• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 manuelitosimoi

manuelitosimoi

Prisoner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 10:12 AM

In this particular area my FPS drops from 60 to 40. I thought it is just a "hiccup" but the FPS stays at 40. my fps on other areas is at a steady 60, with fps "hiccups" sometimes on new areas.
anybody knows how to fix this. to make it a steady 60?

this happens only on some forest areas. and sometimes when there are enemy npcs moving/attacking.
please help me with this :D thank you! :) 

Specs:

My Mod List (Reversed >.,<)

Load Order

Skyrim.ini

Skyrimprefs.ini

This Area Gives me 40fps

Particular Part of the Map

#2 Pretendeavor

Pretendeavor

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 10:52 AM

I think you need to give up the idea of having a consistent 60 fps in exteriors with a modded Skyrim :p Having said that, the first things I'd try is decreasing fShadowDistance to 2500 in SkyrimPrefs.ini. If that solves it, raise it again until you are satisfied with both the shadow pop in and the fps. Other things: try ugrids=5. I also think that most of those bUseThreadedXXX options are placebo and don't recommend using Papyrus tweaks like iMinMemoryPageSize=100000, iMaxMemoryPageSize=5000000 and iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=4800000000 but that's another story. I feel most of those tweaks come from guides made in like 2012 and have never been actually tested, just copied.

#3 Scythiss

Scythiss

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 11:07 AM

Bro even with my super High end specs I sometimes drop down into 35fps.  That's just how skyrim is going to be if you're going to heavily mod it. 

#4 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 11:15 AM

Guys/gals, I've got this...

1. Uninstall all mods
  2. Clean INIs so they are vanilla INIs
  3. Install only the Fixes and UI sections of STEP
  4. Game on in 60FPS everywhere!

But seriously, what the others have already said. Your expectations are too high.

#5 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,625 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 11:47 AM

I think your INIs may be the leading cause of the issues, as they are horrendous. Please use https://wiki.step-pr...ration_Settings to tweak your INIs. Any other INI tweaks that you have found from anywhere else are most likely harmful and/or placebo with extremely rare exception. Two biggies in there are very unoptimized shadows and grass settings. See reference threads on these two: https://forum.step-p...s-optimization/ and https://forum.step-p...w-optimization/

#6 Scythiss

Scythiss

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:01 PM

I think your INIs may be the leading cause of the issues, as they are horrendous. Please use https://wiki.step-pr...ration_Settings to tweak your INIs. Any other INI tweaks that you have found from anywhere else are most likely harmful and/or placebo with extremely rare exception. Two biggies in there are very unoptimized shadows and grass settings. See reference threads on these two: https://forum.step-p...s-optimization/ and https://forum.step-p...w-optimization/

Does this guide also work for enbs? I'm wondering if I can squeeze a lil performance out of my system but I highly doubt it.  Even with a super high end rig and only playing on 1080p a heavily modded skyrim will dip down to 30fps at times.

#7 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:21 PM

There are very few INI setting that will negatively affect ENBs. Just keep the AA turned off and you'll be fine tweaking whatever, really.

#8 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • 4,625 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 01:08 PM

Does this guide also work for enbs? I'm wondering if I can squeeze a lil performance out of my system but I highly doubt it.  Even with a super high end rig and only playing on 1080p a heavily modded skyrim will dip down to 30fps at times.

All should work with ENB if you follow the notes. Shadows thread has experimental ENB shadows recommended tweaks in OP at bottom.

#9 manuelitosimoi

manuelitosimoi

Prisoner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 07:35 PM

T_T

sorry for the hassle. I'll just lay down and accept it can't be as smooth as I expect hohohoho T_T

Thank you! :D

P.S

Are my mods considered "heavy Modding"?

Edited by manuelitosimoi, 06 September 2015 - 07:36 PM.

#10 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 07:40 PM

Considering your GPU only has 2GB of VRAM, anytime you add in a high-res texture pack/mod you are going to tax it.

The modlist doesn't say if you are installing 1K, 2K or 4K variants of any of them so it is quite likely you are over-reaching in your ambitions for that card.

#11 manuelitosimoi

manuelitosimoi

Prisoner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 08:23 PM

AFAIK i have not installed any 2k 4k mods. unless the mods do not have descriptions and so happens to be 2k or 4k.

but everytime a mod has an option, I would choose 1k.

would vram really matter? because as some say even the most powerful pc can't handle. :(

Edited by manuelitosimoi, 06 September 2015 - 08:24 PM.

#12 Quinnbeast

Quinnbeast

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 08:19 AM

I certainly noticed a major increase in overall 'smoothness' when I changed from a 660Ti (2gb) to a 780(3gb) even though the average FPS was only marginally better (i.e. with the 780 also running a bigger mod list). Of course, there's far more going on there than just the VRAM - different architecture / clock speed  / memory speed / memory bus size etc. Still, with REGS installed, even now it'll hit 30fps in the heavily modified areas. Hey ho.

VRAM is never the only factor: in the previous generation of Nvidia cards, a 780 3GB was categorically preferable to a 770 4gb in terms of raw performance.

TL;DR; Skyrim modding = FPS drops. System specs will only modify 'by how much', to a greater or lesser degree.

edit - And now that I think about it, some of the biggest FPS drops that I get are perhaps actually CPU (or "something else") bound. Quite often my GPU temp will ease off in busiest city areas, which suggests a bottleneck elsewhere. This may be more of a CPU (only running at stock speed) or game engine limitation.

Edited by Quinnbeast, 07 September 2015 - 08:56 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fps, drops, fps drops

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users