Mage Outfit Texture Overhaul by (Rafuel and Alexandriel)

TechAngel85

Discussion thread:
Mage Outfit Texture Overhaul by Rafuel and Alexandriel
Wiki Link

An overhaul of the vanilla mage robes. The textures are a 2K/1K mix and have added details and subtle changes for the different schools of magic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjW437n3oKc

This is a vanilla-like HD overhaul for the mage robes. The robes are in the vanilla style but will added detail which I think adds some more uniqueness to the robes and is just beautiful. It's more of something that I would expect a mage to be wearing. This is definitely STEP:Extended territory and maybe even Core.

I'm starting a mage character this weekend so I'll have these installed for that!

The robes are vanilla but done in HD (2K vs 1K, i think). So I hate to break it to you, but if you don't like the color changes for the levels, then you'll need a completely different mod because that is a feature in the vanilla game. The only color the author added was to distinguish between the school of magic the mage belongs to and this was done subtlety.

Fast forward to about 1:30 in Hodilton's video to see the compares between vanilla and this mod. The differences are somewhat subtle, but this mod is so much better than vanilla. I tried watching the second video, but that constant downward scan makes me dizzy.

Yeah, I went back and looked at the videos and screens again.  Really, really nice.

Would you recommend biting the bullet and filling a plugin slot then?  I must say I'm actually even more tempted after going back and revisiting than I was the first time.

The only concern I have is mainly a conflict with Clothing and Clutter Fixes... I know Kry has mage robe hoods separated and they would use the original textures without a patch. Also using the ESP changes some templates and thus some minor stats.

In other words, we need a CCF patch. :)

Time+Lord+costumes+Doctor+Who.jpg

They are weirdly starting to look like the child of these robes. I'm not sure all that text is necessary, it is slightly uneasy on my eyes. Maybe if it was just on the back? I like the backs.

Oh and it wouldn't be a TA thread without me saying it lookes 'upscaled' regardless if it does or not.  ::P: We need Octo saying the same too. Where are you buddy?

The only concern I have is mainly a conflict with Clothing and Clutter Fixes... I know Kry has mage robe hoods separated and they would use the original textures without a patch. Also using the ESP changes some templates and thus some minor stats.

In other words, we need a CCF patch. :)

There are not any conflicts with Clothing and Clutter Fixes for STEP. Your guide is probably using the EotW Mage Robes Compatible Textures file from CCF. STEP doesn't use this.