Rustic Clothing (by Gamwich)

sheershaw

I think keeping the mages robes from the current and accepted STEP mods and accepting Rustic Clothing for everything else makes sense. Best of both worlds.

I've been playing with Rustic Clothing for a while, and I quite enjoy it. The textures are far superior on the whole to what is currently in STEP. This is Core material, IMO.

This is the barkeeper outfit from the new version of Rustic Clothing for comparison. I took this screenshot at the Winking Skeever so the lighting is a better.

Vanilla / Skyrim HD/ Rustic Clothing
y3m9gtR1SZs8P5EWxQn8kibHOimKgn5mx_dNxMT_y3m-zprKNOdCkgntCwWjJY7OdXV96HUIebJnR7Yxy3mIGQKRzDTIXP9nnewO05iwBJopsCf-Nod3ksKE

I think Gamwich is the clear winner in this one instance. The vanilla shirt looks more like rubber or something similar to my aging eyes and the Skyrim HD shirt looks like it's made out of a croker sack (more commonly burlap or a similar material).

a02719eb79fb7e5dbc9822a82298cb68.jpg

I've split off the off topic to here: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/10900-texture-compare-and-other-critiques/?do=findComment&comment=172037

Back to the testing...

I had some time so I ran around Skyrim in various locations and interiors looking at and watching the NPCs. The final version of this mod is spot on for the vanilla lighting now and the deviations from vanilla here and there on some of the detailing is nothing that I would consider to keep it from being Core material. I endorse this for Core. This would also cover a large group of missing overhauled textures for STEP.

I encourage all the staff interested in testing to download the 2K-1K version and run around the game for a bit to observe the new textures for proper voting. We've already agreed for keeping our current mage clothing so that is covered. I've also looked at Skyrim HD and didn't care for those couple textures vs this mod.

Here's some quick and dirty shots of a few textures in their "natural environments":

STEP (aka vanilla/HRDLC) >> Rustic Clothing
TESV_2016_07_05_20_29_48_03.jpgTESV_2016_07_05_20_33_15_78.jpg
TESV_2016_07_05_20_30_24_02.jpgTESV_2016_07_05_20_33_51_20.jpg
TESV_2016_07_05_20_31_30_25.jpgTESV_2016_07_05_20_34_24_12.jpg
TESV_2016_07_05_20_32_04_42.jpgTESV_2016_07_05_20_34_52_69.jpg

I've split off the off topic to here: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/10900-texture-compare-and-other-critiques/?do=findComment&comment=172037

Back to the testing...

I had some time so I ran around Skyrim in various locations and interiors looking at and watching the NPCs. The final version of this mod is spot on for the vanilla lighting now and the deviations from vanilla here and there on some of the detailing is nothing that I would consider to keep it from being Core material. I endorse this for Core. This would also cover a large group of missing overhauled textures for STEP.

I encourage all the staff interested in testing to download the 2K-1K version and run around the game for a bit to observe the new textures for proper voting. We've already agreed for keeping our current mage clothing so that is covered. I've also looked at Skyrim HD and didn't care for those couple textures vs this mod.

Here's some quick and dirty shots of a few textures in their "natural environments":

STEP (aka vanilla/HRDLC) >> Rustic Clothing

TESV_2016_07_05_20_34_24_12.jpg

Well, it seems you have stumbled on to something.... That's not my Ulfric normal map, that's vanilla. I must've neglected to copy that file over to the 2K-1K version. Seems an update is in order. Now, if I had never known you were evaluating my mod, I might not have noticed this for some time. You see?...... I was right after all.  :;):

Edited by TechAngel85

Well, it seems you have stumbled on to something.... That's not my Ulfric normal map, that's vanilla. I must've neglected to copy that file over to the 2K-1K version. Seems an update is in order. Now, if I had never known you were evaluating my mod, I might not have noticed this for some time. You see?...... I was right after all.  :;):

::D:

Well, it seems you have stumbled on to something.... That's not my Ulfric normal map, that's vanilla. I must've neglected to copy that file over to the 2K-1K version. Seems an update is in order. Now, if I had never known you were evaluating my mod, I might not have noticed this for some time. You see?...... I was right after all. :;):

Let's give him mod author badge. :D

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: 3 of the 4 clothing folders for the Dawnguard DLC have now been added... Blind Moth Priest, Bloody Prisoner, and the Vampire Simple Clothes (AKA Bloody Clothes). Due to the number of variations for the "leather" vampire outfits, I'm doing Dawnguard in two installments. No point in making people wait until I get the whole thing done, as the download files are considerably smaller than the main game clothing.

• +1 1