200 times BedBunnyScript.psc in save game?

disi

Question

My Papyrus engine would freeze a lot on a new game and I started to investigate.

I have logs like these all the time:

[09/25/2015 - 02:45:45PM] Error: Cannot call Enable() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [ (000E5AF7)].BedBunnyScript.ToggleEnableStateIfApplicable() - "BedBunnyScript.psc" Line ?
    [ (000E5AF7)].BedBunnyScript.OnGainLOS() - "BedBunnyScript.psc" Line ?
[09/25/2015 - 02:45:51PM] Error: Cannot call Enable() on a None object, aborting function call

And eventually the game CTD or Freeze and does dump all the waiting scripts.

Checking the save game, there are more than 200 instances of BedBunnyScript.psc

pnerWir.jpg

Its something in the Worker's House:

MixwaterMillWorkersHouse "Worker's House" [CELL:000161F0]

This is where I dropped in as a vampire (Alternative Start) and talked to the 3DNPC inside. Leaving there I had a Freeze CTD on the road to Whiterun, so I keep the save game in the worker's house to investigate and as starting point until I fixed it and can cross the second bridge towards Whiterun. First I had more mods and it would crash on the first bridge, by removing the MSO (there are some leftovers in the save) and Equipment Overhaul, I now make it to the second bridge before the game freezes.

This is an official Skyrim script?

Is this even the reason for CTD or Freeze?

How come it tries to kill my Papyrus engine?

Papyrus.0.log is crash

Papyrus.2.log is Freeze (Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks)

loadorder.txt

Papyrus.0.log.txt

Papyrus.2.log.zip

Edited by disi

10 answers to this question

No time for a lot of invesitgation for now, sry.

At first sight, I'd say this script is attached to various references (most likely beds, according to the name) which aren't persistents. So when the object reference isn't loaded anymore, the script throw this error. Which explain why you have those 200 instances (one per object, - bed if a follow up on my precedent hypothesis).

BedBunnyScript isn't from the official game nor DLC.

Edit : Just looked at your load order.

Almost certain this kind of things is from either OBIS or Genesis, their design is full of technical inconsistencies of the same fashion. Checking right now. Edit : it's not.

Could also be 3dnpc, IIRC the whole mod is corrupted as its original version was made with TESVSnip and never got fixed. This is usually passed under silence as very few people report errors easily traceable back to the mod itself, and this a quite popular one. Edit : I was wrong about it. See pStyl3 post below.

Edited by Kesta

No time for a lot of invesitgation for now, sry.

At first sight, I'd say this script is attached to various references (most likely beds, according to the name) which aren't persistents. So when the object reference isn't loaded anymore, the script throw this error. Which explain why you have those 200 instances (one per object, - bed if a follow up on my precedent hypothesis).

BedBunnyScript isn't from the official game nor DLC.

Edit : Just looked at your load order. Almost certain this kind of things is from either OBIS or Genesis, their design is full of technical inconsistencies of the same fashion. Checking right now.

Thank you, Genesis is disabled in the MCM menu. I wanted to leave this Tower Quest until I reach Solitude.

OBIS is such a cool mod, which I would miss a lot and used before without big issues. :(

p.s. how do I search for scripts in MO?

I'll try this:

mod organizer data tab, scroll down to scripts, look for anything highlighted red.

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/3bdxjq/how_do_you_search_for_and_compare_conflicting/

pps. now that you mention 3DNPC being old and all. It would explain the weird FormID of the script 000E5AF7? This is load order 00, why I ask if it is official.

I am not home yet and cannot check :/

Last yesr I used version 3.08 or something, I think. Now they updated to 3.10.

Edited by disi

As I said in my edit, it's not from obis or genesis anyway. Those aren't game breaking mods, there is just some weird stuffs in it.

And yess, that's how you search fro script in MO, though you don't have to look only for stuffs in red. Just check the list under scripts, it's sorted by alphabetical order.

Edit : ninja'd ² ?  ::P:

Edit2 :

pps. now that you mention 3DNPC being old and all. It would explain the weird FormID of the script 000E5AF7? This is load order 00, why I ask if it is official.

Nah, that's not it. A script can be from a mod, but be attached to a vanilla object, and thus have an instance in 00XXXXXX

Edit3 : And while we're talking about scripts instance in savegame : Though it can be due to a bad design or issue in a mod, this can also be perfectly normal and non-gamebreaking if properly scripted. An example of this is vanilla's mineorescript which have about 900 instances IIRC.

Edited by Kesta
  • +1 1

3DNPC is not corrupted btw. The base game version's esp file is 21,7MB large and Tes5edit can't find a single error. ;) 

The Hearthfire version does have a couple of errors in the Dialog Topic section but I don't know how serious they are. Not all error reports by Tes5Edit are important. It's not the kind of error reports you can see in really corrupted plugins like Jaysus Swords or the original Weapons and Armor Fixes.

Happens. But now that is cleared. ::):

Anyway, in the light of forums.bethsoft.com becoming an archive in the near future, let's make sure that post is archived properly - Screenshot.

