Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul (by kryptopyr)

darkside

• 4 weeks later...

CACO has updated to 1.2. There are quite a few additions. Check the change log for full details.

• Randomised number of eggs in all bird’s nests and chicken nests now spawn every 24 hours.
  • Over 40 new load screens that feature CACO-related alchemy tips. Can be toggled off in the MCM.
  • Completely overhauled all of Ingredient sounds, including the addition of several new custom sounds. Ingredients now use more appropriate sounds and don't just default to the same generic pickup/drop sounds.
  • 70 new sulphur deposits added to the sulphur pools south of Windhelm that can be mined with a pickaxe.
  • When doing the Farming Job quest, the player will now be paid for multiple crops instead of receiving 1 gold per item. You can adjust the number of crops required for payment using new MCM options.
  • Squash and Potato plants will now yield multiple items when harvested, and the yield of BYOH potato plant has been increased from 3 to 5.
  • Increased the speed that the Alchemy skill levels by 25%.
  • Edited the vanilla alchemy recipes and alchemy-related texts so that they reflect the changes CACO makes to the ingredient properties.
  • Flesh can now be harvested from NPCs using any dagger or a scalpel without the need for the Anatomist perk.
  • Reworking of bombs so they no longer edit Race data and are useable by vampires.
  • Damage Undead poisons now work correctly.
  • Added items to vendor lists for easier availability.
  • Bug fixes.
  • +1 1

Man I absolutely love this mod and am incredibly grateful to Kryptopyr for all the great work he's done on Skyrim mods.

I must say though I am slightly worried that it's going to get away from him.  The feature list is absolutely enormous and seems to be only getting bigger.  I really hope he can stay focused, keep careful delineation of what the intention of the project is, and really refine the details rather than expand the premise.  I can remember a really promising follower mod that has gotten bogged down with features and a lack of updates....

Man I absolutely love this mod and am incredibly grateful to Kryptopyr for all the great work she's done on Skyrim mods.

I must say though I am slightly worried that it's going to get away from her.  The feature list is absolutely enormous and seems to be only getting bigger.  I really hope she can stay focused, keep careful delineation of what the intention of the project is, and really refine the details rather than expand the premise.  I can remember a really promising follower mod that has gotten bogged down with features and a lack of updates....

Fixed that for you.

@baronaatista. It's a valid concern because we have all seen this happen. Now, I can't speak for Kryptopyr, but I can assure you she is very good at keeping within the boundaries of a mod's scope and isn't prone to feature creep. If you take another look at the change list you will see that everything is related to alchemy and cooking. The overall goal is to make using the mod a much more rewarding experience; fixing vanilla harvests, improving ingredient sounds, tweaking skill gain, new ways of acquiring ingredients, informing the player, etc.

As for updates, well only time will tell of course. Chesko has recently announced on his Skyrim Survival Website that "Last Seed was developed in close collaboration with Kryptopyr, author of Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul, in order to ensure maximum compatibility. Last Seed is designed to work extremely well with CACO, much like Frostfall and Wet and Cold". So as you can see there is more planned for CACO moving forward.

Oh damn sorry, all respect to the mighty Kryptopyr.  SHE is one hell of a mod creator.

I'm certainly hopeful for the future, and that blended functionality with Last Seed sounds nothing short of amazing.  All I plan on doing is enjoying the results of her hard work in my game - so I'm definitely not complaining.  I just hope to see it finished, I suppose.

* and the work of Teabag and Excinerus!  I'm somewhat new to this side of the community, still learning the basics, please forgive my ignorance.  I have nothing but respect for all the talented mod-makers out there.

Edited by baronaatista

Thank you.  Fortunately, I've had a lot of amazing help; Teabag and Excinerus are largely responsible for the most interesting features in this latest update.  CACO is certainly my most expansive mod, but the future additions I have planned should still feel like a cohesive part of the mod.  I doubt I'll ever get completely "finished" with my mods though, particularly CACO.  It seems like there's always some new idea that I want to try, but then, that's what keeps me interested in modding.

• +1 4

I doubt I'll ever get completely "finished" with my mods though, particularly CACO.  

One thing I dearly hope to see before I grow old is that CACO-fueled update to Trade and Barter with regional pricing. Since CACO appeared I've had to stop using Trade Routes (btw, a piece of sterling work - but not updated very often) - but I sure miss it ...

One thing I dearly hope to see before I grow old is that CACO-fueled update to Trade and Barter with regional pricing. Since CACO appeared I've had to stop using Trade Routes (btw, a piece of sterling work - but not updated very often) - but I sure miss it ...

Me too.  :)  For clarity, though, I'm not really going to add a lot of regional price differences, but rather variations in the types and quantities of items that merchants will carry depending on the region and the shop.  If I do any regional price differences it will probably only be on a much broader scale, such as Solstheim vs Skyrim.

Krypto, It's time for an avatar change to reflect your status.

krypto1rz3n.jpg

Yes, again.

Edit: Waste not want not. :lol:

Edited by Guest

FYI, CACO-STEP patch has been updated for CACO v1.2. Link here.

It includes the relevant CACO patches from the CACO Nexus page. In other words, for a plain STEP install, just the CACO main file and the CACO-STEP patch are needed.

If the staff recommend using this patch, the testing instructions in the OP of this thread may need to be altered. The sticky in the Nexus posts section for the patch also lists a different recommended load order, but I haven't checked it out in xEdit yet to see if it actually matters.

Anyway, cheers to Kryptopyr and Co. for the great update to CACO. And cheers to onem4nb4nd for the updated patch!

Me too.  :)  

Huh. Coming from you, that means something! I wonder whether there's anyone out there who could create a CACO patch for Trade Routes. I actually tried once but I quickly realized that that mod is waaaaaay past the kind of stuff I (sort of, vaguely) understand. (I.e., you can't just prod it around in TES5Edit and expect something good to happen.)