Mythic Dawn: 2015 Update Discussion & Changelog

SynthetikHD

^this.  This guide will be extremely helpful for anyone who wants to start modding oblivion.  I wish I can say I was a expert at modding, I just read the read me thoroughly and hope there are no incompatibilities besides the mods that the read me lists.  Do you know of any guides to help someone get more of a stable load? I could benefit greatly from one.  All I know right now is read the read me's for incompatibilities, have a good load order by using boss some mods will require manually placing, and make sure you have all the patches required.

Also I noticed some seams on the ground floor, was wondering if that is normal.  For some reason as well a tweaked enb lowers my fps down from mostly 60ish to a constant 30-35 but it feels way more smooth.

There is a program called Land Magic on Nexus.  This app fixes land tearing, even really big city size sink holes.   Land tearing happens when two or more mods edit the same land space.  For one reason or another this is bigger problem in Oblivion than in any other Beth game. 

Is Detailed Terrain obsolete with Oblivion Reloaded? Alenet has locked the comments section so I can't ask him.

I could be wrong but I don't think they do the same thing.  Easy way to find out is to not install DT and look at the roads.  I looked over the features and didn't see any that match DT.

There is a program called Land Magic on Nexus.  This app fixes land tearing, even really big city size sink holes.   Land tearing happens when two or more mods edit the same land space.  For one reason or another this is bigger problem in Oblivion than in any other Beth game. 

Is Detailed Terrain obsolete with Oblivion Reloaded? Alenet has locked the comments section so I can't ask him.

They are different.

Thanks so much man!!! these seams have been bothering me so much!!!

my wyre bash is  being really slow, when I click on something is says not responding and takes forever to register what I did any fix for this? or is this normal?

Edited by Scythiss

I fixed the random crashes with enb boost, but I still crash in chorrol.  I would rather use an enb but sadly without enb boost I crash :(

can anyone help me congiure enb boost properly so I stop stuttering.  My game runs buttery smooth with this but sometimes gets a huge sutter

I figured it out.

Edited by Scythiss

I reformatted and it fixed my issue with better cities crashing.  I'm on the game play section and the only things that make the game unstable so far are cobl and cobl cosmetics.  Other than that so far the game seems pretty stable, ran around for a good few hours without any ctds.  I exited my game after a few hours of running around.  So cobl and cobl cosmetics should be removed from the guide.  Other people may or may not being experiencing the same thing I am with cobl.

• 1 month later...

Hi. I'm starting this guide (just gotten to the step where I'm about to start cleaning the DLC... Not very far in) and have a couple questions. How difficult would it be to switch from using Wrye Bash to Mod Organizer for the majority of the guide? I understand there are some issues with OBSE mods not being handled correctly by MO, but I'm used to using MO for Skyrim modding and I prefer it. Also I tend to CTD when alt-tabbing back into the game after alt-tabbing out.

There are a couple of programs that have minor updates, for example I believe TES4Edit now is up to 3.1.2 from 3.1.1, and I believe the LOD generator program is 5.03 instead of 5.02. Am I going to have issues using these theoretically small upgraded versions of these apps?

Thanks for the great guide.

Hey I'm gonna ask just in case if anybody know's what wrong:

I've gotten to the Optional Oblivion Startup part of the guide, but when start Oblivion everything looks fine at first until I press new game. Then the loading screen comes up and the screen freezes and the game crashes after it goes about a centimeter. Just wondering if anybody can figure it out off the top of their heads. If  you need screen shots of Wyre Bash and Boss just tell me.

Hi. I'm starting this guide (just gotten to the step where I'm about to start cleaning the DLC... Not very far in) and have a couple questions. How difficult would it be to switch from using Wrye Bash to Mod Organizer for the majority of the guide? I understand there are some issues with OBSE mods not being handled correctly by MO, but I'm used to using MO for Skyrim modding and I prefer it. Also I tend to CTD when alt-tabbing back into the game after alt-tabbing out.

There are a couple of programs that have minor updates, for example I believe TES4Edit now is up to 3.1.2 from 3.1.1, and I believe the LOD generator program is 5.03 instead of 5.02. Am I going to have issues using these theoretically small upgraded versions of these apps?

Thanks for the great guide.

I use MO and didn't have any problems.   I would suggest that anytime you need to use OBMM create a profile without any mods and use that. This way all the files will go to the overwrite directory.  You can easily pull the files out and create a standard MO mod.  If you don't do this OBMM will write the files to your virtual mod folders if it needs to overwrite anything.  If you ever do that by accident you can just uninstall the mod with OBMM and your virtual mod folders should go back to normal.

As for updates I doubt any will cause a problem but like everything you read what it does and decide for yourself.  For the ones you mentioned they obviously will have zero impact on the guide.  Both are tools and the updates don't change how they are used.

Hey I'm gonna ask just in case if anybody know's what wrong:

I've gotten to the Optional Oblivion Startup part of the guide, but when start Oblivion everything looks fine at first until I press new game. Then the loading screen comes up and the screen freezes and the game crashes after it goes about a centimeter. Just wondering if anybody can figure it out off the top of their heads. If  you need screen shots of Wyre Bash and Boss just tell me.

I uploaded a album of all my Oblivion stuff to Imgur just incase anybody wants to help me out:  https://imgur.com/a/ngESW

When it crashed don't click anything in error window, open task manager and check how much memory is consumed by Oblivion.exe process.

313,882 K is what it's saying.

EDIT: I ran the 4GB Patcher when the guide told me to so I don't know whether it's that or not.

Edited by ShadowFyre