Mythic Dawn: 2015 Update Discussion & Changelog

SynthetikHD

Why did you buy a chair instead of a new processor? lol. I know that Better Cities is in the guide but were you actually able to use it before when you played because at the bottom of the guide it says you used to get 10 fps in some places with it?

But I've added a to-do list to the main thread post of stuff I'll need help with or more likely things that only you can do such as the BCF stuff.

Why did you buy a chair instead of a new processor? lol. I know that Better Cities is in the guide but were you actually able to use it before when you played because at the bottom of the guide it says you used to get 10 fps in some places with it?

But I've added a to-do list to the main thread post of stuff I'll need help with or more likely things that only you can do such as the BCF stuff.

Trust me, I had my reasons. :P

I don't remember the number precisely but I remember it being stupid low.

I can do the BCFs, they're fairly easy.

That's OK, I realize that. But at least I had somewhere to start. I was already familiar with the STEP layout which is why this was the first place I came back to.

Just trying to catch up with the tweaks and optimization side of things.

@hishutup

Is there any reason that Deadly Reflex and Unnecessary Violence are marked in red? Is this because they are red square mods or did you just want to color the mod names?

I downloaded DR6 and I don't think that the mod actually even worked and I think it was a cause of some weird stuff my character was doing, like practically going prone to the ground for a second when crouching and other things. Also OR adds horse combat and says to not use anything that also uses horse combat which DR6 does. And other thing while looking through the forums in DR6 everyone says there's a lot of bugs for it and the author is no longer working on it.

So are both of these untested and not recommended to use?

And for Mesh Improvement Project, the mod looks cool and has had an update but you said that it causes crashes? You remember exactly what the problem was? I couldn't find anything in the posts about crashing.

Edited by SynthetikHD

@hishutup

Is there any reason that Deadly Reflex and Unnecessary Violence are marked in red? Is this because they are red square mods or did you just want to color the mod names?

I downloaded DR6 and I don't think that the mod actually even worked and I think it was a cause of some weird stuff my character was doing, like practically going prone to the ground for a second when crouching and other things. Also OR adds horse combat and says to not use anything that also uses horse combat which DR6 does. And other thing while looking through the forums in DR6 everyone says there's a lot of bugs for it and the author is no longer working on it.

So are both of these untested and not recommended to use?

I'm thinking about removing them because I remember that they are really clunky and fairly incomplete. Having sub 30 fps when looking at an enemy and the game's stutter doesnt help either.

And for Mesh Improvement Project, the mod looks cool and has had an update but you said that it causes crashes? You remember exactly what the problem was? I couldn't find anything in the posts about crashing.

Never troubleshooted the issue.

I agree, I think it's probably best to just remove them then. And okay I'll add Mesh Improvement Project to the list of mods that need to be tested. I also added a big list of texture mods and other mods to possibly be added to the original post. Just been adding any as I see them.

Hey hishutup, are you going to be able to work on the guide this weekend? 

I've just finished going through the WHOLE guide and everything that I could do completely on my own is now 100% finished.

So everything such as:

• adding a lot of instructions to everything that needed to be done to the game before starting to download the mods
  • updating the ini tweaks section
  • making parts (such as the beginning and INI section) more visually attractive
  • making it less messy
  • fixing 99% of all spelling, grammar, capitalization and punctuation errors and wording things slightly better when possible
  • updating all the version #'s on all mods that have been updated and marking which mods have had major updates possibly requiring a change in installation instructions
  • removing the useless [Forum Link] line on 95% of the mods since they didn't have one
  • removing any mods that are now no longer needed (check changelog for list)
  • writing down any mods I've came across while doing the above that could potentially make good additions to the guide

So now I mostly need you're help with most of the stuff that's left like the to-do list and you going through the guide start to finish and changing or adding any directions or other things as needed.

Might be worth mentioning that there were some mods that I couldn't unpack into Projects. Most times this was caused by the download from the Nexus being corrupted, and re-downloading fixed the issue. However, some of the mods wouldn't unpack properly even after 6-7 re-downloads, so I assume it's an issue with the files themselves.

Some examples are;

• AWLS
  • Weapon Improvement Project - Base Install file
  • Natural Environments

I received an error in Wrye Bash that files were either missing or invalid for these few mods, when I chose to Unpack to Project. Same if I just unpacked the zipped file (if applicable) in WinRAR, it would throw an error. However, the mods still seemed to install and function properly...

For example, in AWLS it was throwing an error about a file from Leyawiin, I saw in the latest update to that mod that they'd fixed something missing in Leyawiin... If it will be worth the time, I can try unpacking them again and send you the errors I get for those mods. 

Sorry, I'm not really sure what would cause this unless the mod wasn't completely downloaded and part of the archive is missing. It's okay you don't need to give me the error, if all the mods seem to be working I wouldn't worry about it. If you're downloads tend to pause often or your internet loses connection for a split second, its likely that it will look like you have the entire mod downloaded, but you'll be missing information and can't unpack it.