XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended (by Groovtama)

EssArrBee

Fast replies thx :lol:

So the one mod that could conflict is the Better Vampire with its own skeleton.nif, but I read that XPMSE integrates those changes.

Just need to put it below BV to erase it with the one from XPMSE, right?

• 2 weeks later...

STEP is currently using XP32 Maximum Skeleton that does not support the swords on back version. XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended is currently in testing as a possible replacement for use in future guides.

You can safely install XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended with the swords on back selection in place of XP32 Maximum Skeleton. I think you'll need to select the swords on back option in Dual Sheath Redux as well.

These are the options I select when I install XMPSE. Also note that selecting None for the animation options on the fifth page installs the default XPMSE animations instead of the Archery Gamplay Overhaul or Pretty Combat Animations optional animations.

Skeleton Rig Map: Skeleton Rig Map (HDT)

Character Creation Menus: XPMSE3 Plugin (checked by default) and nothing else

Style Randomizer: None

Base Animations: Alternate Animates and Default Animation Reset

Magic Stuff Options: None

Belt-Fastened Quivers Animation: None

Dagger on Hip Animations: None

Dagger on Back Animations: None

Dagger on Back Dual Animations: None

Sword on Hip Dual Animations: None

Sword on Back Single Animations: None

Sword on Back Dual Animations: None

Extended Monster Skeletons: Check everything

First Person Skeletons: None

First Person Animations (Bugged): None

Mounted Combat Animations (Bugged): None

These are the options I select when I install XMPSE. Also note that selecting None for the animation options on the fifth page installs the default XPMSE animations instead of the Archery Gamplay Overhaul or Pretty Combat Animations optional animations.

Skeleton Rig Map: Skeleton Rig Map (HDT)

Character Creation Menus: XPMSE3 Plugin (checked by default) and nothing else

Style Randomizer: None

Base Animations: Alternate Animates and Default Animation Reset

Magic Stuff Options: None

Belt-Fastened Quivers Animation: None

Dagger on Hip Animations: None

Dagger on Back Animations: None

Dagger on Back Dual Animations: None

Sword on Hip Dual Animations: None

Sword on Back Single Animations: None

Sword on Back Dual Animations: None

Extended Monster Skeletons: Check everything

First Person Skeletons: None

First Person Animations (Bugged): None

Mounted Combat Animations (Bugged): None

I'm trying this out as it seems like a much better option than the original. May I just ask is there a reason to use the Skeleton Rig Map (HDT) instead of none option? I ask as I'm a complete noob when it comes to animation/skeleton mods and I'm not using any other mods (I believe) that would require HDT.

Just to clarify: "This is the recommended option for "HDT Physics Extension" and "HDT Soft Mesh Physics" and disabled Body Physics." - This is the description and I'm understanding it as disabled Body Physics means Vanilla? Or am I completely wrong and should choose the "NONE" option?

Thanks in advance for any help.

The description might not be as clear as it could be, but Skeleton Rig Map (HDT) is the latest skeleton that supports the optional HDT Physics Extension and HDT Soft Mesh Physics extension, but it does not require either.

The None option installs an older skeleton rig map from XMPSE 1.9 that is provided for backwards compatibility if you want to install and use older animations that require the older rig map but it's not recommended. If you read the description of the None option closely (emphasis mine):

Contains skeleton.hkx and skeleton_female.hkx which are required in order to make animations play properly.

This is for "Breast and Butt Physics" (BBP) and "Tender Breast and Butt Physics" (TBBP) with "Character Behaviour Enhanced" and the old XPMS Skeleton Rig.

WARNING: THESE ARE THE FILES FROM XPMS 1.9X, DO NOT USE THIS OPTION!!! THIS IS ONLY A FALLBACK IF YOU HAVE ANIMATIONS THAT NEED THE SETUP FROM 1.9X, THESE FILES ARE NOT HDT PHYSICS EXTENSION COMPATIBLE!!!

If you go back to Page 3 of this topic, Groovtama explains this a bit.

Excellent, then my assumption was correct and the Skeleton Rig Map (HDT) will be the correct choice for me. Having read the previous posts you suggested it seems a lot clearer now. Maybe someone could post an ideal choice set-up for S.T.E.P. testing in case others are confused or like me were a little slow on the uptake. Not trying to cause trouble, just trying to be helpful. :D

Thanks for the response Greg, much appreciated!

Helpful suggestions are always welcome. Speaking of which...

Recommended Options for Testing

If the option is not listed below, install the default selection.

Skeleton Rip Map - None

I just noticed the original post suggests installing selecting None for the Skeleton Rig Map option. I recommend changing this to Skeleton Rig Map (HDT) since the None option installs a much older skeleton rig map that might introduce compatibility issues.