Real Skyrim Snowflakes - Vivid Snow (by Mangaclub - Hishutup - Kesta)

Mangaclub

What is this Manga like an emitter that follows you around? For the interior snow, does that detect a trigger which dissolves it or pushes it away? I'm always curious about these thangs is all. I'm probably wrong, but I like to have a guess.  ::):

If it's an emitter you can adjust the gravity. I watched the video and it looks like when you go under cover a script runs to move the emitters back around you in a radius. It's not perfect at the moment as it pops in and slightly clips, but it is WIP of course! Nice idea though if I am right!

Noone will take away Myyyy Tea and Cookies!

So, for a small explaination.

There is a script that emitts several hundret emitters around the player (nif file). This nif file contains a physical body with all important gravity and fraction values that reacts with the world and contains a particle system emitter (with falling snowflakes thats bound to a small area) thats connected to the physical body and get dragged along with it. As the emitter falls the particle system will fall too. Then the script deletes each emitter after a certain time.

Due to the nature of particle systems, they lag a little bit behind the emitter (cus they are unbound from the emitter as soon they got spawned), so at the end, if one wants to change the speed of the snowfall he must change it in the nif file itself and in the mcm menu to reduce the lifetime. Thats the limitation at the moment and i think there wont be any change of that behaviour cus i doubt it will be wise to let a script attach hundrets or thousands of translation and collision instances to objects - not for the CPU nor the savegame ;)

Kesta recodes the script for this cus we got inspired by the dynamic rain mod there. The things that can get changed at the moment are mostly emitter script releated. (area of emitting, ammount, randomness, lifetime)

The falling speed depends of the gravity, that's something to adjust in the nif. If Manga provide different variations of meshes, each linked to different objets in the CK, the script can choose which one to spawn depending on the weather (or even user preferences).

Edited by Kesta

Looking good? No. This is looking amazing! We have some really great authors coming in and fixing things in Skyrim. Bethesda is going to have some big shoes to fill with the next Elder Scrolls game! Hopefully they won't rely completely on the modders to fix everything...but that's probably a dream.

I've been holding off on installing Real Shelters since I've been following this development.  The idea of a particle rain system along the same lines makes me salivate.

I've been using Vivid Snow since v 1.0 and there's no turning back for me now.  Updating has been seamless.

Is this the genuflect area?  "I'm not worthy...." 

About realshelter : once particles snow/rain are a real thing (and don't beat your performances to pulp ^^), the visual feature from realshelter should be osbolete. However the shelter detection for frostfall won't be covered if this is implemented as I think it is. (And it's probably the case...)

Edited by Kesta

Should of just said I was correct instead of writing that paragraph. ::D:  Basically how 'Get Wet' worked/works. I'm surprised noone has thought about this until recently actually. Reminded me of waiting a year for someone to figure out Skyfalls (yeah we know Dyn does it better now). I was actually waiting to pat the person on the back because I don't like hogging everything. And now I sound like a ****** calling everyone slow. Well I'm like a monkey at scripting so we are even!  :;): I couldn't even script this if I wanted to.

Edit: Can't believe that D word is censored. It's so swear light it's a diet drink.

Edited by Guest