it to us, we discussed it, and decided only the farm animal and player horse factions were actual bugs. We had already fixed chickens before. Dogs we left alone because IMO that seems logical for dogs to trigger crime warnings.

The rest of the long list of factions he's got there are almost certainly incapable of reporting crimes. Certainly no reliable reports I've seen can be traced back to those." (Arthmoor) Source: https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/3636-mods-made-obsolete-by-unofficial-patches/page-10&do=findComment&comment=156355

​

​Skimming through the Nexus comments, the author admits that some of the edits are there "just in case".

"The reason I made the changes to the dungeon types of enemies such as draugr was "just in case". Obviously, the draugr can't leave the caves and dungeons they lie in." (Pharros) Source: Nexus comments

The only incidents I can see reported in the Nexus comments are about farm animals and horses, both of which are fixed by USLEEP. ​There are other subjective changes but I'm uncertain I agree with them, if these factions are even capable of reporting crimes:

​

• Thieves Guild members should notice theft because if they're catching you stealing something you're probably stealing it *from them*. They don't exactly follow you around the town. How often are they in a position to notice theft? It makes sense that Brynjolf would report you for theft in the marketplace before you join, as you're not a member, don't have their protection, and reporting you makes him look more trustworthy.

• How many bandits are actually placed near owned items? I don't recall any off-hand. I don't remember them reporting me for turning into a werewolf, either.

• I disagree that spouses and housecarls should ignore all crimes. It seems doubtful that housecarls and spouses would be perfectly happy finding out that they serve/are married to a vampire, murderer, or werewolf (except for the companions, who already ignore it).

Edited by Harpalus

Clearly you guys have never seen an episode of Skippy!  ::P:

What's that Skip? Someone just committed a double homicide with a rubber duck? Crikey! 

Well I know what this is, and it's nearly impossible for me to get any further away from you Grant. Damn NA folk living under their uncultured rocks!  ::P:

Edited by Guest

• 2 months later...

I was wondering how well this will still work with just vanilla, as it says its need  Dawnguard DLC
Dragonborn DLC on the mod page but not here.

MO also says the DLC are needed to run.

I ask as it listed as a core and lined with green. Sadly this is not the only mod I have found that is labeled Base ok and is not listed via author  as so.

thanks

STEP requires all DLC to fully install the guide. I've updated the guide to reflect this mod's requirements.

If you want your free copy of Skyrim Special Edition on October 28th from Bethesda and Steam, then you need to go ahead and purchase the DLCs before that time. Most mod authors are switching to support only the legendary version of the game (all DLCs).

To answer your question, no. This mod will not work without the DLCs because they are masters to the mod. You will get a CTD if you attempt to use it without the DLCs.

Thanks for the info, Sadly at this time I can't get the DLC at this time, So will have to figure how to do Step without them.

Then also the patches have not Vanilla for them, is there are commended options?

There are no patches for people without DLC from STEP. You will have to use the patches provided by the mods.

• 6 months later...