Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul (by kryptopyr)

darkside

i would like to add CACO to my game but I am loathed to start a new one can I add if I have no perks in Alchemy and get rid of all my player made potions Or is that just a really bad idea.

also how well does this play with realistic needs and diseases 2

Edit. I have decided to put my current playthrough on hold until frostfall 3.0 comes out in a few weeks

Edited by Darth_mathias

i would like to add CACO to my game but I am loathed to start a new one can I add if I have no perks in Alchemy and get rid of all my player made potions Or is that just a really bad idea.

If you don't have any perks in Alchemy and you get rid of any potions you previously made, then I think you'd probably be fine.  CACO won't play nice with RND, though.  There will definitely need to be a patch before CACO will work with RND.

@Shadriss

I don't know what to say about the waterskins.  They work fine for me.  I was waiting to hear if others have the same problem and if there's any other information that might help me figure it out. 

If you don't have any perks in Alchemy and you get rid of any potions you previously made, then I think you'd probably be fine.  CACO won't play nice with RND, though.  There will definitely need to be a patch before CACO will work with RND.

thanks for this info might go back to ineed instead (since i use SRLE and Neo suggests ineed). i have decided to put my current playthrough on hold until Frostfall 3.0 come out in a few weeks time.

Edited by Darth_mathias

Going through TES5Edit now... and it's brought me to another question. I know you used portions of Radiant and Unique Potions as part of CACO... should it be removed as a result? I'm seeing several instances of record overwrites from that mod.

Also, some of the conflicts were at least partly my fault - I incorrectly (and lazily) assumed that LOOT would place CCOR before CACO. Meta-rule now in place to insure it.

EDIT: Are recipes in any way baked into a save game? Based on TES5Edit, only two mods are doing anything with recipes, this and CCOR. Per CACO, I have CACO AFTER CCOR in the load order, and have seen no change. A few other mods reference the issues I've seen (still looking into iNeed's water situation), but only add instances of them into various cells, if I read the reference page correctly.

EDIT 2: Concerning the water, some experiment results. I had three full waterskins (Waterskin 3/3 (3) ) at start. Recipe list credits me with no water. (As a side note, LOOT meta-rule forcing CACO to load after both iNeed and CCOR, which is also apparently touching food recipes.)

1) Drank water via the iNeed hotkey (not how I normally do it, BTW... I use the automation normally).

2) Checked recipe list. Now credited with 1 water. (Huh? Should be 8 at this point...)

3) Drank water again, using same method.

4) Checked list, now credited with 2 water. (CACO is taking water directly from my stomach?)

5) Drank a third time, turning the Waterskin into an Empty Waterskin. Theory: SHould be back to no water credited.

6) Checked list, now credited with 3 water. (Maybe I'm peeing into the stew?)

7) Crafted an Apple Cabbage Stew, just to see what happens to my water supply.

8) Inventory now shows the two remaining full waterskins as expected. It has also refilled the empty skin to 2/3.

Conclusions: Something hinky up in here. Based on my perusal of this and iNeed in TES5Edit, there are no other mods affecting water, and for other recipes, only other mods are placing instances, not messing with the recipe itself. Therefor, I can only conlcude a problem between iNeed and CACO. It MAY be partly because of the automation, but I wonder if certain settings are affecting the interplay between mods? Best I can come up with, and granted I'm no mod author, but that's where the evidence leads me right now.

As always, if you have anything you want me to check, test, do voodoo dances with, etc, let me know. I have a save game in perfect position to further test this.

Edited by Shadriss

No, I didn't use anything from Radiant and Unique Potions.  CACO will conflict with it.  If you do use Radiant and Unique Potions, you should load it before CACO (though it's possible that CACO will completely overwrite it, so you might just want to remove the esp and use just the textures).

Test this theory for me:  empty waterskin = 3 water, 1/3 waterskin = 2 water, 2/3 waterskin = 1 water, full waterskin = 0 water. 

Try drinking out of different waterskins to get different combinations, then see if they add up to water equaling the amounts here.  From what you said, I think the waterskins might have populated the formlist backwards.

For the first - this is what I did after I wrote, so agree with just making the ESP in the optional list in MO. Check and done.

To the second, that is what I thought was happening as well. As far as I'm aware, though, at least with the hotkey, there is no way to drink from a waterskin selectively. I'll check and get back to you, however.

EDIT: Can be done, and your theory is plausible. Hard to tell for certain, however, since the three Waterskin 2/3 I had after taking a drink from each were recombined into two 3/3 and an empty. It's the same net result however. So, if the values are assigned in reverse order, it would stand to reason that the usage of water is backwards as well, giving water instead of taking it, based on step 8 of my above experiment.

EDIT 2: Thinking on it, my only follow on question is this: Is there a way to fix this locally, or will I need to wait for some kind of fix?

Edited by Shadriss

I have some waterskins and when I drink from one the item menu shows a decreased amount of water in the waterskin (the correct behavior). I hadn't previously looked at a water in recipes in a Cooking pot, but similar to what Shadriss noted when I drank the water the cooking pot recipe said I had added some water (vs. decreased it).

I also got a jug of water (CACO_FoodIngrWater) from a well and when I drink water from it the message correctly says the water has decreased. If I have it my inventory when I use the Cooking Pot the recipe correctly shows the added water. I did not use the recipe and exited the Cooking Pot menu, but now the water jug shows that water has been consumed or the jug might be gone. In the Cooking Pot menu the recipe still shows the same amount of water as the last time I looked at the recipe.

I have some waterskins and when I drink from one the item menu shows a decreased amount of water in the waterskin (the correct behavior). I hadn't previously looked at a water in recipes in a Cooking pot, but similar to what Shadriss noted when I drank the water the cooking pot recipe said I had added some water (vs. decreased it).

I also got a jug of water (CACO_FoodIngrWater) from a well and when I drink water from it the message correctly says the water has decreased. If I have it my inventory when I use the Cooking Pot the recipe correctly shows the added water. I did not use the recipe and exited the Cooking Pot menu, but now the water jug shows that water has been consumed or the jug might be gone. In the Cooking Pot menu the recipe still shows the same amount of water as the last time I looked at the recipe.

The waterskins themselves are acting as intended - it appears that CACO's interaction with them, and apparently with all water, seems to have a few issues. I'm sure Krypt is working on it.

Did you have any empty or partially empty waterskins in your inventory?  If you have space in your waterskins, then they'll be refilled from the jug.

Hey Krypt - I'll be out of town until Sunday night (local... PST), so won't be able to help with finding any solutions. But just so I make sure, the possibility of the waterskins hitting the formlist backwards - is that something that happened at my end somehow, and if so, how would I fix it and prevent it from happening again?

For better or worse, it seems to be limited to just a few users (most who have commented say that ineed works properly).  I added a small delay in the script that is adding the waterskins, which will hopefully make sure they are adding in the correct order.  I may also have the script double check the order after it is finished and redo it if the results aren't correct.  With the next update, I'll force CACO to run this ineed compatibility again, and hopefully with the new checks in place, it will fix your issue as well.