Photo

HUGE FPS Drop in certain areas (mostly Interiors)

skyrim fps drop elfx interiors realvision enb castle volkihar

Best Answer Exalerion , 21 August 2015 - 02:26 PM

I see that no one has replied yet, but there's no need for anymore, because the problem has been RESOLVED! bForceHighDetailReflections was the key solution. I set it to '0' and the FPS drops were gone!  ::D:

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Exalerion

Exalerion

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:34 PM

Hi there!

I'm having this FPS problem that more people reported to experience that most likely has something to do with ELFX in the first place since the problem is often posted there. But the strangest thing for me is that the FPS drops (which I'm going to explain about below) also occur when I play VANILLA Skyrim!! So it is NOT mod-related I guess.. The older threads on the ELFX page didn't really help me out much so I'll make a new one here too.

The problem is that sometimes in interiors, and rarely also in exteriors, I get this HUGE FPS drop when I look at certain objects or areas. In interiors I normally always have a solid 60+ FPS (Vsync). But when I look at certain objects or in a certain direction, my FPS goes from 60+ all the way down to about 10-15 FPS in the worst case!!! Sometimes is seems to have something to do with a lightsource, but a lot of the time also not!

For example: I'm sneaking around in Castle Volkihar: Solid 60 FPS as always, but when I look at the center of a door (to an exterior cell) in the Undercroft, my FPS just drops to 20! (like wtf?) Or when I walk trough a small, dark passage with a few candles in the Undercroft with 60 FPS and then turn right into another part of that dark passage with a few candles, my FPS just randomly drops to a terrible 10-15 FPS at worst! The candles aren't causing the FPS drop, it's more like the walls, and what's behind them (nothing). When I just look at walls, my FPS drops to 10-15 at worst.

Apart from RealVision ENB FULL for ELFX and ELFX itself, I don't use any other lighting mods. Nothing overwrites the ELFX meshes.

AND YES: I've already tried the things in the sticky post on the ELFX posts page. I've also already tried these mods:
But there are not Chandeliers anywhere near me when those FPS drops occur... So that's why some of those fixes probably don't work I guess..?

Modlist:

Loadorder:

Skyrim.ini:

SkyrimPrefs.ini:

Most important specs:

I hope somebody can help me out!

Edited by Exalerion, 19 August 2015 - 05:54 PM.

#2 Exalerion

Exalerion

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 02:26 PM   Best Answer

I see that no one has replied yet, but there's no need for anymore, because the problem has been RESOLVED! bForceHighDetailReflections was the key solution. I set it to '0' and the FPS drops were gone!  ::D:

Edited by Exalerion, 21 August 2015 - 02:26 PM.

#3 DMCbr

DMCbr

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 08:29 PM

Where do i put that line? Found a cave that i went from 60fps to 0.5 fps!!! @_@

#4 DMCbr

DMCbr

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 08:49 PM

Ok, i have put that line on both .ini files, but i found what is my real problem. There is 10 Skeleton Dragons inside the cave (Labirintian, quest The Staff of Magus). So the fps goes to limbo because of so many huge creatures in a small place.

Now i need to get rid of that bug somehow...  :confused:

#5 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 11:01 PM

Uh... what? You shouldn't be having that kind of slowdown. I was thinking maybe you were on a toaster and had a cpu bottleneck but... your rig is better than mine.

#6 DMCbr

DMCbr

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:40 AM

Actually i found the problem: ASIS inis must be configured to use with Deadly Dragons assault mode, if no config is made, the assaults result in lots of dragons in interiors. Somehow i managed to kill 8 dragons in that room, but now i have to wait a few days to clear that cell, the bones don't let me advance. The fps drop was caused by the huge amount of dragons in the same place, but when i opened any menu there the fps went back to 60fps (since all animations stop). Just too much giant things on the screen...

After 4 months modding this game, finilly i having good results, so my laptop can handle all my mods. But still, too many mods that need configuration to solve the conflicts. :thumbsup:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim, fps drop, elfx, interiors, realvision enb, castle volkihar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users