Photo
accepted

Mage Outfit Texture Overhaul by (Rafuel and Alexandriel)

mod texture clothing mage

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:38 PM

I agree with the Guards mod. I was thinking more Extended on this one due to all the added detail to the robes. If it was just a replacer, no big deal, but it does come with a plugin for that adds the school of magic to the robes. Remember that Core mods will be added to all packs. This might be better for Extended. Thoughts?

EDIT:

I've created everything and added to Core. If we decide Extended instead, it's just a checkbox on the mod page form.

#32 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,679 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 02:02 PM

If using the plugin version extended, textures only would be core.

My opinion anyway. :)

#33 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:01 PM

If using the plugin version extended, textures only would be core.

My opinion anyway. :)

I agree with this. I like the schools being on the robes, but it isn't practical for realistic battles. Basically if you're fighting someone you'd be announcing your skill set before the battle even began. The real gems are the robes.

#34 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:06 PM

The author Rafuel did a DB version of robes way back. Same basic principal where he added some designs to the robes. I've mentioned it a few times and would be the logical companion to these.

https://www.nexusmod...im/mods/35965/?

#35 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:58 AM

I've seen those. Do we have a thread for them?

#36 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 12:01 PM

Yes. I made it a long time ago.

#37 Nebulous112

Nebulous112

High King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:38 PM

Does acceptance of this mod also include the Gloves add-on? It has a different page on the Nexus, but in the description it states explicitly that it is an add-on to Mage Outfit Texture Overhaul.

Mage Outfit Texture Overhaul (HD 2K)- MOTO - Gloves (by Alexandriel)

If not, I will make a mod thread for it.

#38 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:35 PM

No, I would say that mod is beyond STEP's scope.

#39 baronaatista

baronaatista

Jarl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 02:25 PM

I'm assuming its okay to install textures only from this for STEP: Extended?  

I love the concept of having schools of magic designs on specific robes, but I find the actual execution in this mod is not very good.  The patterns and textures on the robes themselves look great - nice intricate designs, taken from ingame designs and such.  The "schools of magic" designs however are these oddly placed, oddly colored, airbrush-effect designs that do not fit at all with the rest of the design aesthetic of the robes.  They remind me of the designs of the Affliction mma apparel company...

Now if someone was able to make some kind of linework designs that were worked into the color scheme and design work of the various robes, I'd be all in.

I'd also like to point out that I have used this mod in the past and have actually seen the effects - both ways, with and without, ingame.

Edited by baronaatista, 19 April 2016 - 02:28 PM.

#40 Julien

Julien

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 10:20 PM

Is this placed after Rustic Clothing because Gamwich hasn't done all the outfits textures and thus keep consictency?

#41 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 10:49 PM

Yes, place this after Rustic Clothing.

#42 Julien

Julien

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 08:09 PM

I did, I was just asking if it wasn't something that you guys forgot as I was checking for what overwrites what. ;)

Thanks.

#43 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 10:02 PM

That's because Rustic Clothing is not a part of the live Guide (v2.2.9.2). It is accepted for v2.10.0 of the Guide which is still in development.

#44 Julien

Julien

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 11:08 PM

:facepalm: Yeah...

I am keeping this for now anyway, I hope Gamwich does the entire outfits so I can remove it.

#45 DreamerSteamer

DreamerSteamer

Prisoner

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 02:39 PM

In case MOTO is considered for the SE Core Guide or for a pack, it recently got ported to SE

Mage Outfit Texture Overhaul - Schools of Magic SSE (Revised ESP Only)

https://www.nexusmod...tion/mods/25611

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: accepted, mod, texture, clothing, mage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users