XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended (by Groovtama)

EssArrBee

I've had less issues with XPMSE installed than I did with XPMS.  Many of the animations which just didn't quite "work" with XP32 now do for me and my choice to use HDT in conjunction with Rustic Clothing now means the tavern wenches breasts no longer threaten to fall out of their tops.  Other HDT glitch issues have all but totally disappeared with XPMSE, too.

This is outside the mandate of STEP to be sure.  However, I suspect I'm not the only fan of the STEP's team work that uses STEP as a means of creating a stable platform with which further "eye-candy/playability" personal choices in modding can be safely attempted.  In my experience, XPMSE has helped tremendously.  While I have no desire to see HDT with armors, I do find it really helps with immersion seeing a little bit of bounce in gals with dresses dancing to my Become a Bard performances in the various inns and taverns.

This is something that we often evaluate mods on..."beyond STEP" compatibility and those that reason you've stated did come up in our discussion. The main reason this hasn't been completely evaluated yet is because this is one of those mods that you have to simply play the game with for a while. Time is short for most of us. I haven't opened Skyrim for playing in at least a month or two. It's mainly been for testing. I'll be sure to add this to my personal playlist to test it.

I'm still in the "lucky" noobie space - I've only had Skyrim for less than a year, and modding since April or May.  Each mod I install goes through a period of testing from between one to three hours of game play - BEFORE I make a save to come back to which indicates I've committed to keeping said mod in my LO.

The S.T.E.P. crew ROCKS.  I love how you resist a fundamentalist approach to the Mandate as well.

It's all about creating the most enjoyable experience with the equipment you've got, and this is THE PLACE where a dedicated Skyrim modder can find answers to those inevitable questions that are going to arise along the way.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised in testing XPMSE.  

BTW - I was gifted Dawnguard today via the Steam sale.  Hooray!  Now I have all the DLCs.  I'm going to be completely redoing my MO install this week (I'm several updates behind with MO now) and will be going for V.2.2.9.2 extended officially!!  My internet connection remains stable here so expect to see some questions appearing from me on this site as I reassemble a LO for my next playthrough.

• +1 1

The original mod is not outside of the scope of STEP and the newest version is not outside of it either. We should think of moving to this version more as an update than anything else.

There are three things we could do right now for the next release.

1. Accept this mod (I don't see how it would cause issues with anything in STEP. My statement above is just because that's the proper testing of this mod.)
  2. Accept Draugrs
  3. Accept Deathbell HD (I had this installed almost since it's release, but just forgot about it.)
  4. Drop CQLA (It's not needed with BSW.)

EDIT:

Four things...been a long night.

There are three things we could do right now for the next release.

1. Accept this mod (I don't see how it would cause issues with anything in STEP. My statement above is just because that's the proper testing of this mod.)
  2. Accept Draugrs
  3. Accept Deathbell HD (I had this installed almost since it's release, but just forgot about it.)
  4. Drop CQLA (It's not need with BSW.)

EDIT:

Four things...been a long night.

Reminds me of the Monty Python sketch about the Spanish Inquisition

Michael Palin's character, Ximinez, has these lines:

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.

Just because those two magic words:P

Recently watched The Adventures of Baron Munchausen with my father last week on TV, haven't seen that flick since I was a kid and I don't rarely watch TV anymore, so that was great :)

Ok back to topic at hand, I was going to try this one out but opted for the safe card and installed the old XP32 instead. Will havea go and see how it functions on my end.

Oh and just a heads up for anyone out there, if you are having those damn application errors, and fix it for the game but not the CK and you figure I will just un-install that tool and re-install it. DO NOT DO THAT! I did that five minutes a go and it removed my entire Skyrim folder, wtf!!!

Edited by JawZ

Is it sad that all of us seemed to get the Spanish Inquisition vibe from Tech's post? Yes? Good. I'm obviously in with a good crowd. :)

I've read this topic, and I'm honestly not sure what this one buys us over the original. Not against this, just not sure what it really does that XPMS doesn't, especially with regards to HDT and physics that aren't used by STEP.

I've read this topic, and I'm honestly not sure what this one buys us over the original. Not against this, just not sure what it really does that XPMS doesn't, especially with regards to HDT and physics that aren't used by STEP.

The second sticky post on the nexus forums offers a comparison (of which i only understood a third) of both mods.

Aside from HDT (which i don't use), i think this mod offers the additional benefit of several draw- and sheathe animations to be changed in game via MCM, change and randomize weapon positions on NPCs and also the ability to customize weapons and quiver positions for your avatar (via console "showracemenu"). So for me this is a huge difference while using "only" STEP-Extended animations.

• +1 1

From the first install window.

With version 3.3 of XPMSE3 major changes have been made to skeleton and its features.
Changes:
- XPMSE now has an MCM Menu.
- XPMSE needs FNIS 6.0.
- XPMSE differs now animations depending on the weapons you have equipped, single wield, dual wield, single and shield.
- XPMSE doesn't need quiver and magic animations as repalcers for the different styles.

So as far as I can tell, haven't run it in-game yet, you can switch the animation options inside of the MCM Menu instead of in the fomod install option, or something like that.

Different animations based on equipped weapons, now that is interesting, as it was one or the other before.

Not really sure what the quiver and magic animation feature brings to game, not yet anyway.

• +1 1

From the first install window.

So as far as I can tell, haven't run it in-game yet, you can switch the animation options inside of the MCM Menu instead of in the fomod install option, or something like that.

Different animations based on equipped weapons, now that is interesting, as it was one or the other before.

Not really sure what the quiver and magic animation feature brings to game, not yet anyway.

Magic... nothing worthwhile (nipple magic... yep). Quiver is hip quiver vs back quivers.