5 replies to this topic

#1 FuzzRocket9

FuzzRocket9

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:45 AM

I see it's made redundant now that I made a new mod folder for my personal bashed patch, but I want to know if this has any other purpose?

Thank you.

Edited by FuzzRocket9, 11 August 2015 - 05:41 PM.

#2 Kesta

Kesta

Thane

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:46 AM

This just means that you ran Wrye Bash not through MO, which led to a Bashed Patch being created directly in your data folder. Just deleted this bashed patch and make sure to always run WB through MO.

Note that "Bashed Patch, 0.esp" is always created if not already existing whenever launching WB, even if you didn't build it.

#3 hishutup

hishutup

Daedric Prince

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:00 PM

It doesnt really matter where its located in MO because it doesnt have any assets. I leave mine at the top so I dont have to micro manage it.

#4 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:38 PM

I moved this because it isn't specifically to do with the STEP guide.

#5 FuzzRocket9

FuzzRocket9

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 05:39 PM

Thanks guys. Something so simple, yet it would of bothered me if I ignored it, so I had to ask. Thanks as always :D

#6 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 02:19 AM

The bashed patch created with Wrye Flash is handled in a completely different manner to that for Skyrim.

For the patch to be created you must have either the blank patch in the Data folder, or in a mod of your creation, and that blank file is overwritten, not copied first then patched. Using WB in MO always places a new bashed patch in the 'overwrite' folder, with FO3 or FNV it doesn't.

This means it is much more fiddly to have multiple patches for multiple profiles.

When patching in the Fallout games, MO will log an error but still produce a working patch if the file is found in the Data folder. To get around this you should first copy a blank patch from the Wrye install and place it into a new user-created mod in MO.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bashed patch, unmanaged, happy, happyhappy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users