Warburgs Detailed Paper World Map (by Warburg)

Besidilo

• 4 months later...

I just came across this mod - and hoped it was checked by STEP team! The name has now changed Warburgs 3D Paper World Map.

I probably would prefer this one over so-much-unrealistic vanilla 3D map. Because in the end what is it? Some kind of magical power that lets your character leave it's body and levitate over Skyrim each time they want to check their location? This mod seems like it's going to add A LOT to immersion to me!

However, reading the description, it looks like there are some issues with it. It's not compatible with Dragonborn for starters, although the author states: "Will be updating soon". Furthermore:

- Because of the 1.8 patch, the method used to place my map may cause issues with the location of some Quest Markers that are placed in the Tamriel worldspace. For example, the White Stag marker in the Deadric Quest "Ill Met By Moonlight". I am working on a way to fix these quest marker issues.

- Using any lighting mods may cause this mod to not work properly, and cause brightness issues. You can try and put my mod at the bottom of the mod order to see if it helps with compatibility.

- This Mod isn't compatible with "Colored Markers" or any other mod that changes "interface/map.swf" file.

- The optional remove player marker addon will be zoomed around your players vicinity on the map. I haven't found a way to fix this. Whatever that means //rootsrat

SOMEWHAT FIXED - With the way the 1.8 patch changed some settings, the Custom Map Marker no longer works correctly. I am hoping for a patch by Bethesda that fixes this.

I still think it's worth checking out and testing, definitelly better experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, this is the author of the mod.

The only issues lingering as of now are incompatibility with other mods that alter the map.swf file (as you can imagine). Lighting mods may also cause some weird looking lighting in the world map menu.

Thanks for the interest

• 4 weeks later...

Just want to add my vote that this is a great mod, adding it to step I believe will conflict with three mods, the higher quality mesh, the map with roads, and the colored map markers. I was also having an issue where I had to go into the MCM in SkyUI and unchcek the map verification to get those to play well together.

Even with those things, I'll probably still use it since its just much more reasonable for immersion. The only rationalization I can think of for the default map style is that its all in the player's head, but that just doesn't really fly. If the mod author fixes a couple issues people are having with enb and compatibility, then it really might be a better choice for a map replacer.

Also the mod is renamed to "Warburgs 3D Paper World Map" which i guess is why I couldn't find the thead. Hopefully I didn't upset the mods with my double post. :)

• 4 months later...

Just want to add my vote that this is a great mod, adding it to step I believe will conflict with three mods, the higher quality mesh, the map with roads, and the colored map markers. I was also having an issue where I had to go into the MCM in SkyUI and unchcek the map verification to get those to play well together.

Even with those things, I'll probably still use it since its just much more reasonable for immersion. The only rationalization I can think of for the default map style is that its all in the player's head, but that just doesn't really fly. If the mod author fixes a couple issues people are having with enb and compatibility, then it really might be a better choice for a map replacer.

Also the mod is renamed to "Warburgs 3D Paper World Map" which i guess is why I couldn't find the thead. Hopefully I didn't upset the mods with my double post. :)

The enb issues are tough to solve, because they change the lighting in the map menu as well.  Although, it does work with some ENB's as some users have mentioned. I made this knowing that I will not be using any enb's.

The only issue it has with SkyUI is that the search function of the map is disabled.  You get an error because SkyUI detects a different map.swf than SkyUI's.  If you uncheck this in the MCM settings it will not appear again.

Obviously it will not be compatible with A Quality World Map, because my map replaces the world map. 

Ethatron's high quality LOD mesh's work perfectly with my mod, as my mod doesn't alter the LOD mesh at all.

Hm... I may just try your mod and see what happens :) In fact, I'll do it now.

::EDIT::

I tried it briefly and I must say I fell in love with this mod straight away! I will need to do some more testing, but the initial thoughts are - it's a must! It's so much more immersive than the vanilla map!

It's not compatible with Not Another Colored Map Icon Mod - NACMIM.

I would have the following requests, if possible:

- Merged ESP for Dawnguard and Dragonborn for Texture 1 and 2

- No Player Marker for Texture 1

I am going to test this mod in the next few days if I get a chance.

::EDIT2::

After a some further testing I can say that Texture 1 looks amazing with an ENB and not so good without and vice versa for Texture 2.

I am going to start using your mod and ditch QMwR and NACMIM, but - again - I would really appreciate:

- No Player Marker for Texture 1.

I would also encourage Mod Testers and Admins to have a look at this mod!

Hm... I may just try your mod and see what happens :) In fact, I'll do it now.

::EDIT::

I tried it briefly and I must say I fell in love with this mod straight away! I will need to do some more testing, but the initial thoughts are - it's a must! It's so much more immersive than the vanilla map!

It's not compatible with Not Another Colored Map Icon Mod - NACMIM.

I would have the following requests, if possible:

- No Player Marker for Texture 1

I am going to test this mod in the next few days if I get a chance.

::EDIT2::

After a some further testing I can say that Texture 1 looks amazing with an ENB and not so good without and vice versa for Texture 2.

I am going to start using your mod and ditch QMwR and NACMIM, but - again - I would really appreciate:

As far as any colored map marker mod goes, they all should be compatible.  You just have to install it after mine.

The only thing edited when changing the map markers is map.swf. You can see that my mod also changes the color and size of the markers to fit the style of the map, so that obviously means you will be overwriting my map.swf with another.  That's all you have to do.

If you can, post some screenshots of how it looks in your game with Texture 1, no ENB. Just curious to see how the color is different from pc to pc.

and thanks for the kind words

I was going to install this mod but one of the comments says:

...the lines "uLockedObjectMapLOD=" and "uLockedTerrainLOD=" in the .ini are known to cause the infinite loading bug and are sadly required to make this mod work ( Removing those two lines from the .ini also removes the textures/background scene from the map ). I'd get an infinite load every time I went from The Bannered Mare -> Whiterun while this was active. As soon as I disabled it, sure enough the infinite loading stopped. If you've got a lot of mods (~150+, I'd say) then use this map overhaul at your own discretion.

Can someone else confirm this?

As far as any colored map marker mod goes, they all should be compatible.  You just have to install it after mine.

The only thing edited when changing the map markers is map.swf. You can see that my mod also changes the color and size of the markers to fit the style of the map, so that obviously means you will be overwriting my map.swf with another.  That's all you have to do.

If you can, post some screenshots of how it looks in your game with Texture 1, no ENB. Just curious to see how the color is different from pc to pc.

and thanks for the kind words

I'll post the screenshots here tonight, no problem. How about the changes I requested, would you be able to implement them?

I was going to install this mod but one of the comments says:

...the lines "uLockedObjectMapLOD=" and "uLockedTerrainLOD=" in the .ini are known to cause the infinite loading bug and are sadly required to make this mod work ( Removing those two lines from the .ini also removes the textures/background scene from the map ). I'd get an infinite load every time I went from The Bannered Mare -> Whiterun while this was active. As soon as I disabled it, sure enough the infinite loading stopped. If you've got a lot of mods (~150+, I'd say) then use this map overhaul at your own discretion.

Can someone else confirm this?

I come across ILS in my game recently quite often, but, strangely, after installing this mod, it did not happen once last night...

I looked at this a while ago because the other maps were getting tiresome. From the screenshots I like texture 2 but never got around to looking at it in game. The thing I don't like about it is it doesn't have all of the roads.

@roots which texture is that you posted (texture one I think)?