Mythic Dawn: 2015 Update Discussion & Changelog

SynthetikHD

So, what would you recommend for Detailed Terrain? Do I need to install OBMM to get it working, or can Bash handle it without a problem? I'm asking because the guide doesn't say anything about which program we should prefer for installing Detailed Terrain.

So, what would you recommend for Detailed Terrain? Do I need to install OBMM to get it working, or can Bash handle it without a problem? I'm asking because the guide doesn't say anything about which program we should prefer for installing Detailed Terrain.

I installed it using OBMM.  Seems to be working for me. 

I used OBMM to convert it to a 7z archive and then installed it through WB.

Hi, I'm following this guide and my game crashes around chorrol after installing better cities? cany anyone help? the only mods I have are from this guide.  I keep crashing when trying to fast travel to chorrol, or inside.  Any help would be appreciated. 

I'd also like to note I did not completely finish the guide, I test my game after every few mods installed on the page for stability and better cities seems to be causing it unstable.  Another issue, I tried downgraded from 4k to 2k and even 1k and I noticed no fps difference for some odd reason.

I feel like my fps is very low, for what my specs are, There is a guy on youtube claiming to get 60 fps with all the most intensive graphical mods, Including RAEVWD while running enb which makes no sense.

My specs are

msi 980 ti lightning(very sad I can't use my second card :/ )

i7 6700k

32 gig ram

Check the Better Cities installation to make sure you have all the required and that they all downloaded correctly. I had some issues getting this to install properly and it ended up being my download was corrupt. I had to get it from the Better Cities website.

Also check that you have all .ESPs and that they are loaded correctly. Are you getting any message about Better Cities.esp when you load up into a game? 

It might also be crashing due to it loading so much when you get there, try setting all graphics options to lowest and see if you still crash with/without better cities loaded.

I also have 980TI and yes I get low FPS in some areas. Just how the game is, old game on an old engine. Can't really take advantage of latest hardware, especially with so many mods clogging up the engine. In cities the FPS is still bad, but in outdoor areas you should be able to reach 60fps a lot of the time. Just depends where you are what is happening around you

Edited by Sh0dan

Check the Better Cities installation to make sure you have all the required and that they all downloaded correctly. I had some issues getting this to install properly and it ended up being my download was corrupt. I had to get it from the Better Cities website.

Also check that you have all .ESPs and that they are loaded correctly. Are you getting any message about Better Cities.esp when you load up into a game? 

It might also be crashing due to it loading so much when you get there, try setting all graphics options to lowest and see if you still crash with/without better cities loaded.

I also have 980TI and yes I get low FPS in some areas. Just how the game is, old game on an old engine. Can't really take advantage of latest hardware, especially with so many mods clogging up the engine. In cities the FPS is still bad, but in outdoor areas you should be able to reach 60fps a lot of the time. Just depends where you are what is happening around you

Yeah I get the message and everything is loaded it just crashes for some odd reason.  So for the most part is this guide still stable?

Also what's the best method to test for a stable oblivion? and is there anyway I can monitor how much ram im uising? wondering if my ram shoots up to 4gb and if that is crashing my game.

Skyrim Performance Monitor should also work with Oblivion AFAIK

Edited by Judassem

So I made a fresh install, installed obse and only the unofficial patches then installed better cities and it still crashes upon fast travel to chorrol or just outside the stables.  I thought the crash was due to a mod conflict but apparently this isn't the case.  This is giving me quite a large headache =/

I did as Shodan said and this fixed my issue, which was to download from the dark creations page(assimilation lab) also seemed to cause my fps to go up.  Very odd.  So I'm assuming nexus's link was corrupt? this also scares me because it makes me wonder how many more of my dl's from there are corrupt.  Thanks to everyone for the help.

Edited by Scythiss