Warburgs Detailed Paper World Map (by Warburg)

Besidilo

In Gophers LP he had some distant terrain turn brown/orange after installing this mod.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Are you sure it's this mod and not the A Quality World Map - With Roads Classic? That one definitely has that issue. I just flew around the map from High Hrothgar and saw no hint of it. 

I think that this mod sidesteps that whole issue by way of having an elevated mesh floating above the regular LOD, which I think is why the mod screws up when your mod order is wrong. You track the regular map underneath. Just conjecture though. 

In Gophers LP he had some distant terrain turn brown/orange after installing this mod.

Are you sure it's this mod and not the A Quality World Map - With Roads Classic? That one definitely has that issue. I just flew around the map from High Hrothgar and saw no hint of it. 

I think that this mod sidesteps that whole issue by way of having an elevated mesh floating above the regular LOD, which I think is why the mod screws up when your mod order is wrong. You track the regular map underneath. Just conjecture though. 

Well, he said it was this mod. I personally have no experience with it. He still uses it despite the issue. :)

Well, he said it was this mod. I personally have no experience with it. He still uses it despite the issue. :)

if i recall it right some people posted in the comments saying there was no issue it was just the riften area

I was using this mod in my 2 previous playthrougs and I've never noticed anything strange/weird/off.

It's a lot of fun to use it, especially with no player marker and compass icons removed, navigating solely by quest description, compass bearings and landmarks is awesome! In these desperate moments of being completely lost there is Clairvoyance (I reduce the magicka cost to zero, as in my character has a natural 'instinct' to find the right way)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Great mod, but now i run into issue with ENB: with bloom enabled map looks very bright and white. I found a something like solution on Nexus forums - "reduce levels of DDS files by about 25%". But what it means? I tried to reduce brightness, modify colors and other things in GIMP, the effect is noticable in editor/viewer, but not in game.

What i should change in DDS to get desired effect?

• 1 month later...

I love this map mod but it doesn't play well with any mods that affect Fast Travel.

Can you elaborate please?I use a mod that prevents fast travel and I've never had any FT related issues. I've also used mod that added more FT carriages and also made FT available via boats and ships and I didn't come across any issues either.

Well, since Warburg's has to be load last,  mod I tried to disable Fast Travel wouldn't work correctly because Warburg's edits the related record last. Sometimes fast travel would be correctly disabled but a blank pop up window on the map would come up on clicking...

I have since just started using Quality World Maps (not classic) with roads.

Edited by Kuldebar

• 8 months later...

Is there another paper map mod available? I really like the idea of looking at a cloth map like this (especially with the hidden player marker). Judging from above, this mod is quite finicky, so I'm hoping there is another paper map mod somewhere. I suppose another option would be to use the Equippable map mod and not use the main map, but that would be a last resort.

I haven't come across any other paper map mods.  As far as compatibility and problems, I've only come across these two:

1. Yes the mod needs to be loaded last, or at least you need to forward the few map height records to your own Conflict Resolution plugin and put that last.  That's what I've done, so I don't have to have the mod last in my plugin order.  Works fine that way.

2.  The maps in Falskaar and Wyrmstooth will not look right with the Warburg's paper map mod, and you may even have problems with the LODs not going away when you get close to objects.  HOWEVER there is an easy workaround for all that, I've detailed it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGcIS9GBu4c

• +1 2