Mythic Dawn: 2015 Update Discussion & Changelog

SynthetikHD

Well, then disable mods in parts until it works. Start with OBSE plugins.

I uninstalled Oblivion Stutter Remover and it successfully finished loaded and I'm at the character creation screen.

I went back and checked if I did the ini edits correctly and it looks like I did, so I don't know what causing the crashing.

OSR heap replacement feature causes crashes, even author mentiones that it improves performance and reduce stuttering at the cost stability, hence the various heap replacement options and critical sections handlers. It works for some people, and not for others. I tried all the heap options myself and it never worked well on my system, so I just disabled it.

OSR heap replacement feature causes crashes, even author mentiones that it improves performance and reduce stuttering at the cost stability, hence the various heap replacement options and critical sections handlers. It works for some people, and not for others. I tried all the heap options myself and it never worked well on my system, so I just disabled it.

Yeah, I actually reduced the iHeapSize to 500 and it's working for me now. Thanks for the help, it would've taken me a crap load of time to figure out the problem without your help.

Yeah, I actually reduced the iHeapSize to 500 and it's working for me now. Thanks for the help, it would've taken me a crap load of time to figure out the problem without your help.

If you are aiming for a stable game, I recommend to switch off heap replacement completely unless you desperately need extra few FPS. When the mod author himself says that some mod feature is unstable, I don't have any reasons not to believe him even if 10 other people will tell me that it works fine for them and all modding guides recommend me to use it.

If you are aiming for a stable game, I recommend to switch off heap replacement completely unless you desperately need extra few FPS. When the mod author himself says that some mod feature is unstable, I don't have any reasons not to believe him even if 10 other people will tell me that it works fine for them and all modding guides recommend me to use it.

Oh, okay if it's just for extra FPS then I don't need it. But hey, I need help again. I'm trying to move the Oblivion Mods folder out of the SSD that it's currently in, so I went into the Bash_Default.ini and edited the "sOblivionMods=" "sBashModData=" and "sInstallersData=" to the custom locations that I want them in. So I copied the folder "Oblivion Mods" and everything inside to there and edited it so it led to the new custom locations just like how the example shows.

Here's some pictures to help: https://imgur.com/a/APnfM

The problem now is that when I open Wyre Bash it shows that the plugins are all still there, but when I go to the Installers tab it's missing all the packages. Any way I could fix this? I pressed Refresh Data and even Full Refresh. Thanks for any help you can give me and have a good day.

Question: with Oblivion Grass Overhaul now at v5.2 does it still have compatibility issues with Unique Landscapes?

There appears to be a compatibility patch that fixes the issue in the imperial city area but I haven't found anything conclusive. I might try enabling both and tooling around once I get down to that segment of the guide but I am still working through the Flora section of the guide.

Second question: how much does disabling the esp affect what OGO is able to display?

Third: what's the proper venue for making suggestions for edits to the guide? Mostly mundane notes like "this website requires an account now", but also things like "this mod's version has changed"?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I'm currently using the old version of this guide to create a 2016 edition of my own guide. 

You can check out my progress here: https://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1601170-help-with-ultimate-oblivion-mod-guide-2016/

Trying my best to create a stable modded game with as much immersion and exploration as possible, etc.

Currently having trouble with Really Textured Normal Maps. Discovering the Mouth of the Panther shipwreck, whenever I move the camera around the ship and parts of the area around it turn yellow. See here: https://imgur.com/a/hdSbZ

Turning off RTNM fixed the problem. However I really liked what I thought added to the game. Is there a fix around this? Please see above link for load order, etc.

Also, would love your feedback on mods and getting as much out of Oblivion as I can.

Thanks!

I removed all "normals" mods when discovered that they change all the normal maps including those for flat surfaces. So while it does look better on walls and rocks for example, simply saying objects that are not flat by their nature, as soon as I saw horrible ugly deformed capboards that are supposed to be flat, it was the end of existence of such mods in my load order.

Edited by zilav

Hi again everyone.

So I went through the fabulous process of uninstalling Mod Organizer and reinstalling everything through Wrye Bash. My install package order needs to be adjusted especially in terms of overriding textures. My caves/dungeons have suddenly gotten much darker than when I was using MO to install. And for some reason installing pHUD was a pain in the ass this time and wasn't working correctly. I still don't have fists icon appear in weapon slot where it should be... Also I had to change settings a few times to set FOV to 90.

Currently the game is running OOO + MOO + Better Cities + Unique Landscapes + Vanilla Combat Enhanced w/ Deadly Reflex 5 and Balanced Magic + Sneak Detection Calibrated + Better Dungeons/Snu's Dungeons + a bunch of villages and immersion mods. It feels complete wouldn't you say? Lol. But the FPS sucks. Hence why I'm not using RAEVWD.

On the bright side, the game isn't crashing. But like I said, I'm getting horrible performance. Maybe even worse than I was before using MO and this is after optimizing the entire mesh folder after installing with Wrye Bash. I don't think it's a textures issue since a single 970 should be able to handle whatever Oblivion can through at it?

I really need to figure it out. It sucks because I feel like I've edited things down. I could get rid of a few more ESPs like Ravens & Seagulls? Doesn't OOO or MOO add flying birds? Or SOC-Wildlife Variety? What is causing FPS drop? Is it really having so many major mods like BC and UL?

If you could look at load order + installed packages and tell me what I can get rid of, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Load Order:
https://pastebin.com/mXADnDQF

Installed Packages:
https://pastebin.com/83Bi30J8

More info at BethSoft forums:

https://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1601170-help-with-ultimate-oblivion-mod-guide-2016

Edited by nicktheduke

Better Cities causes massive fps drops inside and outside cities. I think it is impossible to play Oblivion at a decent framerate with that mod. (and by decent I mean above 40)

You're right it has nothing to do with textures. Biggest problem are mods that add objects like buildings and BC adds a lot of those. Especially the areas around Bravil docks and Anvil docks were unplayable the last time I tried that mod. I think I got less than 20 fps there.

Unique landscapes and village mods like MTC can also cause lower fps in some areas but it shouldn't be as bad as BC. All Natural seemed to cause major fps drops in interiors for me.

Oblivion Reloaded's frame rate manager can help to smooth things out a bit but don't expect a solid 60 fps. The game uses only one processor core, no matter how many you've got. Overclocking the cpu can help to get a few fps.

Update: I disabled a lot of mods and streamlined the load order. Then I optimized all the meshes and BSAs. I thought I had it. I really did. And then...

Using a variety of village additions like AFK and MTC with all the compatibility patches. I'm getting a crash in Weye North when approaching signposts at fork in road coming from IC or simply wandering around. Only when I deactivate MTC does the crash go away. It's very frustrating since I thought I got to a point of finalizing mods after 3 weeks lol. Does anyone know how to fix? I would really like to keep both and I've seen other people use together. Please help!

Here's current load order: https://pastebin.com/pTUDsNrs

5F  MTC-WeyePatch.esp

6E  Rumare-AFK_Weye Patch.esp  [Version 2.2]

70  AFKWeye_MTC_RRLRumarePatch.esp

Shouldn't the third file remove the need for the first two files? I don't know for sure though as I don't have experience with Afk Weye and Lake Rumare.

8E  MTCExpandedVillages-AncientRedwoods patch.esp  [Version 1.0]

A0  MTCExpandedVillages-Snowdale patch.esp  [Version 1.0]

A1  MTCExpandedVillages-UniqueLandscapes patch.esp  [Version 1.0]

Not related to your problem, but you don't need the seperate patches. MTCExpandedVillages-UniqueLandscapes patch.esp is a merged file of those.