Quote from Sharlikran:

Don't PM me about this. Also don't say that because I have found NavMesh errors that there is something wrong with the Mod. They were typical errors I see in EditorWarnings.txt when I load plugins into the CK.  Any mod that alters the NavMesh has errors when I load it into the CK.  So Elianora's mods are obviously corrupt by that logic because I help her sometimes to correct NavMesh errors in her mods.  Oh god she is secretly keeping something from us.  Wait the CK is corrupting our mods there are NavMesh errors.   :ooo:

First the op posts that they read somewhere that Snip can cause issues. So since they couldn't find anything about the stability of the mod they thought they would ask. Let me paraphrase that into what the OP really means, "I am a novice modder.  I don't know anything about mods and I really like this mod.  However, I saw somewhere that snip might have been used on this mod.  From what I understand snip can cause corruption to mods.  However, I don't know anything about programming, I didn't write Snip, I didn't work with volunteers to resolve any of Snip's issues, I didn't work on Wrye Bash or TES5Edit so I would have no idea how to examine a plugin in the first place.  Can someone tell me if there is anything wrong with this mod?"

Short answer, noting is wrong with the mod.  Not the file (3.09.5) I just repaired anyway.  I already sent it to the author.  :eek:

People have unstable games from mods that aren't made by making changes with Snip. The instability is usually caused by things the author did wrong.  Maybe the author didn't resolve deleted NavMeshes, or the author didn't resolve the Deleted References with TES5Edit. Games crash for people all the time, after an hour or whatever.  My game crashed all the time.  After setting up the proper SKSE INI file for the memory fix and after setting up ENB to optimize how the textures are handled by my system, Skyrim doesn't crash as much if at all.  My game used to crash because of all the ridiculously high poly count meshes in ApachiiSkyHair but thanks to Expired that is no longer an issue with changes to the RaceMenu.  

Textures being way beyond what the game needs can cause issues.  I had crashes and black textures until I asked in Caliente's thread about a completely separate issue with installing the mod.  After Caliente saw what I said about the black textures I was told that my VRam was full.  Completely unrelated to why I went there but my game works much better by using the various programs out there to reduce textures.  

What about running the game with the official DLC and 3DNPC only.  Lots of mods can cause all kind of conflicts.  Has any of that been done?

The other thing that bothers me about this is nothing is mentioned about things being baked into your save game. Like this that happened to me after uninstalling Real Carriages.  That's just because there are things that Bethesda shouldn't have put in the save game file.  Which some progress has been made to view them and until that's finished there is no telling what's in them that could case all kinds of issues.  This screen shot is from the Dovahkiin Hideout and the mannequins are like that because the NPC was altered and that's in the Save Game.  If you make a new game and go to the Hideout they have the Wood Texture.

Have any of you looked at the plugin?  Rhetorical question maybe but, I'd wager the answer is no.

Snip errors are very specific. The original Snip didn't use Zlib but the version that the volunteers worked on that I have does use Zlib.  About the only person I would trust to comment on loss of data due to compression would be Shademe.  We originally thought when certain criteria was met that the CK would compress CELL and WRLD records.  However, over the years we have seen uncompressed records when we thought that with what was in the record that it should have been compressed.  Bottom line, the CK compresses it when it wants to.

<Element name="Rest of Data" type="uint" hexview="1" hexviewwithdec="1" optional="1" repeat="1"/>

Funny thing is about the truncated records.  I was the one that pointed it out by using TES5Dump before TES5Edit was even released.  Since I worked with the volunteers I have learned it's because Snip wouldn't read to the end of the record because the xml just wasn't sufficient.  Snip still can't be used but I had them add support for the above line of code.  With that line I can see all the data until the end of the record now.  It's in HEX but it's there.  I could save Skyrim.esm as an esp file and remove the ESM flag.  It would be a binary equal of Skyrim.esm minus the byte for that flag.  Not that you would want to do that, but you could.

Snip causes out of order subrecords which I can see those with TES5Edit but, there are none in this mod. Snip won't handle FormIDs correctly and that causes the FormID to not be clamped. I don't want to explain what an unclamped FormID is, just know this mod doesn't have any.  Snip has a bug in it that doesn't allow it to handle repeating blocks of data as I mentioned.  So not all the FormIDs are accounted for.  That is how Snip used to cause unresolved references.  Thing is though... if you use the CK to remove masters or if you use TES5Edit to remove something and don't know what you are doing then you will end up with Unresolved References.  Doesn't mean the mod was touched by snip.  Check for errors in TES5Edit is the best way to see if there are unresolved references but guess what, there are none in this mod.

So unless one of you have loaded and saved the plugin in the CK, hex compared the mod with BeyondCompare, ran check for errors to look for unresolved references and other issues, looked for unclamped records, resolved all the common NavMesh errors that the CK makes, resolved any deleted NavMeshes that the CK causes, removed any wild edits manually, cleaned the mod, or participated in part of the programming that went into Wrye Flash, Wrye Bash, TES5Edit, and TESVSnip then you haven't done anything that allows you to comment.

Since none of the Snip errors were there that I was looking for, the only thing I did was resolve all the NevMesh issues and two Wild Edits.  

The next version (3.09.5) will work just fine for those that are curious.

P.S. Also when I say blah blah blah and if not then you haven't done anything that allows you to comment.  I'm not talking about accomplished modders that have provided invaluable information during the development of TES5Edit or Wrye Bash.  I mean non veteran modders.  Still unless you looked at the plugin you shouldn't be commenting.

Edited by pStyl3