W3R: The Wild Hunt Revisited (Witcher 3)

Neovalen

Will do... I've heard that but unfortunately I don't have a colorimeter. Hope it's not terrible lol.

Decent colorimeter is not that expensive now a day. Used one is even cheaper. You should have accurate color and brightness on $1000 monitor lol.

I kinda want upgrade to 34 inches 3440x1440, but no budget or space to put it.

Edited by darkside

Can I ask why you chose that monitor. I'm just curious is all. I have 3 - 27" Asus monitors, and my tower is pretty much all ASUS. everything is about 3 to 4 years old with no issues, So I guess I have had a good experience with their brand. I would love to get triple widescreens but that is a big investment.

1. It's Ultrawide 21:9, great for game immersion and movies.

2. 100hz IPS Panel, OC to 120hz. According to TFTCentral the response time is crazy good for IPS.

3. Gsync for dynamic vsync when you can't hit 120 frames reliably. Tearing or stutters suck. :)

4. Said to have minimal blb, which is great.

5. I got it for $850 on black friday. There will be new monitors out next year which may be better (HDR, 200Hz, etc.) but not at this price point. Considering a single 1080Ti ussually hits 90-100 fps on ultra right now, higher resolution and refresh are going to be hard to use for a few gens of HW yet.

1. It's Ultrawide 21:9, great for game immersion and movies.

2. 100hz IPS Panel, OC to 120hz. According to TFTCentral the response time is crazy good for IPS.

3. Gsync for dynamic vsync when you can't hit 120 frames reliably. Tearing or stutters suck. :)

4. Said to have minimal blb, which is great.

5. I got it for $850 on black friday. There will be new monitors out next year which may be better (HDR, 200Hz, etc.) but not at this price point. Considering a single 1080Ti ussually hits 90-100 fps on ultra right now, higher resolution and refresh are going to be hard to use for a few gens of HW yet.

Ditto for me, though Black Friday price up here in Canada was $1500 (still a lot better than the regular price of $1950). To expand on #5, the new monitors coming out next year will be using VA panels, which I'm not as confident in as IPS. Also, HDR on PCs still seems to be a bit of a mess and I'm not interested in refresh rates higher than 120 Hz (no game that I actually want to play will be running faster than that by the time I finish modding it LOL).

Forgot to add, I'm planning on trying TFT Central's ICC profile when my monitor arrives. If things still look off, I will probably break down and buy a colorimeter. Darkside is right that it doesn't make much sense to buy a $1000+ monitor and then put up with inaccurate color / gamma.

Edited by EthanII

• 2 weeks later...

How do I implement the Author Provided Patches section?

I installed Complete Animations 2.3.1 + Friendly HUD 12.7.1 as the guide told me to. But for the other two to be installed I cannot do it using Witcher 3 Mod Manager as there is no option to Install Merged Scripts.

• +1 1

Hey Neo, wiped computer and building up all the guides again, using Darth's and DarkLady's guide...they really took off on it from your old one, going to take awhile.  However, I still haven't played the 2nd DLC, so I'm going to rebuild per your guide. Wanted you to know I appreciate that you are still keeping it current.  I don't remember there being a mod organizer for Witcher 3, looking forward to trying it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I am having an issue after following your guide.  I made sure to download all of the listed versions, but still get this:

Error [modfriendlyhud]game\gui\hud\modules\hudmoduleradialmenu.ws(38): Unknown type 'CModRadialMenuPotions' for property 'potionsHelper'.
Error [modfriendlyhud]fhudconfig\modfriendlyhudconfig.ws(105): Unknown type 'EBuffsDisplayMode' for property 'defaultDisplayMode'.
Error [modfriendlyhud]fhudconfig\modfriendlyhudconfig.ws(387): Unknown type 'EBuffsDisplayMode' for property '__ret'.

