fist thru face&some feedback

So I just finished installing (over the course of almost a week, damn that was alot) F&LNV, and I just wanted to say thanks and ask about a small issue or two.

Granted, I left out some of the sillier and/or lore-breaking things like modern weapons and stupid-complicated power armor (I thought these guides were supposed to be for something like vanilla++, no? Maybe move that stuff to a separate page?). It went fairly smoothly overall. You need to add in the FCO eyeball fix to get rid of the freaky alien double-pupil eyes. ( NOT the child eye fix. I've only found it here: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/4727-fear-and-loathing-in-new-vegas-feedback/page-136?do=findComment&comment=114568 Don't merge it, and put it after Redesigned)

I've not played far yet, so the only issues I've got are clipping. Hairdos in the character creator don't quite seem to fit sometimes, especially along the sides and neck (and the back of the neck is a little weird, too, like off-colored). And how do I stop my guy from putting his fist through his own face? When you block unarmed in 1st person your arm clips into the camera. I was planning on trying an unarmed/melee guy for once so it's a problem.

Again, much obliged

edit: Oh and beards are broken. They're like see-thru sometimes.

Edited by thebigJ_A

Are you running an ENB?

Nope. Sorry I forgot to mention that. I'm not partial to dof (it's not how eyeballs work) and ENBs tend to be heavy on the effects. A light touch with Reshade/SweetFX is usually all I need (AA, maybe some sharpening and color correction if needed that sort of thing), though I havent added those to me Fallout setup yet.

Edited by thebigJ_A

Are you running ENBoost?

As for the lack of necklaces, did you install the JIP NVSE plugin? 

Nope, no enboost, either.

The necklaces are working. A few of them just didn't load right away. Some of the (male) Powder Gangers are wearing womens' necklaces, though. It's a bit silly.

The beards and the clipping are what are bothering me most atm.

Edited by thebigJ_A

I'm fairly sure that necklace mod in the guide needs the JIP NVSE plugin...

Which I have.

You misunderstood me. The "either" was referring to ENB you'd asked just previously. 

I've got all the bits that are mechanically required to make this stuff work.

Edited by thebigJ_A

Alright. How about that FNVLodGen, does it actually do anything?

I cant see a difference. It almost seems like there's less in the distance, and not a single tree (which are apparently treated as objects). The LOD flickering *is* really bad, but that might just be me noticing it more because I'm looking for it.

Did I mentionm the pip-boy clips inmto your arm? And this is with a *male* character.

Edited by thebigJ_A

Q: THE PIPBOY IS CLIPPING WITH THE FOREARM

A: I will not be fixing this issue. There is no solution to the clipping without shrinking the arm. If the arm is shrunk, then the other arm must be shrunk. Then if both arms are shrunk, body proportions will change and may alter the overall aesthetic of the body, etcetera etcetera. If the clipping bugs you, use the READIUS PIPBOY mod. It's good.

From the Roberts Male Body Nexus page

Edited by MonoAccipiter

Thanks!

Ill not be using the "readius", as it's *not* good. Tablets in the Fallout timeline, forsooth! And I'm not too sure about the authors attitude. "I made the arm wrong but I won't fix it for AESTHETIC reasons. Yeah, that's the ticket!" Just admit you don't feel like it, fella. I'd respect it more. :/

But it's good to know it's not from any mistake I made. Much obliged.

I believe he means to say that the body will look weird if he started shrinking body parts at random. I for one see the value of the aesthetic argument.

If you're not too fond of the Readius mod, which frankly, I'm not either; you can opt for the Pip-Boy 2500 which Gopher uses. Lore wise, that's a solid choice as it was (AFAIK) the Pip-Boy model used in the original Fallout games. It should produce the same result as the Readius, leading to no arm-clipping. 

• +1 1