"Walk In Place" Bug

Shadriss

Question

I've been rebuilding my mod soup, and I have run into an odd bug. I've seen it once or twice before, and I had thought it traced to a mod which I no longer run, but...

I run though the intro, enter Helgen Keep, and when the area loads, my toon appears to just 'walk in place'. No control, no ability to move, etc. Just stands there... walking... without moving... and Hadvar thinking I've invented a new form of jazzersize. Any thoughts on this, guys?

5 answers to this question

I believe this is an FNIS/animation issue, yes. I experienced this recently and I fixed it by uninstalling SexLab, then re-running FNIS. For me it only happened when I followed Ralof.

Alternatively, you can try this quick fix (hosted on NSFW site). (enableplayercontrols, walk to Hadvar/Ralof without changing camera, zoom out to third person then back to first after your arms are free).

Edited by Harpalus

WOuldn't have though FNIS... issues there generally result in t-poses don't they? I'll re run it and take a look, though why it would only be a problem AFTER a player controllable sequence is beyond me. Not running any animation mods that I'm aware of, so that's out.

EDIT: Re-ran FNIS, ensuring only the Skeleton arm fix was checked and re-tested with no changes. Testing included the Helgen run from char creation to entering helgen, as well as trying to load into Helgen keep from a save.

Edited by Shadriss

I have found odd behaviour for example saving just before you choose the imperial or stormwind path. If you reload at the point you will have no animation control. You can't move. This was with FNIS and a number of mods that change animation. 

Not a walk in place problem as you have no 3rd person camera until your hands are untied.

Great way to see the dragon and all the folks running around like chickens. 

Interesting, but not really related, unfortunately. I'm not looking forward to the massive amount of troubleshooting this is going to take... *shudder

EDIT: Skyrim is... odd. We all know this. And so, I put this error down to Skyrim being odd, and move on. I removed the Memory Logger, and somehow it all works now. How this would create a problem like this is beyond me. But then, so are backward-flying dragons, people and objects mysteriously rising up into the air, and other bugs we've seen. So, I'm just gonna push the "Okay..." button, and mvoe forward. Skyrim, beware... I'm baaaaa-aaaaack.

Edited by Shadriss