Mythic Dawn: 2015 Update Discussion & Changelog

SynthetikHD

I feel like the number of rules to get BC working with LOOT will be pretty close to the number of rules for BOSS to work with everything else, but alright. Sigh, well looks like the game will be pretty unplayable until you do the LOOT rules whenever that will be.  :ermm:

Open xEdit and look at the records then decide what rules are needed. If the necessary rules are greater then go back to boss but I will check them out, even though I dont have the full LO

Open xEdit and look at the records then decide what rules are needed.

No idea how to do that, that's all a bit over my head and likely something you'll just have to do. I just know that literally everyone ever says to use BOSS instead of LOOT for Oblivion but if you can get LOOT to work I guess all should be fine.

Also iDetailed Terrain needed anymore now that there's OR?

Edited by SynthetikHD

Ah alright, I knew that they both affected terrain shaders but didn't know in what way.

Do you know of a mod like this for Oblivion? Basically I don't understand how people get these really nice looking characters in Bethesda games. They don't make them in the character editor do they? Cuz spending an hour making one and it only turning out okayish looking isn't all that fun.

Also what was the reason we don't use Mod Organizer for Oblivion?

Also what was the reason we don't use Mod Organizer for Oblivion?

Ohh... don't get him started on that please! :O_o:

Let me just say, for users that have the non-Steam version of Oblivion there are very few reasons not to use it, but for Steam users there a few hoops to jump through that make life... difficult.

Ohh... don't get him started on that please! :O_o:

Let me just say, for users that have the non-Steam version of Oblivion there are very few reasons not to use it, but for Steam users there a few hoops to jump through that make life... difficult.

*Cough* OBSE DLLs *Cough*

Also it doesnt work period. Its a bad system in its current state, when its fixed, MO will be used.

Another thing, OR doesnt function correctly when the Steam UI is enabled.

Another thing, OR doesnt function correctly when the Steam UI is enabled.

It doesn't work right with a non-steam version when it's installed through MO either. I've tried various ways but the only way I can get it to work right is to install it manual or through BASH. So I went back to BASH again permanently. 

One question about the guide. In a few places it mentions setting the timescale to 10 for some mods. But, no mention of adjusting that setting in the BASH patch tweaks section. Was there a reason for that ?

It's not only the OBSE dll that needs to be installed outside of MO, but EVERY OBSE plugin also.

yup, every Data\OBSE\Plugins\*.dll need to be installed manually.

I dont know how the timing lines up but you may need to manually install other files that are related to OBSE files like inis.

I'll still stand firm that something like that defeats the purpose of MO.

@hishutup

So I've been messing around with OR and other things and I'm amazed that I keep finding things that make my game run smoother.

[OblivionReloaded.ini]

FrameRate = 1

What really is the point of this? I don't really understand why there would be a need for this, and Vsync also limits the fps to 60 so I don't understand why other fps managers are needed. Turning this off made my game waaay smoother, and even keeping it on and tweaking the section for the settings for this still doesn't make the game as smooth as just turning it off.

---------------

Other questions:

1. Is this needed for Oblivion.ini to delete the Archive.txt part and what does it do? I think I saw that in the Skyrim.ini that SInvadlidationFile is unused by the game, so is it the same for Oblivion?

[Archive]

SInvalidationFile=

2. Why did you leave this off in the OR INI?

[shaders]
EnableHDR = 0

3. Located in the OR INI, default is 4. How do you know this can/should go up to 16?

[Main]

AnisotropicFilter = 16

Edited by SynthetikHD

1. Yes because some mods include a the text file which will mess with how assets are loaded.

2. Everything was sparkly and gross looking when I tried it.

3. AF is one of those settings that should just be used because it greatly improves the visual quality, its really lite an no one is going to miss half a frame for 16.

3. Yes it does make things look very nice, I was just wondering how you knew that 16 was the max value.

But I'm really close to finally having a stable game and getting rid of all the stutter because disabling the fps manager is what has finally made everything playable in terms of constant fps. I'm going to uninstall everything and start the guide over probably for the last time tonight and then I will probably be starting a full playthrough if all is well. :) Soon there won't be too much for me to do anymore.