Updating TES5Edit

edynacio

Question

*How do I keep TES5Edit updated?

I'm following SRLE and downloading the xEdit 180815  link on afkmods.

I'm assuming to keep it updated when noted on SRLE change log I will have to use the "Thread where I'll be posting the latest updates."link, download the "Edit Scripts" folder and paste it over the old  one.

Am I doing this correctly? 

*How do I find what TES5Edit build I have installed?

Thank you

The way I do it is clean install.

1. Delete existing install.

2. Copy in new TES5EDIT version.

3. Copy in latest version merge script (including mteFunctions).

4. Copy in Real Skyrim Snowflakes script.

5. Copy in DynDOLOD scripts.

6. Done

That way no leftover junk is still in the folders.

I finally finished building my rig and ready to install SRLE.

Mod Organizer is installed in the Skyrim data folder, diferent from the other tools mentioned above?

I install all my tools in a separate directory (i.e. E:\Games\Skyrim\Tools) except for MO which is on my games SSD drive (i.e. D:\Mod Organizer). Wrye Bash unfortunately must be installed on top of Skyrim or I'd install that elsewhere too.

So I'm assuming it's ok to have Mod Organizer installed elsewere other then the Skyrim folder. For some reason I was under the impression that had to be in the Skyrim directory.

I'm planning to install it togheter in the "Tools" folder with the other utilities except Wrye Bash.

By the way, Neo, thanks a LOT for all the hard work in keeping SR:LE with the latest updates.

I've been learning to mod Skyrim for the past year and an half. Started with Nexus then found about STEP.

I like how you bring the setup further with great mods doing all the compatibility work.

I finally decided in the past couple of months that SRLE is the way to go.

Can't wait to experience all the visuals of Skyrim with your setting.

Again, thanks a lot

Edited by edynacio

Yes. I will have Skyrim and MO installed on a SSD, but will keep MO and all other tools, except Wrye Bash, on a seperate folder.

I will have MO Downloads on a backup HDD.

Thanks for the feedback.

This is exactly how I do it. Mods folder for MO is on SSD, download folder is on my slow hdd.

I install all my tools in a separate directory (i.e. E:\Games\Skyrim\Tools) except for MO which is on my games SSD drive (i.e. D:\Mod Organizer). Wrye Bash unfortunately must be installed on top of Skyrim or I'd install that elsewhere too.

Uh ? WB work fine when out of game directory. You just have to download the standalone executable (or the python if you're into that kind of things ::P: ) instead of the automated installer, and unzip it in your Tools folder.

Wrye Bash instructions at Nexus do say: 'For manual installations of either the Standalone or Python versions, extract the archive in your Skyrim game folder so that the Mopy directory appears in the Skyrim directory"

Not sure if there's any particular reason why, but it seems that would be better to follow the instructions from the author.