No Stretching (by Langley)

JudgmentJay

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would not surprise me, I have yet to catch up and have a good nosy at the whole thing, last time I looked ages ago quite a lot of it seemed to be out of my depth machine wise, but judging by the quality of detailled technical knowledge posts around here I think I ought to get a bit more nosy :)

Updated to include mine floors, cliffs, rocks, and mountains.

So now this mod conflicts with USKP, SMIM, Better Rocks and Mountains, and WATER (if you use the 'extra wet rocks' optional meshes).

A side note, it looks like Better Rocks and Mountains has an incorrect file structure (as does TPC since it doesn't correct it). It has all the rocks in the /meshes/landscape/mountains folder instead of the /meshes/landscape/rocks. Oops!

Which files should we move from meshes/landscape/mountains to the rocks folder to correct this?

I assume its all the ones that begin with "rock" that are in the mountains folder but want to make sure before moving stuff around, perhaps this question should be posted in the TPC thread since it has to do with that mod but it was brought up here which is why I asked...

Which files should we move from meshes/landscape/mountains to the rocks folder to correct this?

I assume its all the ones that begin with "rock" that are in the mountains folder but want to make sure before moving stuff around, perhaps this question should be posted in the TPC thread since it has to do with that mod but it was brought up here which is why I asked...

Yes, all the meshes that begin with rock should be in the /meshes/landscape/rocks folder.

I don't understand why he recommends "Better Rocks and Mountains" when both mods cover the same meshes?

He recommended Better Rocks and Mountains before his mod covered rocks/mountains.

So for install order I'm going with USKP -> No stretching -> TPC (without Better Rocks and Mountains obviously) -> WATER. That way I get SMIM's rock meshes which are superior due to higher polygon count and the extra wet rocks from WATER.

I don't understand why he recommends "Better Rocks and Mountains" when both mods cover the same meshes?

And i like better meshes from this mod. It cover more of them also. 

They are recommended (once you have sorted Better Rocks and Mountains files into their correct file locations) because there are still 3 meshes which No Stretching does not have ...

meshes\landscape\mountains\mountaintrimslab.nif

meshes\landscape\rocks\rockl02.nif

meshes\landscape\rocks\rockl04.nif

I believe Langley mentioned this in one comment (though the cross language interpretations are making the conversation there hard to understand exactly what anyone is saying to each other, even for native english speakers), and it sounds to me like Langley is doing these in a future update along with other meshes which also make a mess of stretching vanilla sized textures.

Posted Image