Mythic Dawn: 2015 Update Discussion & Changelog

SynthetikHD

Did you use the tweaks from the guide or the ones listed in OR Sh0dan?

I stuck to the guide for all the Ini tweaks I applied. I wasn't sure which were most correct but I assumed the guide tweaks were more relevant for a guide-based installation.

BCF = Bain Conversion File. I assume he means to create BAIN installers for mods that don't have them? Such as Qarls

Edited by Sh0dan

Okay thanks. Not sure if you are doing a playthrough right now in Oblivion since you used the guide but if you are I'd do the instructions listed in the changelog about the INI and delete the Enhanced Camera mod. Otherwise it'd probably be best to just wait and uninstall everything once me and hishutup finish updating the guide then completely reinstall the whole guide when it's updated.

Yeah, my playthrough is on hold for the moment... mostly using it now for testing and stuff. I still have the guide-build installed and running.

I didn't use Enhanced Camera and instead used the "Camera Mode" from OR, but to be honest it's more trouble than it's worth. Especially when combined with something like DR or UVIII... since it uses a third-person camera acting like first-person, it causes issues with animations, doesn't have a first-person crosshair unless you enable crosshair in third-person. Also, it messes with the DoF because OR uses different settings for FP/TP and since you're only ever technically in a third-person camera, the DoF has some strange effects when using fake first-person....

Not quite sure what this means as I've only ever heard the term BCF a couple times but I'm assuming it has something to do with LOOT since it has replaced BOSS.

I also saw the other edits you made and have a question about one. In the OR.ini you put:

EnableSMAA = 1 ;Consider disabling and using MSAA via drivers

But in the Oblivion.ini you added:

iMultiSample=8

;Set to 0 if using SMAA.

First off OR says, "-YOU MUST NOT FORCE ANYTHING IN THE VIDEO CONTROL PANEL (USE APPLICATIONS SETTINGS)", but why would you say setting MSAA with video drivers if OR has the function? Second I think MSAA is the better of the two right, so should the EnabledSMAA in the OR.ini just be taken taken out of the guide and left at 0?

And what does EnableBloodLens = 1 in OR.ini do as there was no description in the OR html doc?

Oops, I wrote that and forgot to change it.

Bloodlens is weird, you'll know when the effect is happening.

Oops, I wrote that and forgot to change it.

Bloodlens is weird, you'll know when the effect is happening.

Should the part about SMAA just be taken out of the guide though? As I can't imagine why anyone would prefer it over MSAA so I don't think there's really much reason to list it as an option since no one would use it.

Also what about, "For the Archive Invalidation section, is the Archive INI line edit done automatically or is this something that has to be put in the INI manually?"

Should the part about SMAA just be taken out of the guide though? As I can't imagine why anyone would prefer it over MSAA so I don't think there's really much reason to list it as an option since no one would use it.

People will still argue, and may not know that they conflict.

Also what about, "For the Archive Invalidation section, is the Archive INI line edit done automatically or is this something that has to be put in the INI manually?"

WB should automatically add the archive to the ini but since WB can visually mess up the ini, maybe manually copying the file and adding the bsa is a better option.

People will still argue, and may not know that they conflict.

Good point.

WB should automatically add the archive to the ini but since WB can visually mess up the ini, maybe manually copying the file and adding the bsa is a better option.

Okay I'll let you decide which is better, I just know that for whatever reason the INI edit wasn't being automatically added for me as found out by GrantSP. It's likely it just had to do with me checking read only when I wasn't supposed to at the beginning of the guide when first using WB, but I'll find out when I uninstall and go through the guide again as I need to do that.

Good point.

Okay I'll let you decide which is better, I just know that for whatever reason the INI edit wasn't being automatically added for me as found out by GrantSP. It's likely it just had to do with me checking read only when I wasn't supposed to at the beginning of the guide when first using WB, but I'll find out when I uninstall and go through the guide again as I need to do that.

That is the issue.

Okay thanks. Another question:

In the guide you say to drag cleaned plugins out of their folder and make a new project with the cleaned plugin. How necessary is it to put the cleaned plugin in a new project? To me it doesn't seem like this would be necessary at all or have any effect.

Okay thanks. Another question:

In the guide you say to drag cleaned plugins out of their folder and make a new project with the cleaned plugin. How necessary is it to put the cleaned plugin in a new project? To me it doesn't seem like this would be necessary at all or have any effect.

If something goes horribly wrong(unlikely but possible) and someone reinstall Obivion, they would have to reclean the files. I dont know about you but I find this annoying.. This is also the way it would be done with MO when someone updates the plugin so that it works with the steam version and the OBSE dlls *hint* *hint*

Alright. I actually took the part about the clean plugins to new projects out and placed it somewhere else but I will add it back.

And BOSS masterlist updates are no longer needed now with LOOT?

Also some mods to possibly look into. They were recommended by OR. I know that you tried the first one and got low fps. Not sure if it is worth looking into again or not.

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/20053/?

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/45043/?

Alright. I actually took the part about the clean plugins to new projects out and placed it somewhere else but I will add it back.

And BOSS masterlist updates are no longer needed now with LOOT?

Also some mods to possibly look into. They were recommended by OR. I know that you tried the first one and got low fps. Not sure if it is worth looking into again or not.

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/20053/?

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/45043/?

Switching to LOOT should greatly decrease the number of required rules.

Really AEVWD is something I would like to include but the frames, its too much but that is my hardware, what is yours like, what do you recommend?

shadeMe is cool but it visually conflicted with something, I just cant remember what it was.

My System Specs:

• Processor: Intel Quad Core i5-4690K OC @ 4GHz
  • Memory: 8GB
  • Video Card: Radeon R9 290 (4GB)

So pretty high end but not a jaw dropping pc like some people have on here.

I'm not really sure about AEVWD as idk what kind of fps hit is has. But it has been updated since the last time you tried it so maybe it is better optimized now?

And I'm sure you can probably find if shadeMe conflicts with anything by looking through the posts on the mod page if you have the time.

Edited by SynthetikHD

My System Specs:

• Processor: Intel Quad Core i5-4690K OC @ 4GHz
  • Memory: 8GB
  • Video Card: Radeon R9 290 (4GB)

So pretty high end but not a jaw dropping pc like some people have on here.

I'm not really sure about AEVWD as idk what kind of fps hit is has. But it has been updated since the last time you tried it so maybe it is better optimized now?

And I'm sure you can probably find if shadeMe conflicts with anything by looking through the posts on the page if you have the time.

You will likely get a significantly better framerate compared to myself because you have an intel, even though I have a 970 :/

I remember it killing my fps, from 50ish to like 20 for no reason and I doubt that has changed because its the same engine.

Im hoping that ramdisk will improve it.