W3R: The Wild Hunt Revisited (Witcher 3)

Neovalen

So I was about halfway thru this guide and noticed that a bunch of things were updated. I'm probably just going to start from scratch. To the author - Do you have any more updates planned in the next day or so or am I good to go?

Also, just having a look at a few of the changes... I notice people saying Brutal Blood and Ghost Mode have problems together. Has this been accounted for in this guide?

Edited by giggsidan

So I was about halfway thru this guide and noticed that a bunch of things were updated. I'm probably just going to start from scratch. To the author - Do you have any more updates planned in the next day or so or am I good to go?

Also, just having a look at a few of the changes... I notice people saying Brutal Blood and Ghost Mode have problems together. Has this been accounted for in this guide?

I don't think I have any updates planned at this exact moment, if I do find something I'll wait a day or two to let you finish. :)

If you mean in the comment threads for Brutal Blood / Ghost Mode, it was probably me asking questions of the authors... there are conflicts but my guide lets Ghost Mode win them all which is the safest way to go and does not introduce bugs.

I've went ahead and added Complete Animations to the mod list, it adds some cool features I'm glad to have. Took me awhile to figure out how to merge it in properly.

If you want the previous guide before I made the update here is a link to it.

I've went ahead and added Complete Animations to the mod list, it adds some cool features I'm glad to have. Took me awhile to figure out how to merge it in properly.

If you want the previous guide before I made the update here is a link to it.

Thanks for letting me know! I'm actually only up to the Brutal Blood mod following your updated guide as real life has caught up to me the last few days, so I can just go ahead and add complete animations :)

Just for future reference... Say I was to finish the guide and start a new game and then say a few days later notice that you have added something new or updated a version of a mod... Am I still ok to change it or once I have started a new game or is it recommended not to update or change any mods kind of like Skyrim?

Edited by giggsidan

Thanks for letting me know! I'm actually only up to the Brutal Blood mod following your updated guide as real life has caught up to me the last few days, so I can just go ahead and add complete animations :)

Just for future reference... Say I was to finish the guide and start a new game and then say a few days later notice that you have added something new or updated a version of a mod... Am I still ok to change it or once I have started a new game or is it recommended not to update or change any mods kind of like Skyrim?

Generally, you probably shouldn't change mods... but I break my own rules. You need to be very careful about it and likely want a backup of your mods, etc just in case. :)

That being said, I found I made an error in one of my uploads. I had the wrong file up for the CA + AutoLoot... its actually CA + GM + AutoLoot for the last patch file.... everything should be in order now. Tested it twice, so now I am done for the evening and it shouldn't be updated for a bit again. (Aside from some in-game configuration tweaks, but that is just adjusting things in the mod menus)

nice to see complete animations Neo was kind of missing the ones from when we had primer. Before i delve in do we need all 3 pacthes or do you only the the one from friendly hud and yours that covers both Ghost Mode and Auto loot.

Aldo with Auto Loot i only use the herbs preset and a custom key bind will that cause issues?

nice to see complete animations Neo was kind of missing the ones from when we had primer. Before i delve in do we need all 3 pacthes or do you only the the one from friendly hud and yours that covers both Ghost Mode and Auto loot.

Aldo with Auto Loot i only use the herbs preset and a custom key bind will that cause issues?

You need all three patches. Here is how it'll play out:

The CA + GM merges those two mods scripts. The mod manager will delete those conflicted scripts from those 2 mods and place the merged ones in the CA folder.

The CA + FHUD is a simple replace of the FHUD radial menu script to allow the animations.

The CA + GM + ALCAIO is for the containers script. The mod manager will delete that script from all 3 mods folders then place the merged version in ALCAIO mod folder.

I don't think it'll cause issues but you'll want to configure CA in game to loot without herbs to disable the animations for that. I didn't get around to adding that part to the guide... was 2am already lol.

ok i had a go at trying to install complete animations and i am might confused how to install the patches I can't tell if they installed in the mod manger as they are no appearing and thus can't

Select Mods > Install Merged Scripts and browse to the folder where the patch file was extracted. 

I keep getting error saying Select 2 or more mods which merged scripts for

well the thought i had figured it out but now i am getting an error:

Error [mod0000_mergedfiles]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(12346): Unexpected end of file found after '{' at line 51

Also instead of 1 conflict I am getting 2 both in playerwitcher.ws I picked both C and B which might be wrong.

Ok Neo just to make sure I am doing this right:

When install the CA+GM patch you select Complete Animations + Ghost Mode then select "Install Merged Scripts" navigate to the extracted mod0000_MergedFiles let it run

When install the CA + GM + ALCAIO patch you select Complete Animations + Ghost Mode + Autoloot then select "Install Merged Scripts"  navigate to the extracted mod0000_MergedFiles let it run

then run Script merger?

Ok Neo just to make sure I am doing this right:

When install the CA+GM patch you select Complete Animations + Ghost Mode then select "Install Merged Scripts" navigate to the extracted mod0000_MergedFiles let it run

When install the CA + GM + ALCAIO patch you select Complete Animations + Ghost Mode + Autoloot then select "Install Merged Scripts" navigate to the extracted mod0000_MergedFiles let it run

then run Script merger?

Yes. Obviously if anything got screwed up you'd have to install the base mods back to original again before applying.

Best to clear all merges in script merger before doing this if you already have merges out there.

Yes. Obviously if anything got screwed up you'd have to install the base mods back to original again before applying.

Best to clear all merges in script merger before doing this if you already have merges out there.

OK thanks I am going to take the plunge and go right back to the beginning cos i have no idea what i have screwed up. Wish me luck thanks Neo.

this really starting to pee me off now complete reinstall everything fresh so there must be something wrong somewhere. I am not getting 2 conflicts with Ghost mode and FriendlyHud ingamemenu.ws when before i wasn't

I am about to totally give up.

https://imgur.com/qA00xZH

https://imgur.com/xsyVExi

When I get home later I'll upload a zip of my mods folder so you can compare.

Edit: Upload in progress, says 10 minutes.

Edit2: Looking at your screens, did you install the Unification patch? It looks like your base scripts might be off?

When I get home later I'll upload a zip of my mods folder so you can compare.

Edit: Upload in progress, says 10 minutes.

Edit2: Looking at your screens, did you install the Unification patch? It looks like your base scripts might be off?

thanks Neo yes I have the Unification patch.

oh i am as usual I am a big idiot think i worked what i did wrong Unification patch installed via mod manager even thou you say not too