W3R: The Wild Hunt Revisited (Witcher 3)

Neovalen

So I got through the guide and am now finally playing. I'm 99% certain I followed everything perfectly. Having an issue. Maybe I'm just being dumb though. I only ever played W3 maybe a year or so ago and I didn't get very far and don't really remember much. Now I've followed this guide but I'm basically like a new player.

I can't seem to figure out meditation. My understanding of the preparations mod is that I am supposed to be able to manage my character skills and alchemy etc while mediating? Also that I'm not supposed to be able to meditate unless I'm by a campfire or indoors? Well I seem to be able to meditate anywhere, but I don't seem to be able to manage my abilities or anything else... time just passes and that's it! Am I missing something? I've left the mod settings at default.

Apologies for the double post (why can't I edit my post?) but I have figured out that I need to spawn a campfire with the N key, then accessing my character panel will let me sort out my abilities. It threw me a bit why the ordinary meditation was still available, but I understand why according to the info on the preparation page.

• 2 weeks later...

OK so after playing with Complete animation for while decided i uninstall it it a bit too buggy for my liking.

every so often the animations bug out and start going really slowly and the only course of action is a restart.

I should add i have autoloot set to loot herbs only and the key set thus IK_E=(Action=AutoLootRadius,State=Duration,IdleTime=0.3) that way I can Radius loot herbs by pressing and hold the E key and if I just want to loot normally i can just press E works quite well.

I have Complete animation set to work expect on everything expect herbs I have also made sure animation of disabled during combat. I speed up the animations cos I felt they were too slow but like I said every so often they bug out and go really slow and i have to quit and exit for it to return to normal.

Hi Neo, can you be more specific about "Author Provided Patches" section?

I don't understand when you ask to "Select Mods > Install Merged Scripts and browse to the folder where the patch file was extracted." Can you tell me where could i find "Install Merged Scripts" in  The Witcher 3 Mod Manager?

There's nothing about it in the Mods section.

Thanks

Hello!  First, I wanted to say thanks so much for making this guide - I use your mod list for my Skyrim install too (I still think it's the best out there).  

I just wanted to give you a heads up something with the Mod Manager from a recent update:

The Mod Manager author removed the "Install Merged Scripts" command in the manager.  He said something along the lines of this command will break when he implements profiles soon in the manager.  As a workaround, I used the comments from Talos (Page 46) where he stated what the manager will actually do with the 3 patches when running.  Following his workflow, I was able to successfully remove the original files from the mods (as needed) and replace the new, patched files into the main mod's directory.  So far, working great!

I'm also experiencing an issue with the Texture mod: Geralt Chest Hair - Compatible Mutantism White - With this mod installed, Geralt's entire body (excluding face) is missing the entire texture (completely black).  I followed all of your instructions to the letter, merged the texture mods, etc.  Nothing I did worked until I unmerged the texture mods and deactivated this one.  Even running this mod un-merged has no effect.

I'm not really sure why this is happening, I fully admit that I may have missed something, but I completely uninstalled and reinstalled all of the mods to test.  I'm really not worried at all if I cant use this mod.  I'll just merge all of the other texture mods and go from there.  

Again, thanks for everything. 

P.S. I will repost Talos's instructions here in case anyone else runs into the issue with the missing "Install Merged Scripts" prompt in the W3 Mod Manager (found on Pg. 46 here):

You need all three patches. Here is how it'll play out:

The CA + GM merges those two mods scripts. The mod manager will delete those conflicted scripts from those 2 mods and place the merged ones in the CA folder.

The CA + FHUD is a simple replace of the FHUD radial menu script to allow the animations.

The CA + GM + ALCAIO is for the containers script. The mod manager will delete that script from all 3 mods folders then place the merged version in ALCAIO mod folder.

I don't think it'll cause issues but you'll want to configure CA in game to loot without herbs to disable the animations for that. I didn't get around to adding that part to the guide... was 2am already lol.

• +1 1

I wanted to report another issue that I had in case anyone else runs into it - I had trouble getting the Auto Loot mod to work.  Even with it turned on and set to the Herb and Corpse loot only, it was not working correctly for me.  

I'm pretty sure it's due to the workaround I had to do (above post) because the Mod Manager was missing the Install Merged Scripts function.  I may have messed up one of the merges when doing it - not sure.  But to fix the Auto Loot not working, I just turned off the CA Animation for looting herbs.  Once done, I had full use of Auto loot in game.  I may have to do the same for the corpse loot as well, but being that it's autolooted anyways, it's not a big deal for me.

I'll be taking another pass through the guide soon, once my new monitor arrives this week.

For those curious:

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/new-alienware-34-curved-gaming-monitor-aw3418dw/apd/210-amsv/monitors-monitor-accessories

That is an awesome monitor. I have been using ultrawide monitor over the last 1 year and like it a lot (mine is 2560x1080 only driving it with single 980 ti). You probably need to upgrade your GPU (980) as well.

I'll be taking another pass through the guide soon, once my new monitor arrives this week.

For those curious:

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/new-alienware-34-curved-gaming-monitor-aw3418dw/apd/210-amsv/monitors-monitor-accessories

Too funny, I just ordered the same monitor on the weekend. Though I still need to pick up a 1080 Ti to drive it - my 970 isn't going to cut it.

Feel free to post feedback when you get yours. Gamma is supposedly off out of the box.

Too funny, I just ordered the same monitor on the weekend. Though I still need to pick up a 1080 Ti to drive it - my 970 isn't going to cut it.

Feel free to post feedback when you get yours. Gamma is supposedly off out of the box.

Will do... I've heard that but unfortunately I don't have a colorimeter. Hope it's not terrible lol.

Can I ask why you chose that monitor. I'm just curious is all. I have 3 - 27" Asus monitors, and my tower is pretty much all ASUS. everything is about 3 to 4 years old with no issues, So I guess I have had a good experience with their brand. I would love to get triple widescreens but that is a big investment.