Warning [content0]engine\environment.ws(30): Global native function 'EnableDebugOverlayFilter' was not exported from C++ code.
Warning [content0]engine\environment.ws(32): Global native function 'EnableDebugPostProcess' was not exported from C++ code.
Warning [content0]engine\showflags.ws(11): Global native function 'DebugSetEShowFlag' was not exported from C++ code.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Hey Neo, wiped computer and building up all the guides again, using Darth's and DarkLady's guide...they really took off on it from your old one, going to take awhile.  However, I still haven't played the 2nd DLC, so I'm going to rebuild per your guide. Wanted you to know I appreciate that you are still keeping it current.  I don't remember there being a mod organizer for Witcher 3, looking forward to trying it.

Glad to hear someone is getting a use besides me. :)

Neo, did you every consider this overhaul?

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2521

I have not tried that overhaul, though it is very popular. Witcher 3 is a long game, hard to try out more than one overhaul. :) Really enjoying Ghost Mode though along with the rest of that authors mods.

Hello, I am having an issue after following your guide.  I made sure to download all of the listed versions, but still get this:

Error [modfriendlyhud]game\gui\hud\modules\hudmoduleradialmenu.ws(38): Unknown type 'CModRadialMenuPotions' for property 'potionsHelper'.
Error [modfriendlyhud]fhudconfig\modfriendlyhudconfig.ws(105): Unknown type 'EBuffsDisplayMode' for property 'defaultDisplayMode'.
Error [modfriendlyhud]fhudconfig\modfriendlyhudconfig.ws(387): Unknown type 'EBuffsDisplayMode' for property '__ret'.

Warning [content0]engine\environment.ws(30): Global native function 'EnableDebugOverlayFilter' was not exported from C++ code.
Warning [content0]engine\environment.ws(32): Global native function 'EnableDebugPostProcess' was not exported from C++ code.
Warning [content0]engine\showflags.ws(11): Global native function 'DebugSetEShowFlag' was not exported from C++ code.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

No ideas in particular except for making sure you installed the Unification Patch correctly (i.e. not in mod manager).

Glad to hear someone is getting a use besides me. :)

I have not tried that overhaul, though it is very popular. Witcher 3 is a long game, hard to try out more than one overhaul. :) Really enjoying Ghost Mode though along with the rest of that authors mods.

No ideas in particular except for making sure you installed the Unification Patch correctly (i.e. not in mod manager).

Ditto here RE: thanks for keeping the guide current. I haven't had any time to play lately, but I still check your guide a couple of time per week to keep my install up to date. Really appreciate all the work you put into this.

Was going to ask if you miss Compilation at all, or if you feel that HDRP has textures pretty much covered now. I see you just added Beautiful Rocks. Also, are you using the default camera?

Hi Neovalen, I love your witcher 3 and oldrim guide, was wondering when you will push out ur Skyrim SE guide and Fallout 4 guide BTW. Anyway, bug report now. When tweaking memory budget (TextureMemoryBudgetin user.settings, using a value of 4096 and upward causes blurry texture. Using a value of 3072 cause no issue however. I have a GTX 1080 w/ 8gb GPU memory so that's why I am reporting this to you here.

Ditto here RE: thanks for keeping the guide current. I haven't had any time to play lately, but I still check your guide a couple of time per week to keep my install up to date. Really appreciate all the work you put into this.

Was going to ask if you miss Compilation at all, or if you feel that HDRP has textures pretty much covered now. I see you just added Beautiful Rocks. Also, are you using the default camera?

I do miss some aspects of Compilation... I hate having to remove good mods cause of bugs and such but what can you do?

Hi Neovalen, I love your witcher 3 and oldrim guide, was wondering when you will push out ur Skyrim SE guide and Fallout 4 guide BTW. Anyway, bug report now. When tweaking memory budget (TextureMemoryBudgetin user.settings, using a value of 4096 and upward causes blurry texture. Using a value of 3072 cause no issue however. I have a GTX 1080 w/ 8gb GPU memory so that's why I am reporting this to you here.

I don't know... I wasn't a huge fan of Fallout 4 to be honest. Skyrim SE is just now starting to come into its own modding wise. As for the texture budget... I'm using 5632 with my 11Gig card and I haven't seen a single blurry texture... will keep an eye out for it.