Enhanced Landscapes (by AceeQ)

triptonite

New landscapes mod out by AceeQ - Enhanced Lanscapes

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68782/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D68782%26preview%3D&pUp=1  

It is an amalgamation of Realistic Aspen Trees, Enhanced Mountains, Dark Fantasy Overhaul and Unbelievable Grass Two. Viable option for Step Core?

Well, it certainly looks nice, but I will not be comparing landscapes for a while since we just did a massive landscape compare for v2.2.9.1. Someone else might feel like picking it up. If you like it, simply use it. It's just textures so there shouldn't be any issues with STEP.

Well, it certainly looks nice, but I will not be comparing landscapes for a while since we just did a massive landscape compare for v2.2.9.1. Someone else might feel like picking it up. If you like it, simply use it. It's just textures so there shouldn't be any issues with STEP.

I'm a little confused by this (emphasis mine). Enhanced Landscapes isn't a texture mod. If the "massive landscape compare" you mentioned is for landscape textures, then that doesn't have much to do with this mod. I'm not aware of many similar mods to compare this to, aside from Skyrim Landscape Overhaul.

Edited by Harpalus

I'm a little confused by this. Enhanced Landscapes isn't a texture mod. If the "massive landscape compare" you mentioned is for landscape textures, then that doesn't have much to do with this mod. I'm not aware of many similar mods to compare this to, aside from Skyrim Landscape Overhaul.

This alters the landscapes (by adding objects and altering mountains) so you'd need to do a compare against this and current STEP. Basically a landscape compare. I'm fairly burnt out doing any compares, atm, which is way I've switched gears and have been working on my own mod for a while. I'm taking a short break from testing for STEP. So, if anyone else wants to take up that mantel, feel free.

Add video to the OP so you can see that it's not just a mod that adds in objects. It is, in fact, a retexture mod for landscapes...very green Skryim. The changes are nice, especially after you've seen a specific landscape for so long. Change is good, but I doubt this would meet STEP criteria.

There are landscape textures available in the installer, but they are optional. The new grass is also optional and, as noted, green grass is a secondary option. It also looks to be pretty compatible: the newest update relies on DynDoLOD to patch things, and the author seems interested in expanding the compatibility list.

I'd do some comparisons, but I'm not only rather busy, but my setup is currently nowhere near STEP (and I don't have a Core or Extended MO profile). I doubt screenshots from my game would prove particularly useful.

Edited by Harpalus

Since there seems some interest I'm kicking in to explain a bit what is included into the main file and what is optional. I created the mod to be as customizable as possible. DynDOLOD is a requirement to generate proper DistandLOD and TreeLODs. The video you linked (from hodilton) doesn't show everything and he obviously didn't use DynDOLOD to generate new LODs otherwise it would look a bit different, don't let you irritate by that vid, also he only used some optional files and nowhere showed all things from the mod.

The main file does indeed change landscapes, adds objects, improves mountains etc... but everything else is just optional, except colored aspen trees and dead trees in the Hjaalmarch (those can get replaced by one of the optional marsh plug-ins). Here a small list of files, which are only optional:

• Grass
  • Green Fields (green tundra)
  • Dark Fantasy Edition
  • Marsh Pines
  • Marsh - No Trees
  • SFO 2.0 Pines
  • LodGen Billboards
  • Oak Trees
  • Landscape textures

I have no idea if this meets STEP criteria, but I just wanted to correct that this mod is customizable and most things are just optional.

Also with the newest update I implemented a new function created by sheson for DynDOLOD. It makes patching simple and literally everything could be easily patched without the need of esp files. This new function makes the mod more user-friendly as a lot other mods. Still I need to patch more mods, but since it's an easy thing I don't see a problem when it comes to compatibility.

Also shurah helped me a lot fixing some AI issues, caused by new added objects. The mod will still have some incompatibilities with other mods, but overall and also by extending the compatibility patching function it's going to be less problematic. 

I've planed to expand the mod with further updates to Solstheim and add optional: Winter Edition and probably Summer Edition. Overall EL is also meant to be a collection for most of my mods, I consider removing a lot of them with time, since they were superseded now by EL.

Also to mention that this mod does replace a lot other landscape mods, which just add some clutter here and there. I have added, changed and improved a lot of things all over Skyrim. In that case, Enhanced Landscapes is replacing a lot of small plug-ins and unifies everything into one mod.

Edited by AceeQ
  • +1 5

Since there seems some interest I'm kicking in to explain a bit what is included into the main file and what is optional. I created the mod to be as customizable as possible. DynDOLOD is a requirement to generate proper DistandLOD and TreeLODs. The video you linked (from hodilton) doesn't show everything and he obviously didn't use DynDOLOD to generate new LODs otherwise it would look a bit different, don't let you irritate by that vid, also he only used some optional files and nowhere showed all things from the mod.

The main file does indeed change landscapes, adds objects, improves mountains etc... but everything else is just optional, except colored aspen trees and dead trees in the Hjaalmarch (those can get replaced by one of the optional marsh plug-ins). Here a small list of files, which are only optional:

• Grass
  • Green Fields (green tundra)
  • Dark Fantasy Edition
  • Marsh Pines
  • Marsh - No Trees
  • SFO 2.0 Pines
  • LodGen Billboards
  • Oak Trees
  • Landscape textures

I have no idea if this meets STEP criteria, but I just wanted to correct that this mod is customizable and most things are just optional.

Also with the newest update I implemented a new function created by sheson for DynDOLOD. It makes patching simple and literally everything could be easily patched without the need of esp files. This new function makes the mod more user-friendly as a lot other mods. Still I need to patch more mods, but since it's an easy thing I don't see a problem when it comes to compatibility.

Also shurah helped me a lot fixing some AI issues, caused by new added objects. The mod will still have some incompatibilities with other mods, but overall and also by extending the compatibility patching function it's going to be less problematic. 

I've planed to expand the mod with further updates to Solstheim and add optional: Winter Edition and probably Summer Edition. Overall EL is also meant to be a collection for most of my mods, I consider removing a lot of them with time, since they were superseded now by EL.

Also to mention that this mod does replace a lot other landscape mods, which just add some clutter here and there. I have added, changed and improved a lot of things all over Skyrim. In that case, Enhanced Landscapes is replacing a lot of small plug-ins and unifies everything into one mod.

This is a big request, but have you considered supporting Skysight - Bigger Trees?  I know fadingsignal was working on a version compatible with SFO, but your mod is a much more comprehensive package.

This is a big request, but have you considered supporting Skysight - Bigger Trees?  I know fadingsignal was working on a version compatible with SFO, but your mod is a much more comprehensive package.

No. Enhanced Landscapes does increase some trees by hand and others by mesh edit. The aspen trees were increased by editing the meshes, while pines in the Falkreath hold were increased by hand. This may/will end up in clipping with SSBT. While I like the idea of bigger trees, SSBT made them too big (imo).

To answer your question: No I haven't considered to make it compatible and tbh I won't do it. SSBT is fine, but I like the standard size a lot over monster trees.

Cool, thanks for the response.  I didn't realize the mod was already increasing tree size.

For the thread, here are some shots - I'm getting 60 FPS here.  In The Rift, it dips a bit to 45/50 average.

Px8KvfX.jpgMiwU3zG.jpgbN6bqut.jpg9TdSEVl.jpg

This is at Ugrids @ 7, the only problem I'm having is the distant land looks a little off where the grass coverage is supposed to be (purplish textures) but this may be due to Vivid Landscapes.

Edited by TechAngel85
  • +1 1