Langleys Textures Workshop

frihyland

Based on OP shot compares the only textures from Langley that appeal to me were the bed and the ragged cloth. For the rest, I prefer vanilla/STEP. Saying that though. a few shots were too dark to properly see the object and I'd probably need to see the items in game myself.

I'll be doing my usual OCD compares (somewhat like I did with the cave compares) when I get done with the DDSOpt video and will make sure the places I choose have good lighting. Hey... maybe I can trim another 10 minutes or so off the video (I doubt I could cut yet another 20 minutes off the length we'll see). Anyways this will be my next mission.

Deathwing's compares are good so I'd much rather you focus on compares that have not been done yet so the the time spent is more productive. Efficiency is the goal! :thumbsup:

Any wood work or metal that has nice designs on them would probably be found in the most advanced areas and then only owned by the very elite, because the tools to craft these designs would not be available everywhere nor would the expertise or experience to use them in this time period. We give a lot of leeway to weapons and armor as it is. Unless it was built by the Dwemer and then it would probably be made out of metal.

my $.02

Still...... they do look nice though!

In terms of TES lore, however, there was a lot of high quality wood furniture in TES4 (Oblivion). Is it reasonable that little of this makes it's way to Skyrim? Of course, there are probably some that felt Oblivion went too far in items like this.

Based on OP shot compares the only textures from Langley that appeal to me were the bed and the ragged cloth. For the rest, I prefer vanilla/STEP. Saying that though. a few shots were too dark to properly see the object and I'd probably need to see the items in game myself.

I'll be doing my usual OCD compares (somewhat like I did with the cave compares) when I get done with the DDSOpt video and will make sure the places I choose have good lighting. Hey... maybe I can trim another 10 minutes or so off the video (I doubt I could cut yet another 20 minutes off the length we'll see). Anyways this will be my next mission.

Deathwing's compares are good so I'd much rather you focus on compares that have not been done yet so the the time spent is more productive. Efficiency is the goal! :thumbsup:

Oh for the most part his compares are good but as I said it's something I have to do, efficiency be da... danged. I won't be doing the exact same compares I'll likely be doing them with the full contingent of Langley mods (except for the Dwemer stuff).

Phazer11,

Looking forward to your screenshots for this mod. I know you will do an incredible job that will create some fully detailed shots.

All I am hoping to do is to get this ball moving, and help the Step Community get one step closer to finalizing this huge texture pack.

Would you like to be recognized as a contributing mod tester? I can do this if you plan on being around in the future and doing this sort of thing even if infrequently.

Phazer11,

Looking forward to your screenshots for this mod. I know you will do an incredible job that will create some fully detailed shots.

All I am hoping to do is to get this ball moving, and help the Step Community get one step closer to finalizing this huge texture pack.

Would you like to be recognized as a contributing mod tester? I can do this if you plan on being around in the future and doing this sort of thing even if infrequently.

It will be an honor to be a mod tester.

At the moment I am reformatting my computer and getting my PC back to normal.

Once I accomplish this task, I will than learn the functions of mod organizer, so I can make multiple profiles to make some proper screenshots.

(example: Vanilla Profile, Step Profile, New Mod Profile)

Give me some time to get this all set up, and Ill be back with force with more proper screenshots for vanilla, step, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

i know this probably will not be well-received, but it's how i feel. I think this whole mod should be scrapped from testing, and here are my reasons:

- it is way too diverse, covers too many things, in too many areas

- as such, it conflicts with nearly every texture pack currently available to some degree

- it is an advanced users pack and, per the author's description, not intended to be used as a whole

- because of this, the amount of time and resources required to properly test is increased tenfold

If we decide to continue with the testing, the only foreseeable solution would be to maybe approve individual textures/components and maybe build a BCF that installs only these textures (if possible), the likes of which i think is unprecedented in STEP (i.e. a mod is usually approved or not approved, rather than a 'partial' approval)

I dunno.., like i said, i dont expect everyone will agree, im just hoping someone will see my point

i know this probably will not be well-received, but it's how i feel. I think this whole mod should be scrapped from testing, and here are my reasons:

- it is way too diverse, covers too many things, in too many areas

- as such, it conflicts with nearly every texture pack currently available to some degree

- it is an advanced users pack and, per the author's description, not intended to be used as a whole

- because of this, the amount of time and resources required to properly test is increased tenfold

If we decide to continue with the testing, the only foreseeable solution would be to maybe approve individual textures/components and maybe build a BCF that installs only these textures (if possible), the likes of which i think is unprecedented in STEP (i.e. a mod is usually approved or not approved, rather than a 'partial' approval)

I dunno.., like i said, i dont expect everyone will agree, im just hoping someone will see my point

I entirely agree with this :yes:

This is definitely my thoughts for Core. TBD for Extended.