Mythic Dawn: 2015 Update Discussion & Changelog

SynthetikHD

So I made a fresh install, installed obse and only the unofficial patches then installed better cities and it still crashes upon fast travel to chorrol or just outside the stables.  I thought the crash was due to a mod conflict but apparently this isn't the case.  This is giving me quite a large headache =/

I did as Shodan said and this fixed my issue, which was to download from the dark creations page(assimilation lab) also seemed to cause my fps to go up.  Very odd.  So I'm assuming nexus's link was corrupt? this also scares me because it makes me wonder how many more of my dl's from there are corrupt.  Thanks to everyone for the help.

Did you turn off auto saves, do the ini edits, and do the bash patch?  If so I have no ideas but you can figure out which mod is causing the problem.

What you will have to do is uninstall half your mods.  Then test your game by fast traveling to Chorrol.  If it crash you will know the problem isn't with one of the mods you uninstalled.  If it runs you will know the problem is with one of the is with one of the mods uninstalled. 

So repeat the process with the mods you are sure where the problem is cutting the install in half each time.  This is a pain in the butt but even if you had say 200 mods you should be able to narrow the problem mod down within 5 attempts or less.  Should only take 30 minutes to a hour at most.  I have 118 mods and had to do this myself a week ago.  It took me about 15 minutes to find the mod that was causing the crash.  The mod wasn't the problem for me.  I didn't set the ini setting right which caused the mod to crash the game. 

Oh I should note I use Mod Organizer for my main organizer so the process is most likely a lot quicker for me. 

Did you turn off auto saves, do the ini edits, and do the bash patch?  If so I have no ideas but you can figure out which mod is causing the problem.

What you will have to do is uninstall half your mods.  Then test your game by fast traveling to Chorrol.  If it crash you will know the problem isn't with one of the mods you uninstalled.  If it runs you will know the problem is with one of the is with one of the mods uninstalled. 

So repeat the process with the mods you are sure where the problem is cutting the install in half each time.  This is a pain in the butt but even if you had say 200 mods you should be able to narrow the problem mod down within 5 attempts or less.  Should only take 30 minutes to a hour at most.  I have 118 mods and had to do this myself a week ago.  It took me about 15 minutes to find the mod that was causing the crash.  The mod wasn't the problem for me.  I didn't set the ini setting right which caused the mod to crash the game. 

Oh I should note I use Mod Organizer for my main organizer so the process is most likely a lot quicker for me. 

I did it on a clean install only with the unofficial patches and it still crashes.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  I can't quite figure it out what it is, and I also made all the ini changed in the guide.

Purple textures means a texture file is missing or the path to the file is wrong.  Hmmm or you ran out of memory and the game couldn't load the texture.

Did you make Oblivion 4gb aware?  If not try that using the patcher 

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/45576/?

You can also try this ENBosst

https://enbdev.com/patch_oblivion_enboost_v0259.htm

I'm installing Better Cities now. I'll do some test to see if odd things are going on. 

In Weather - All Natural section, there are these lines to add:

set ANVars.Luminance to 0.75

set ANVars.SILuminance to 0.75

set ANVars.TCEnabled to 1

What do they do? Also, the last line (set ANVars.TCEnabled to 1) doesn't exist in the Weather - All Natural.ini. Should I add it manually?

So I installed Better Cities.  I tried running around near the area and warping to all points.  I didn't get any crashes.   I didn't notice anything odd. 

Hmmm that's odd.  Sometimes better cities around chorrol will work for me and sometimes it won't even tested it without any mods installed besides the unofficial patches have the right load order and everything.  I also checked all the folders and it has the right textures and meshes.  I did run the 4gb patch and don't think I ran out of mem I'm only using the mods form the pack.  Also my game is super suttery is that normal? It's super stuttery around bravil to leyawinn.  I installed osr and everything.  I really wish changing resolutions would help me with fps but for some reason they stay the same if I swtich from 4k to 2k or even 1080p.  I really wish or would allow me to use my second 980 ti, but I know it's not really supported even in vanilla oblivion.

