Books have no writing

Thick8

Question

• Answers 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Sorry but a lot of what you say doesn't make sense and your grammar doesn't really help understanding you.

So "Yes" I am using MO.

In this thread you say you are using Wrye Bash as your mod manager. So what are you using MO for then?

Could I use SRO as a replaement for the STEP Vanilla textures MOD or am I mis-understanding what this STEP MOD does?

Are you referring to STEP Optimized Vanilla Textures? This just optimizes the vanilla textures, it doesn't replace any.

Following the STEP:extended HQ install to the letter. Nothing added nothing removed. TO THE LETTER. How many time do I have to say this. The install says install and use MO...

You're obviously not. No Bashed Patch and you're asking about deleting files that should be hidden in another thread. If you'd followed it to the letter you wouldn't have any issues unless they're on you're personal system. I have a STEP:Extended install "to the letter" with no issues whatsoever...as do many many others. As well as you're saying your using WB as your mod manager in another thread. So either give it to us straight or you will not receive any valuable help.

I am using MO as my mod manager. I am using WB to create the Bash Patch. I never stated that I am using WB as the manager. The directions only state to remove the files from certain mods if using WB. I assumed that meant that I should delete them if I am using WB during any part of the STEP process.

BTW: My grammar is fine. You can ask the principal (whom was an english teacher for 22 years) at the high school where I am employed as an educator.

I have not yet Bash patched in this (my 5th) install of the STEP:extended process. I want to make sure everything is in order before I do so.

Edited by Thick8

So, you didn't understand this from the Guide?

There are several utilities that may be used to manage the STEP setup; however, the STEP Guide now officially supports only Mod Organizer to simplify guide maintenance/support for staff and mod management for users. Although Wrye Bash is a mod manager, STEP recommends that it only be used as a helper application to Mod Organizer exclusively for the functionality of the Bashed Patch. The reason for the limited support of Wrye Bash is due to simplicity of this guide. Users who wish to use Wrye Bash can easily use that mod manager to install and maintain STEP. Wrye Bash users can use the Wrye Bash Guide for detailed instructions on setting up that exceedingly excellent modding utility package.

Where are you seeing that is says WB users should delete the files rather than hide them? I'll take care of that immediately.

The only time you use WB during the STEP installation process is at the end for the Bashed Patch. You'll never use it for any other purpose so don't even open it unless you're making a Bashed Patch.

Thank you. Your STEP guide is a very expansive and well written document. I applaude the obvious time and effort your team has devoted to it.

Now back to the original question of why my books lack text.

As this is the issue I'm trying to correct during this install, I kept checking to verify that the text was present in the books several times during the install process. Of course I LOOTed the plug-in order before I stared the game each time.

It was imediately after I had installed the "Book Covers Skyrim" mod that the text was missing. The only conflict that was showing was with the "STEP vaniilla textures" mod. Oncce I disabled that mod the book text was again visible.

I re-downloaded and installed both mods in the hopes that it was an issue with the download. This did not orrect the problem. I am going to go disaible all of the mods execept those 2 and see if the issue is still present. If the problem still exists then I can assume that the conflict that I noted earlier is the root cause. If the problem does not exit I will turn on each mod in the order in which it was intalled to see when the problem reappears.

I'll be back.

Edited by Thick8

F*CK ME TO TEARS!!!!

Found it. This is something you may wish to include in the WIKI.

MULTI-MONITOR (Eyefinity) Users

If you are using the 3rd party utlilty "Flawless Widescreen", the book text will be missing from all books that are picked up in Skyrim. Quest specific notes and journals will still have the text visible though.

So the *NEW* question is: How do I maintain proper HUD size whilst playing in an Eyefinity (5918x1080) configuration?

Edited by Thick8

F*CK ME TO TEARS!!!!

Found it. This is something you may wish to include in the WIKI.

MULTI-MONITOR (Eyefinity) Users

If you are using the 3rd party utlilty "Flawless Widescreen", the book text will be missing from all books that are picked up in Skyrim. Quest specific notes and journals will still have the text visible though.

So the *NEW* question is: How do I maintain proper HUD size whilst playing in an Eyefinity (5918x1080) configuration?

As I suspected, it was something unique to your system. As for the answer...no clue. I've only ever played on a single monitor.

I believe that the overall HUD size is based on the iSize W= resolution. If I could find a way to lock it to the iSize H=resolution that would solve the issue. I can't find anything pertaining to hud size in the ini files. Does anyone know if there is a HUD size input anywhere? 

I don't know whether to thank you or not for showing me this ini guide Wiki. Now I'm going to loose myself in it and not have time to play the game...

I've dropped a note to the maker of Flawless Widescreen. The no book text was an issue tht was fixed back in 2011. It would seem as though it has resurfaced with the STEP process. Maybe he can provide a fix. I'll let you know what his response is.