Hey there, it seems you guys are trying to explore the hell that is modding Oblivion and using the guide I updated a while ago. It might kinda suck to hear this but after I finished updating the guide it basically became majorly outdated only a month after finishing updating it.

Some mods have had huge changes like Oblivion Reloaded and allowing the use of ENB Boost, etc, so this guide probably isn't the best thing to follow unless you really, really know what you are doing and the changes you need to make to the dated directions.

I don't really have any plans to update the guide because it took so much of my time to fix everything only to become outdated not even a month after spending weeks on the guide and I became burnt out on Oblivion.

So honestly, unless like I said you really know modding and are familiar with modding Oblivion and want to spend a lot of time to get everything working and stop the stuttering and crashes, it probably isn't worth it to try to use this guide and that's the sad truth basically. Sorry about that. :(

Hey there, it seems you guys are trying to explore the hell that is modding Oblivion and using the guide I updated a while ago. It might kinda suck to hear this but after I finished updating the guide it basically became majorly outdated only a month after finishing updating it.

Some mods have had huge changes like Oblivion Reloaded and allowing the use of ENB Boost, etc, so this guide probably isn't the best thing to follow unless you really, really know what you are doing and the changes you need to make to the dated directions.

I don't really have any plans to update the guide because it took so much of my time to fix everything only to become outdated not even a month after spending weeks on the guide and I became burnt out on Oblivion.

So honestly, unless like I said you really know modding and are familiar with modding Oblivion and want to spend a lot of time to get everything working and stop the stuttering and crashes, it probably isn't worth it to try to use this guide and that's the sad truth basically. Sorry about that. :(

We appreciate everything you did, and yeah I figured.  I been using this guide as a base and it should most likely be stable.  It seems to be mostly texture packs and you can pick and choose quests you want to add in which in my opinion those are what will cause the game to be stable or unstable.  And the Issue that I'm dealing with better cities right now is a whole separate issue.  Even when the mod is installed with nothing but the unofficial patches I still crash sometimes.  I'm just going to have to deal with it.

Edited by Scythiss

Hmmm that's odd.  Sometimes better cities around chorrol will work for me and sometimes it won't even tested it without any mods installed besides the unofficial patches have the right load order and everything.  I also checked all the folders and it has the right textures and meshes.  I did run the 4gb patch and don't think I ran out of mem I'm only using the mods form the pack.  Also my game is super suttery is that normal? It's super stuttery around bravil to leyawinn.  I installed osr and everything.  I really wish changing resolutions would help me with fps but for some reason they stay the same if I swtich from 4k to 2k or even 1080p.  I really wish or would allow me to use my second 980 ti, but I know it's not really supported even in vanilla oblivion.

I do get some massive slowdown with Better Cities installed.  Not on all cities and not in all parts of cities that have slow down.  The game is still playable but those FPS drops hurt my immersion.   I doubt it is just BC but a combo of all the high texture packs and added NPCs.  I think I will have to go back and tone down some of my choices in textures.  Or maybe I'll just leave it. I don't spend that much time in towns anyway.   

I consider myself a expert at installing mods.  I however learned knew things from this guide.  Personally I think it is still highly useful for newbies.   I didn't see anything in the guide that would screw someone over.  Sure they might not get a perfect setup because a few mods got updated but it will probably be better than if they tried to do it by themselves. 

I consider myself a expert at installing mods.  I however learned knew things from this guide.  Personally I think it is still highly useful for newbies.   I didn't see anything in the guide that would screw someone over.  Sure they might not get a perfect setup because a few mods got updated but it will probably be better than if they tried to do it by themselves. 

^this.  This guide will be extremely helpful for anyone who wants to start modding oblivion.  I wish I can say I was a expert at modding, I just read the read me thoroughly and hope there are no incompatibilities besides the mods that the read me lists.  Do you know of any guides to help someone get more of a stable load? I could benefit greatly from one.  All I know right now is read the read me's for incompatibilities, have a good load order by using boss some mods will require manually placing, and make sure you have all the patches required.

Also I noticed some seams on the ground floor, was wondering if that is normal.  For some reason as well a tweaked enb lowers my fps down from mostly 60ish to a constant 30-35 but it feels way more smooth.